attachment and extraversion

jassian

Hopeful Maker of Art out of Daydream Dust
Oct 15, 2008
Germany
Hi everyone,
My boyfriend is doing a research paper for his psychology studies and he needs a number of people to fill out a questionnaire. It should be from a variety of different people, and even though we all love Quantum Leap, we have different backgrounds and come from different age groups, so this place would be perfect.

So if you feel like helping out, please copy and paste this and PM it to me. Don’t post it publicly, as it’s somewhat personal. As stated below it will be anonymous, or as close to it as we can get, as we’ll just fill in the responses and delete the message right away.

Admins, please tell me if this is OK by you J

Thaaanks!
:) Jass

Questionnaire extraversion and attachment

For a school assignment, I have created a questionnaire to discover if there is a relationship between the attachment style to significant others and the degree of extraversion, and whether or not gender has any influence on this relationship.

I would very much appreciate you filling out this short questionnaire.

Results will be processed anonymously. Your message will be deleted once the questionnaire has been saved, and the questionnaire will similarly be deleted once the data has been added to a data file. The data file will contain only numbers.

The questionnaire should take no longer than 2-3 minutes to complete.

Many thanks,

Vincent
Psychology student

Part 1:
Sex:
[ ] male
[ ] female

Part 2:
Attachment: choose one of the descriptions that best describes you.
1. I find it easy to make new friends. I feel at ease knowing I can trust then, and they can trust me. I am almost never afraid of being abandoned or of people becoming too close friends.
2. I do not feel entirely at ease when I am close friends with others. I find it hard to completely trust them, and find it hard to be dependent on them. I become nervous when someone wants to be friends with me. It happens often that friends want more from me than I am comfortable with.
3. I believe others are not as close friends with me as I would like. I am worried that my best friend does not like me and wants to end our friendship. I would prefer to do everything together with my best friend. I realise that I sometimes scare others away because of this.

Type of attachment that best describes you, 1, 2, or 3: [ ]

Part 3:
Extraversion: for each of the 9 questions, fill in a number to indicate how much or how little you agree with the statement, varying from completely disagree to completely agree.
Read the questions carefully.

1 Completely disagree
2 Somewhat disagree
3 Neither disagree nor agree
4 Somewhat agree
5 Completely agree

1. I am generally very talkative [ ]

2. I very much like being in the centre of attention [ ]

3. I am always very closed off in social situations [ ]

4. I have a very adventurous nature [ ]

5. I am always very retracted into myself [ ]

6. I prefer to always be cautious [ ]

7. I enjoy having lots of excitement around me [ ]

8. I am always very open toward other people [ ]

9. I usually do not have much to say [ ]

Thank you for your time.

Last edited:
A big thank you to all who replied.:hurray:

If anyone'd still like to, it would be much appreciated, as we are still few answers short to finish the assignment.

Thanks very much again to all participants! This survey is now closed, we have enough reponses to finish the assignment.