Recent content by ChickenStu

1. C

Wouldn't a new Quantum Leap limited series be cool?

With 24: Live Another Day being such a success and the recent announcements of new Twin Peaks and The X-Files limited series - I'm wondering if attention will soon be turned to Quantum Leap? The ending of the series finale will be a tough one to swerve but I reckon it could be handled either...
  2. C

How I would've done the final episode...

OK, a friend of mine and I were discussing the final episode of the show, Mirror Image. Personally, I am not a fan. I think the ending was a cheat. When he asked me how I would have ended the show - I told him my idea and he loved it. Here goes... Basically, he would've leaped out of Memphis...
  3. C

These are going for a song on Amazon...

You can pick up second hand copies of the novels on the UK Amazon site for as little as 1p (plus a couple of quid postage and packaging). I've lost many of mine over the years but I'm thinking of picking up another copy of Ashley McConnel's prelude. Fancy re-reading that one...
  4. C

Who would you cast in the Quantum Leap movie?

OK, we know there are rumblings of a Hollywood movie in which Scott Bakula and Dean Stockwell are all but guaranteed to cameo in. Question is, who gets the big roles of Sam Beckett and Al Calavicci? Personally, I think Ewan McGregor would make an excellent Sam Beckett. He's more than capable...
  5. C

Quantum Leap's best season?

For me I have to say season one. The first four seasons are quite strong, but the first one really does it for me. I feel that things fall apart a bit in the fifth. You guys?
  6. C

I met Scott Bakula last week

He was at London Comic Con 2009. I'm sorry to say that he came across as kind of a jerk. His autograph was stupidly expensive (but like an idiot I still paid to get it) and he was charging more than anyone else there. He was also refusing to have his photo taken with fans. I still took a...
  7. C

If the new Knight Rider is succesful...

Maybe that will start a trend that will see a lot of old TV shows resurrected? Maybe Quantum Leap? It's about time? This could be a good thing guys. Anyway to celebrate, let's join the Hoff as he looks for freedom.
  8. C

Did QL "Jump The Shark"? in Season 5?

A controversial question for sure. I was thinking about an old issue of SFX which had an article asking this very question. The article thinks the show J'd the S in Season 5, when the producers made the decision to have Sam leap into real life personalities. I actually do think these episodes...
  9. C

Where's Donna in "Mirror Image"?

and Tina and Beeks for that matter. It's like Sam's wife is just forgotten about after "The Leap Back".
  10. C

Anyone here got kids on the way?

Hope this ain't too much of a personal question for any of you guys, but is anyone out there expecting kids? My wife is six months pregnant with my first child, it's due in May. I'm already a step-dad to her 12 year old son. It's be nice to hear from anyone in the same boat as me, or any...
  11. C

Due South

After Quantum Leap ended, this became my favourite show. I recently got the DVD set of Season 1 and I'm loving it! Any other fans?
  12. C

Seasons 4 and 5 on Region 2?

Anyone? Hopefully, because Season 3 is being released so quickly after Season 2 on Region 2, we won't have long to wait for the remaining seasons. At least that's what I'm hoping....
  13. C

You guys heard this about "Mirror Image"?

I've read quite a few times that "Mirror Image" was never intended to be the very final episode of the series. It was just supposed to be a season finale, and not a series finale. Apparently the legend about "Sam Beckett Never Returned Home" was added on hastily at the end, when NBC informed the...
  14. C

My idea for a screenplay

I used to have an ambition of going into screenwriting. This has changed over the recent years, as now I want to be a novelist. However, one idea I was kicking around was an idea for a sequel to Quantum Leap, which I wanted to write and then send to Donald P. Bellisario. I will outline the basic...
  15. C

Hey, I'm ChickenStu, nice to meet you all!

Hey, my name's Stu. Thought I'd introduce myself. 27 years old, live in the UK, married to Wendy, have an 11 year old step-son, and a baby on the way. Quantum Leap was my favourite programme as a schoolboy. It used to be on 9pm, Thursday nights on BBC2, and my parents used to let me stay up late...