Does She knows?!

isz

Project QL Intern
Jun 4, 2007
Jerusalem,Israel
"The leap Back" Revealed to us that after "Star-Crossed" Donna Elesee merried Sam's and, that she is Sam's wife in the present of the project.
"Trilogy:part 3" revealed to us Sammy-Jo is Sam's Daughter and,that she's working at the project in Al's present.
So i have 2 questions:
1.Do you think Donna knows Sammy-Jo is Sam's Daughter?
2.Do you think Sammy-Jo knows she's Sam Daughter?!

My answer to both of those question(At least 'till "Mirror Image") is NO.
What is yours?!

P.S.
Feel free to explain your opinion,give assumption etc. :)

Well, Al told Sam that Sammy Jo didn't know he was her father. That means she must think her father is Will Kinman.

If Sammy Jo doesn't know then why would anyone else (except Al and Ziggy)?

1. I really don't know what to think about Donna. She may not even be at the project anymore, since we never see her again after The Leap Back. Al knows, so would she know too? That might depend on how Al found out about it. If it was information Ziggy gave only to Al, then Donna wouldn't know. Would Ziggy make that kind of decision? We know that Ziggy tends to blurt things out without considering whether it's appropriate (like, "Tina's having an affair with Gooshie").

It's interesting to think about because Donna is Sammy Jo's stepmother. She could be horrified that she now has to deal with Sam's love child--or she could say, "Now I have a daughter, which I never had before." I mean, it could be interpreted in a wide variety of ways.

2. Al says in the last Trilogy episode that Sammy Jo doesn't know. So I expect that holds true at least until Mirror Image.

Snish said:
It's interesting to think about because Donna is Sammy Jo's stepmother. She could be horrified that she now has to deal with Sam's love child--or she could say, "Now I have a daughter, which I never had before." I mean, it could be interpreted in a wide variety of ways.
*Shameless plug. I explore exactly this issue in my fanfic series - most notably in the last story in the arc which I have just finished writing, and will publish soon if (as I suspect) it is deemed unsuitable for consideration for the leapcon fanfic. I write it as a developing relationship that begins rockily and becomes close when Abigail dies.

Well its directly reviled that that Sammy Jo does not know that Sam is her father. And I would not think that Al would tell Donna because that would make things really complicated for her, and also he would not want to hurt her. Sam did not mean to betray her.
Although based on the fact that Deberah Pratt regretted bringing Donna back a second time I would have to guess that sadly she does not exist anymore after The Leap Back. At least according to Canon, according to my BFF's and my QL world she is there and always waiting and pregnant with Sam's daughter Chelsea(Named for Scott's daughter in real life).

I'd opt to say that since Sammy Jo doesn't know Sam is her father, obviously she couldn't tell Donna, who I believe remains at the Project. We were never given any real circumstance that should lead us to believe that her life had been altered yet again after "The Leap Back," anyway. I believe just Al and Ziggy knew and kept it to themselves. We know Al's always been good with the secrets (he's had to hold secrets back from Sam for basically the entire show's run).

Also, even though Ziggy blurted out that Tina was having an affair with Gooshie, she only mentioned it because she was directly asked a question. And that entire reality became erased anyway, once Al's history was changed in "Mirror Image." I would think Donna may see some similarities between Sam and Sammy Jo like personality traits and her intelligence level, but I'm not quite sure she'd ever put the pieces together. Perhaps she might not even want to know if she ever suspected it. And after all, Sammy Jo is a genius and even she hadn't figured it out.

leaper1 said:
*Shameless plug. I explore exactly this issue in my fanfic series - most notably in the last story in the arc which I have just finished writing, and will publish soon if (as I suspect) it is deemed unsuitable for consideration for the leapcon fanfic. I write it as a developing relationship that begins rockily and becomes close when Abigail dies.

Cool... thats sound interesting, i'd like to have a read of that one.:lol

QLNut said:
I'd opt to say that since Sammy Jo doesn't know Sam is her father, obviously she couldn't tell Donna, who I believe remains at the Project. We were never given any real circumstance that should lead us to believe that her life had been altered yet again after "The Leap Back," anyway. I believe just Al and Ziggy knew and kept it to themselves.

Chris I love yah. You are one of few who wants to believe with me that Donna is still at the project after Leap Back. I also agree that Al and Ziggy would keep it to themselves because it would be too hurtful and Al would not want to do that to his best friend, Sam did not mean to betray his wife he just does not remember he's married or he would have shoved Abigail away in a second. and I mean sexually obviously he would still help her.

Qlnut said:
she only mentioned it because she was directly asked a question.

In fact in one of the novels a Random Measures I think Al's narroation somewhere says something about Ziggy being real stubborn like that and never saying a word until she is directly asked.

And also I was just thinking remember in The Leap Back she intrrupts Sam's lovy dovy moment with Donna to tell him that he found out Al's task and there is a moment of silence and Sam has to go "Well...?" to get her to contiune.

So I definietly agree that Ziggy is definietly a good secret keeper as is Al because he's done a great job of not being happy with some of Sam's romantic actions without blurting Donna out to him. So Both Al and Ziggy would take Sammy Jo's secret to the grave Al because he would not want to hurt Donna he seems very loyal and caring of her.

And as I said before its directly stated that Sammy Jo does not know because Sam asks Al at the end of the last Trilogy.

"Does she know that I am her father?"
"No, and Ziggy says that after this leap you won't either."
"I'll know."