Search results

1. C

Spoiler and Speculation Discussion -After the Season 2 Finale

The closest example I can think of are the Star Trek holodecks where people can separate from each other. Let's just assume Sam came up with the tech first.
  2. C

A Janis hologram as observer is very much looked forward to. But I want Jenn to be Ben and Addison's first hologram just to freak out Ben who still thinks she's dead. Jenn: "Why does everyone think I'm dead?"
  3. C

Quantum Leap Season Two finale!

I don't see Ben coming home permanently until a series finale, if then. That finale would have to be considered a series finale by the staff who knew it was going to be over. This ending wasn't a real happy one as we have both Ben and Addison lost in time, even if they can touch (and more...
  4. C

Scott Bakula talks about revival series this weekend

You do make some excellent points. My assessment of Sam as not having grown wasn't accurate. Sam being willing to take the time change risk for Al was a step forward. Sam's journey had a huge amount of self interest. He leaps to help Donna on his third leap Then again, the leapers we've...
  5. C

What gets me about Sam's resolution is that he didn't seem to grow or change. He was always a boy scout who did the right thing to help people, but throughout the series, his regret at not being there for his family was powerful. His final decision led to him not seeing his family or friend...
  6. C

"Dr. Sam Becket never returned home." Back when Mirror Image was broadcast, we took this to mean Sam would keep on leaping forever, or at least the rest of his life. It was certainly a fair interpretation at the time. What I find interesting is that the new series has made an issue out of...
  7. C

Quantum Leap Season Two finale!

The two part season two finale hass the potential to be new QL's "Best of Both Worlds".
  8. C

The butterfly effect is nothing new to QL. We saw it in Honeymoon Express as well as Al recognizing the change in Senators. Leap for Lisa had the guards outside Sam's door disappear when Bingo leapt and kept Chip busy. The blue glow around Al is also probably a butterfly effect as well...
  9. C

Gideon's chip

True. We don't know for sure, but Josh would have been a doctor in Trenton in any case and without Ben, Hannah's a small town NM waitress. Them meeting and getting together is a big long shot.
  10. C

Gideon's chip

So after the events of the season 1 finale, Ziggy needed the new chip. OK, I can buy that. I'll have to rewatch Ben and Teller to get details but that makes sense. Still, the events of the first half of the season with the blackmailing woman who was 100% aware of where the chip was and who...
  11. C

Gideon's chip

I am very confused as to the story surrounding this chip. Ian got the chip from Rachel who got it from Gideon's company where she works. This was while Ben was missing and has been considered a clandestine operation since it was first introduced early in season 2. The chip helped locate Ben in...
  12. C

Episode 211 "The Outsider" synopsis, production photos, and new information!

I'm not overly concerned as this kind of thing is a TV trope which usually gets undone by episode's end. It happened to Ben this very episode.
  13. C

As far as a movie's concerned I know Deborah Pratt has spoken of saving Sammi Jo Beckett for a movie and that would be far more of an opportunity to bring Sam home. And if Scott were to agree to a new QL appearance as Sam, there's really no good plot for him. Scott either: A) comes home and...
  14. C

Hannah

Hannah may very well have worked on the DARPA project. She was working in NY at the time of the Cairo leap (1961) and she was chair of the Princeton Physics Dept in 1970. Plus she worked with Einstein. That's got to be enough of a resume to get a spot on that team. While Ian was working on...
  15. C

That's very possible. Many of us have experienced a relationship with a co-worker and having work change when that co-worker is gone. It's somewhat similar to Stan Laurel's retirement after Oliver Hardy's death.
  16. C

Episode 211 "The Outsider" synopsis, production photos, and new information!

This episode looked a lot like it was originally designed to undo Tom's wife Kate's death. She had died of cancer which made a simple push her out of the way of the car impossible, but stopping a product from giving thousands cancer is a good way to save a cancer victim. Tom's final...
  17. C

Question: Hope someone can answer (How can Ben leap outside his own lifetime?)

It's unfortunate that current shows lack opening sequences. That time has been applied to story. This version of QL with its additional focus on project personnel needs it. Still Deborah Pratt's voice here is as important as Majel Barrett's was to the Enterprise computers.
  18. C

TV Line: Could Ben (and Sam) Return Home?

Scott is the big unknown here. We don't know the details of his communications with the new show about details of what he was offered, so the optimist in me is still going "there is a chance". As to the poignancy of Sam's fate, yes. Sam continuing to leap and make right what once went wrong...
  19. C

TV Line: Could Ben (and Sam) Return Home?

Could Sam or Ben come home? Sure, anything is possible storywise. I don't think Sam's coming home in this series though. I'm basing this off Deborah Pratt's wanting to turn QL into a franchise. She's mentioned wanting to use Sammy Jo in a movie and that, to me, seems like more of a fitting...