Al's Place Quantum Leap Online Community

Al's Place Quantum Leap Online Community (http://quantumleap-alsplace.com/forum/index.php)
-   Quantum Leap: Season Four (http://quantumleap-alsplace.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   401 The Leap Back (http://quantumleap-alsplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1007)

laestrella 04-25-2007 09:49 AM

of course, 2 eps would be best. it has to be examined because, well, we have so much going on here: donna's temperamental i want you home and al's sudden choir boy act. funny. and i think i have some issues. i gotta go to fix a few bye bye.

bluedana 04-27-2007 03:03 PM

I love the conversations between Sam and Ziggy:

Sam: Give me what I want, baby.
Ziggy: Oh, if you weren't my father . .

Ziggy: I don't understand why people would die for love.
Sam: Read Shakespeare's plays.
Ziggy: All right. . .
Sam: Not now! We don't have time!
Ziggy: Done. [pause] I see your point.

Ziggy: I was doing fine until I reached Franklin Delano Roosevelt's death. It depressed me.

I kind of hate Donna, but I can accept that she's necessary for two really important component. One, dramatic tension - will Sam stay or go save Al? and Two, half naked Sam beneath the stars. Yum.

Sam Beckett Fan 04-27-2007 05:17 PM

Oh God I can't believe I forgot to mention that in my review. I totally love that Dana. I especually love
"Mmm great legs Dr."
And I will also have to agree with it too *growl*:heybaby:dreaming

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluedanna
and Two, half naked Sam beneath the stars. Yum.

Oooh agreed one hundred percent. And he wasn't half naked he was all naked except for boxers. YUMOLA!:heybaby:dreaming:dreaming

Snish 04-27-2007 08:45 PM

My personal favorite Ziggy line is, "You're in for a pleasant surprise, Dr. Eleese." ;)

Sam Beckett Fan 04-27-2007 10:43 PM

Haha Yeah since Sam was Al-afied. hehe.

laestrella 04-29-2007 05:21 PM

thank you for that once, al. (sam then rubs his nose and smirks)...we assume the "few times" was with donna.
thank you i've never experienced anything like that sam...al, up to his old antics with sam's choir boy thoughts. hysterical isn't it?

it's even more funny because we know the characters so well we laugh when they switch.

those had to be the most precious statements they ever did say to one another in the whole series.

Sam Beckett Fan 04-29-2007 07:57 PM

Yeah lol and wanna know a fun fact. There is a quote in the book Another Time, Another Place of Dean saying that he was a little Jealous of Scott getting to be the hologram hehe.

laestrella 04-30-2007 11:05 AM

really, cool. i think that scott did have the best lines in that episode, like dean did in mia. the most romantic stuff ever said to date on tv.

Sam Beckett Fan 04-30-2007 12:17 PM

Yeah, I love how Sam was so embarrased by the Al stuff he was saying about Kelly the waitress. He was so cute.

laestrella 05-02-2007 05:26 PM

well, i've got me a dairy farm...oh my god, i'm so sorry, you've got a filthy mind...

sam you dog!

did you have fun? (gooshie)

dammit tell me ziggy something i don't know!
tina's having an affair with gooshie!

(my grandfather explained at the tender age of 11, what sam meant when al was thanked for more than once. he asked if i knew protection and gave me a whole lecture...then smiled as i told him all the stuff his daughter instructed me on...)

(this is the grandfather who passed the very day that ashley mcconnell believes sam started leaping. strange how my grandfather's personality is so much like scott bakula's and also, he used to watch matlock, gung ho, and the other stuff scott was in. he and my grandma also went to see both romance romance on broadway and phantom of the opera.)

Sam Beckett Fan 05-02-2007 08:36 PM

Actually I believe the line is
"Well if butter is all you need I got me a dairy farm...Oh my god I am so sorry that's a horrible thing to say, I don't know why I would say something...yes I do yes I do, this is all your fault!"
"My fault!"
" The leap must have given me part of your lecherous side during the leap...You've got a filthy mind!"

Lol, one of my fav lines and another is
"Revenge is mine thus sayth the hologram, wha wha wha"

laestrella 05-06-2007 06:28 PM

that's was scott's favorite line too if i remember correctly. however, i don't like it. i liked "thanks for that one time." "just one?" my grandfather wasn't too sure if it needed some explaining when i was 11. god, how much scott in real life is like him. their outgoing personality, the family man, the lover...

cookiemom6067 05-25-2007 09:49 PM

I love the idea of Donna, but I've got to tell you, I wish they had hired a better actress. One of the things she does that drives me up the frickin' wall every time I see it -

Sam: "Why did you tell Al not to tell me about us?" (paraphrased)
And she makes this WEIRD WEIRD WEIRD little grimace, like "ooo, I'm in trouble now..." It was an AWFUL choice for a reaction. I think she would have been more serious and more straight up about it. Her voice was also too breathy for my taste.

My FAVORITE interplay is Sam/Ziggy:

Sam: Just give me what I want, baby.
Ziggy: OOOO, if you weren't my FATHER.

Yeah, I'll give you what you want, baby!

The other poor casting/directing choice: Tina, the bimbo. WHY????? SUCH an OBVIOUS stereotype for "Al the Lech"

Honestly, I also love the scene when Suzanne is crying and Al takes pity on her and says, "take a hike, Mr. Morals, Calivicci's taking over." Although I understood Sam's moral imperitives, I thought it was a little cruel for the women involved. For example, for Diane McBride to think her new husband wasn't eager to make love to her. THEY didn't know Sam was a stranger, after all.

Sam Beckett Fan 07-10-2007 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laestrella
that's was scott's favorite line too if i remember correctly. however, i don't like it. i liked "thanks for that one time." "just one?" my grandfather wasn't too sure if it needed some explaining when i was 11. god, how much scott in real life is like him. their outgoing personality, the family man, the lover...

Really, hehe cool YAY SCOTT!
and I believe your line is
"Yeah I guess I owe you one too"
"Just one?
"

and Dana yours is

"Why do humans die for love?"
"Read Shakespear"
"Thank you Dr."
"Not now!"
"Why not with a million giga bites of memory I am quite capable of tapping my head and rubbing my belly and carrying out a carrying out several functions at the same time"
(this one I am sure is not exactly right I haven't seen the ep for a while)
"Because I don't have time to get into a philisophical discussion"
"I've finished reading Shakespear, I see your point."

So sorry but I just can't fight the urge to correct a mis-quoted line. And it feels uncomfortable to do it myself like the one Ziggy line above that I put the comment next to in parenthsis.

Ferther more I am not sure I mentioned this in my first review but I would have loved to see Donna walk Sam up to a mirror to let him see his own reflection and when he smiles say:
"It's been a while since you've seen him huh?"
"Yeah I've missed seeing him"
"We both have" *gives him a kiss*

That would have been so cute :)

Sam Beckett Fan 07-19-2007 02:41 AM

Hehe watching the ep now I love Mike's insult to Clifford.
"You flat footed egg sucking chicken turd!"
:lol

I also love how QL is a show that is really good wit detail because if you look closely they kept the wounds on Sam's temples from the shocks in the previous episode. :)

isz 08-03-2007 05:55 PM

Another one of the best episode in the series. Teri Hatcher was missing from this episode but... i could see a resemblence between Mimi Kuzyk who played Donna and Teri. Very Funny episode and well written and Ziggy...Ziggy was hilarious.

BTW who was suppose to be the female navy soldier that appeared twice (but didn't say anything) during the episode in the control room?!

In any case - I really enjoyed this episode. Too bad,that after TLB we didn't got anymore episodes with Sam and Al switching places. From what i've seen in the episode - it's not such a hard thing to do.

Sam Beckett Fan 08-03-2007 06:19 PM

I think shes just a female Admiral she was also seated next to Al at the hearing in Honeymoon Express

JuliaM 08-03-2007 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Beckett Fan
I think shes just a female Admiral she was also seated next to Al at the hearing in Honeymoon Express

Both of the female officers seen in "Honeymoon Express" and "The Leap Back" are probably aids working on the project but neither of them hold the rank of admiral.

The woman in "Honeymoon Express" has two stripes on her sleeve which would put her rank at lieutenant. It's harder to make out the striping on the female officer in "The Leap Back" but it's definitely three stripes. I can't tell if all three stripes are the same width or if one is thinner. Either way, it would put her rank at either Lt. Commander (if the third stripe is thinner) or Commander (if all three stripes are the same size).

Al's rank is indicated by the shoulderboards on his uniform. Two stars and an anchor is indicative of a Rear Admiral (upper half).

You can see a breakdown of Navy rank here: http://www.navy.mil/navydata/navy_legacy_hr.asp?id=266

Sam Beckett Fan 08-03-2007 09:04 PM

Oh Maybe I was thinking of one of the books because I thought I heard reference to a female Admiral somewhere. Thanx Julia.

In any case though isz, they are just random QL workers.

isz 08-04-2007 06:02 AM

To bad they had only faces,but no names or voices.

Lightning McQueenie 08-19-2007 12:05 AM

OK - the one thing that's bothered me about this debate is the "Al's marriage shouldn't have been fixed." Don't forget that Sam fixed his own marriage and tries to fix his own family in the Leap Home. But he wouldn't do it for Al until he figures out he was supposed to...

If you believe that Sam and Donna should be together (and personally I don't... just because she was supposed to marry someone else before Sam... and I hate the woman who played her in TLB), then surely you should believe Al and Beth should be together.

Lightning McQueenie 08-19-2007 12:14 AM

Oh, and I also don't believe that GFTW would have let Al die anyway. I believe GFTW would have made Al repeat the leap, like in the b**gieman.

Sam Beckett Fan 08-19-2007 12:59 AM

Yes I agree NagginDraggin that Al and Beth's marriage was meant to be saved as Sam and Donna's was. And I am glad that Sam got a second chance to go back and do this special task for his best friend. I also agree that God wouldn't Al die as he didn't let Sam die when he was in grave situations. Last Dance Before an Exicution is a perfect example.

Snish 08-19-2007 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by naggindragon
OK - the one thing that's bothered me about this debate is the "Al's marriage shouldn't have been fixed." Don't forget that Sam fixed his own marriage and tries to fix his own family in the Leap Home. But he wouldn't do it for Al until he figures out he was supposed to...

When Sam refused to try to fix Al's marriage in MIA, it was before the Leap Home. He hadn't tried to save his brother yet. Also, he didn't know that he had succeeded in fixing his marriage to Donna. He was following his own "insider trading" rule. Plus he had one of his famous "gut feelings" that it wasn't the right thing to do. I guess that's supposed to cover it. It does seem unfair when you think about it though. Sam refused to fix Al's marriage, then passed up a chance to shorten his years in Vietnam--while Sam fixed things for himself.

The thing that bothers me is that they waited until literally the very last minute to fix Al's marriage. So we never get to know what Al would be like with one wife and four children. I mean, he would have to be different in some respects, not just the lack of stories about Tina and all his ex-wives. I can't help but think that stories about his kids just wouldn't be as much fun. Al would be... domesticated. And I'm sure we could love that Al too, but we never get to find out how they would have played it. :\

Quote:

Oh, and I also don't believe that GFTW would have let Al die anyway. I believe GFTW would have made Al repeat the leap, like in the b**gieman.
If QL had a continuing storyline, they could have let Al continue to leap for at least one more episode, which could have made for a more natural wrap-up to this story. I can't see GTFW allowing him to die either. The scene where Sam decides he must save the day by leaping into Al seems really contrived to me. It only happens because they have to restore the status quo with Sam as leaper and Al as observer. Come on, the sidekick being hit over the head is the oldest cliche in the Hollywood book. They just didn't have time to play out a more interesting way to resolve the leap or for Sam to save Al's life without leaping in.

Sam Beckett Fan 08-20-2007 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snish
The thing that bothers me is that they waited until literally the very last minute to fix Al's marriage. So we never get to know what Al would be like with one wife and four children.

I agree I would have liked to see life at Project QL with Beth and four daughters now there.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:09 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2000 - 2016 Al's Place Quantum Leap Fan Site | 4.8.15.16.23.42