Bethany (Hada) Missing

Sam's Crow

Project QL Intern
Jun 12, 2008
Liverpool, England
My 16 year old sister, Bethany Gibson (known as Hada on the boards), has disappeared. She left earlier on today saying she was just going for a walk. She took her keys with her (so that should mean she was intending on coming back) and she had no money on her when she left. I know teenagers often stay out really late, later than they're supposed to but Beth's not like that.

My mum and oldest sister have looked everywhere they can think of looking and still haven't found her. We've tried calling up her friends to know if they've any idea where she is.

I hope I'm just over reacting.

My 16 year old sister, Bethany Gibson (known as Hada on the boards), has disappeared. She left earlier on today saying she was just going for a walk. She took her keys with her (so that should mean she was intending on coming back) and she had no money on her when she left. I know teenagers often stay out really late, later than they're supposed to but Beth's not like that.

My mum and oldest sister have looked everywhere they can think of looking and still haven't found her. We've tried calling up her friends to know if they've any idea where she is.

I hope I'm just over reacting.

So what did her friends say? If they're no help, I'm sorry to say this, but call the police. Does she have a boyfriend or something like that? Does she do that often (going out for a walk, especially early, in the morning)? Any issues lately?

She often goes out for walks around the park during the day if she's not busy. She used to have a boyfriend but she ended the relationship a while back.

She often goes out for walks around the park during the day if she's not busy. She used to have a boyfriend but she ended the relationship a while back.

What about the issues? Has she fought with you guys lately? Any misunderstandings with your mother, etc.? I ask all of this not because I'm suggesting that maybe she ran away, but perhaps she just wanted to be out of the house for a while, especially if something like this took place, I don't know. When she said that she was going out for a walk today, was she in a good mood, or did she look distant, etc.? Does she look like she's been hiding anything from you lately? Keep digging deeper (but hurry up, and don't get more paranoid than you have to), and if any of the conclusions don't make sense for you, then call the police. Trust your common sense. Now, she left earlier on today, as you say, and she hasn't even called? What about her friends? Any word from them to this point?

I hope it's nothing serious, but be sharp, and be careful. Try to be in her shoes, if you can. You're a teenager yourself. How far is this park from your house?

if she's gone for a while you shoild let the police know, simply because they can cover a bigger search area. In Europe they usually don't start searching until people are gone for 12 or 24 hourse or so. But then they can at least keep their eyes open in the meantime.

She came home last night around 9:00 PM (which is around five hours later than she normally comes back) safe and sound. Apparently she "lost track of time". When she said that we all felt like punching her. ;)

She came home last night around 9:00 PM (which is around five hours later than she normally comes back) safe and sound. Apparently she "lost track of time". When she said that we all felt like punching her. ;)

Well, that's quite irresponsible and it's nothing to be laughing (or clapping) about, but at least she's back. Oh, the teen years!

She got her GCSE results back yesterday as well. Four As, Seven Bs and and F. None of us cared or were surprised when she got the F because it was in the subject she only chose to fill up a GCSE option. ;)

Not a bad set of grades, and hey, we all have our weak subjects.
I'm glad she's fine. :hairShe gave me a good scare too.

I'm glad that she is back, too. :) When my brother was younger he run away from military. In Germany young men have to stay 10 months in military. He hated it and wanted to run away. It was terrible and we were so happy when he was back one day later.

Wow, it was only reading this thread that I realized I haven't logged into the site for a couple of days.
I'm glad your sister is home safe and sound.
:cheers to her for the good grades. One F is nothing to worry about.