Questions about leaping...

britishbecca

Project QL Intern
Nov 21, 2005
London
Hi.

I'm new here and pretty much the only reason I registered was because I want to ask questions about Quantum Leap.

I used to love the show back in the day. Recently my mom brought me the second season on DVD (not the first, for some reason best known to her) to remind me. It was GREAT to watch it again and remember what a fun show it was (and what BRILLIANT music, by the way, I don't remember that).

But... watching again as a grown up (allegedly) I saw some questions that I never noticed before.

Firstly... Did Sam ever leap to anywhere outside the US? And, if he didn't, why didn't he? I mean, I suppose the reasons are obvious... it's an American show made by Americans... But what I mean is, was there a story reason why the leaps only went as far as the US?

Secondly... Am I seeing things or does Sam have a grey streak in his hair?

I had a bunch of questions when I was watching the DVD but I have forgotten them all in a haze of fond memories...

Thirdly... Has Scott Bakula not AGED? Is he Peter Pan?

britishbecca said:
Hi.

I'm new here and pretty much the only reason I registered was because I want to ask questions about Quantum Leap.

I used to love the show back in the day. Recently my mom brought me the second season on DVD (not the first, for some reason best known to her) to remind me. It was GREAT to watch it again and remember what a fun show it was (and what BRILLIANT music, by the way, I don't remember that).

But... watching again as a grown up (allegedly) I saw some questions that I never noticed before.

Firstly... Did Sam ever leap to anywhere outside the US? And, if he didn't, why didn't he? I mean, I suppose the reasons are obvious... it's an American show made by Americans... But what I mean is, was there a story reason why the leaps only went as far as the US?

Secondly... Am I seeing things or does Sam have a grey streak in his hair?

I had a bunch of questions when I was watching the DVD but I have forgotten them all in a haze of fond memories...

Thirdly... Has Scott Bakula not AGED? Is he Peter Pan?

The reason why he never leaped outside of the US (though i'm not sure about this, like yourself i've only got the DVD and my teenage memory to remind me, so he might have leaped elsewhere for all i know) is because he (almost) always leaps inside his own lifetime (not only in time but also in place).

The grey streak is from the actor on not of the character.

Ah yes... I had forgotten about Vietnam. I don't remember an episode in England but I'm sure you're right! Okay, question retracted...

(do you know I had a friend once who thought who didn't know Vietnam was a country and thought it was just the name of the war?)

Welcome to Al's place Britishbecca.

Great to have another Brit here. I live in Bedford, only about 50 miles north of you! (And my daughter is called Becky, so we already have a lot in common lol)

Hope you will be as happy here as I am, it is absotively posilutely the best QL site in the world.

And as for Sam leaving the USA, didn't part of LHO take him to Russia?

Hi BritishBecca

Welcome to Al's Place. Quite a fun little board to be a member of. I do hope you'll stick around when all your questions are fully answered.

1. Sam has leaped outside of the USA. The English leap was Blood Moon in Season 5. Not one of the better episodes I might add, but that is nothing to do with it being situated in England.... promise! lol

2. Scott got that white streak in his head when he was a child. At first his mother thought it was white paint from when he was painting the fence outside for her. In the middle episode, QL addressed the white streak by Al the Bartender saying it's a sign of him getting older.

3. Scott has aged, but still isn't bad for his age.

Welcome to the board!!
wavey.gif
I'm new here myself, but I've been lurking around here for a while. I hope I can add some further insight into what's being discussed here:

As previously mentioned on this board, Sam did leap outside of the US. Along with the other episodes mentioned here, "The Curse of Pta-Hotep" (I think that's the right way to spell it, although I could be wrong.), from Season 4, took place in Egypt.

It's true that Scott does have the white streak in his hair. In the Series finale, Sam noticed in the mirror for the first time that he had the streak, which has been debated here before if he had gotten it as a result of the Accelerator Chamber when he leaped the first time.

To address the last question, in my own opinion, Scott has aged, but has aged gracefully. No one would even suspect him to be 51, since he looks like he's in his forties.

Hope you enjoy being a part of this board. It's a great place to share information and questions concerning QL.
smile.gif

"I know you. You're eternally good! If it were up to you, you'd save everybody."
-Al to Sam

"A normal day for me is not normal."
-Dale Earnhardt

Daytona3815 said:
To address the last question, in my own opinion, Scott has aged, but has aged gracefully. No one would even suspect him to be 51, since he looks like he's in his forties.

*loud gasp* He's 51?! He looks fabulous! I always saw his birth year, but I never actually bothered to do the math (i suck at math anyway, so I avoid it all costs).

I've always loved that little streak in his hair. Very attractive...in any guy, not just him.

Samantha Beckett

Sam has leapt out of the US 7 times...

He has gone to Egypt (Ptah Hotep), Japan (LHO), Russia (LHO), Vietnam (TLH), A desert island (the first ep of series 5), England (Blood Moon) and one more place I can't think of at the moment.