Al's Place Quantum Leap Online Community

Al's Place Quantum Leap Online Community (http://quantumleap-alsplace.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off-Topic Forum (http://quantumleap-alsplace.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Prayers on Wednesday please (http://quantumleap-alsplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3947)

leaper1 08-02-2007 10:17 AM

Prayers on Wednesday please

So I get up full of the joys cos it's our Anniversary and go to make hubby breakfast in bed.
The post is in early, so I collect it on the way to the kitchen.

Day ruined.

A couple of weeks ago I went for a routine breast screening. This morning I get a letter saying I've been recalled for a second one, next Wednesday - 8th August at 9.30am local. Needless to say, I am somewhat anxious about this. It isn't even at our local hospital, but one some distance away.

I would appreciate the positive thoughts and prayers of my good friends here on the morning. Fingers crossed it turns out to be a 'just to make sure' rather than a 'good job we spotted it early'.

Snish 08-02-2007 11:52 AM

Helen, take care. I wish you all the best and I'll be thinking about you. Try to find things to do that will take your mind off it. Waiting for your next appointment may be the worst part.

God bless.

alsplacebartender 08-02-2007 12:16 PM

Prayers on the way from across the pond here!

ziggysego 08-02-2007 02:33 PM

Take care Helen. I shall pray for you.

QL Damsel 08-02-2007 03:46 PM

You got the prayers already Helen. *Hugs*

McDuck 08-02-2007 08:51 PM

Lots of prayers, hon!!! Hoping it's just they need a retake!

Bexter 08-03-2007 09:20 PM

Helen, prayers are being said and all will be fine. Remember 99% of what we worry about never happens. Quick story to give you more confidence. Jackie at my church went for her routine scan a month or so ago, something about the way the technicians were looking at the scan made her get up and look, she's a nurse so knew what she was looking at, a huge black mass!, She said out loud "Oh God! Help me!" and then went a talked to her support network for prayer until her next appointment. (much as you are doing) When they got to the next appointment, they did a scan and there was nothing there, which confused the doctor no end. He went back to look a the stills of the first scan and guess what, they weren't in the envelope, they have vanished and no one can find them. As the Doc from Back to the Future would say "Erased from existence!"

leaper1 08-08-2007 10:45 AM

One Wednesday down...

First of all, thank you all for your prayers and words of comfort and good wishes.

Got there early this morning since the traffic wasn't as bad as expected.
My lovely daughter doesn't have to work Wednesday mornings, and they kindly said that she could be late in this afternoon if need be so she could come and hold my hand.

I got called early.
Whole barrage of x-rays, ultrasound, needle aspiration, more x-rays and 3 core biopsy samples later and I got out around 11am.

They think it is most likely benign - a cyst or similar, but cannot be sure until the biopsy results come through next Wednesday. I should get a phone call between 2.30pm and 4.30pm (local time) on the afternoon of Wednesday 15th August.
At least it won't be the 14th, to spoil my son's 21st birthday if it turned out to be bad news after all.

I'm trying to keep positive thoughts, but the nagging doubt still chips away at me at odd moments.

So I crave your indulgence to keep me in your prayers next Wednesday as well.
I'll post as soon as I know anything.

Thanks again, friends,

SamBeckett94 08-08-2007 12:48 PM

You'll have my prayers next Wednesday, don't you worry! You'll be fine, don't worry about it too much.

Sounds like you had a busy day, though, all those X-rays and what not.
Not really much else I can say, other than what I've already said.

McDuck 08-08-2007 07:31 PM

You've got it. Hope this puts a smile on your face...package went out Monday morning...

asearcher 08-08-2007 09:52 PM

I'm with Bexter

I just saw this, Helen. I'm pulling for ya and saying prayers for you.

Bexter 08-10-2007 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leaper1
So I crave your indulgence to keep me in your prayers next Wednesday as well.
I'll post as soon as I know anything.

Thanks again, friends,

You can count on it!!!!:)

ziggysego 08-13-2007 03:16 PM

I will be thinking of you Helen and the best of luck this Wednesday.

leaper1 08-15-2007 10:40 AM

Just got the all clear!
:hurray::hurray::hurray:

Turns out it was benign after all - phew.

That's it now until next screening in 3 years time.

Thanks again to all those who sent me their prayers and good wishes.
I love you guys.

Sherdran 08-15-2007 12:38 PM

:hurray: :hurray: :hurray: Yay!! ...and thank you Lord, for prayers answered!:hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

Quote:

Originally Posted by leaper1
Just got the all clear!
:hurray::hurray::hurray:

Turns out it was benign after all - phew.

That's it now until next screening in 3 years time.

Thanks again to all those who sent me their prayers and good wishes.
I love you guys.

Eleiece

Snish 08-15-2007 06:03 PM

:hurray: :hurray: :hurray:
So glad to hear this!

Bexter 08-15-2007 08:55 PM

I'm so happy Helen everthing is fine. I woke up thinking of you this morning and couldn't wait to check to find out how you were. Thank the Lord!!!

McDuck 08-16-2007 12:30 AM

So very happy to hear this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

asearcher 08-16-2007 01:03 AM

We Love You TOO!

Helen....

So glad everything is good!:hurray:

QL Damsel 08-16-2007 08:43 AM

Thank goodness. :)

ziggysego 08-17-2007 10:35 AM

I'm delighted for you Helen. :D

alsplacebartender 08-17-2007 09:39 PM

Whew! Great news, Helen. :D

des 08-18-2007 06:43 AM

sorry, I didn't can to prayer to you. I'm reading this notice only now. My english isn't good and so I employ much time to read thread.
I'm pleased for your positive notice :-)

Aussie 08-24-2007 11:59 AM

I've only just seen this thread now and it is good to see you have the all clear. :D I hope you never have to go through a scare like that again.

Please spare a thought for 3 of my co-workers. We have had 3 diagnosed with breast cancer in the last 2-3 months. I just heard about the 3rd one tonight. :cry I hope they will be ok.

leaper1 08-24-2007 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aussie
I've only just seen this thread now and it is good to see you have the all clear. :D I hope you never have to go through a scare like that again.

Please spare a thought for 3 of my co-workers. We have had 3 diagnosed with breast cancer in the last 2-3 months. I just heard about the 3rd one tonight. :cry I hope they will be ok.

Thanks for your good wishes Aussie, and of course my prayers go to your colleagues.