Songs for the Characters...

isz

Project QL Intern
Jun 4, 2007
Jerusalem,Israel
In the past you had an interesting thread in this forum for songs,you thought fits Sam,so i decided to lend this thread idea -widing it and ask you to give names of songs .that in your opinion would fit the people(and computer) of project "Quantum Leap" and some of your favourite Characters we met during the show.
So...
1.Al Calavicci.
2.Ziggy.
3.Gushie.
4.Tina.
5.Donna Elesee.
6.The Character we "met" during the show are up to you to choose.

There are threads in the new Music section where we list songs that fit the charactors. I started the trend when I begun the Sam Theme thread :)

http://www.quantumleap-alsplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2441
^ my Sam thread

http://www.quantumleap-alsplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2463
^ Al's thread

http://www.quantumleap-alsplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2480
^ And last but not least, Donna. :)

There are some real god songs listed for all f them :)
Enjoy.

PS: btw, sorry if I misunderstood your intended idea here but it appeared that this is a repeat of the already done charactor themes idea so I was just trying to help. there is no offense intended.

Although this thread can still be put to great use for other charactor themes that have not been discussed already.

O,K so what about Ziggy,Gushie,Tina etc...

Anyway...Lets try and do it this way - Let say In the begining of "project Quantum Leap" the head of the team(I guess it would be Sam) decided to organize a a karaoke night for forging the "team spirit" in the project,what songs do you think ,each one would have sung in his turn,on the stage...

P.S
If the Forum manager think this Thread belongs to the Music Videos & Themes Forum i wouldn't mind if you'll relocate it.

No harm in having fun with this again, there are a lot of new people to the forum and also poeple may have heard new songs which they think would do nicely. I heard on yesterday that made me think of Al and Beth, espcially cause it had a line in it "left my friends back in the pool room" and as we know from Pool Hall Blues he was mentored in pool, so must be pretty good at it, I can imagine him leaving early to make his way home to Beth. I can imagine Al singing this to beth, maybe not at karaoke but privately.

Here are the lyrics:

When I get home I found you sleeping
I said the words you know are true
And I am stone
Stone cold in love with you

You do not have to turn the light on
Aint had more than just a few
And I am stone
I am stone cold in love with you

You do not have to wonder why now
Look at all the things you have been to me
I will build my whole life on the sweet foundation
You have given, baby you know what I mean

I left my friends back in the poolroom
They will still be drowning out the blues
I am stone

You do not have to wonder why
Look at all the things you have been
My heart lies on the sweet foundation
You have given, baby you know what I mean

I see your face below the window
I see the moonlight coming through
And I am stone
Yes I am stone

Here's a pretty dodgy video, still good though
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etJyd3PGtts

I'll talk about Tina...So as DPB wrote Tina in "The leap back" i would say, that if Tina would got on the stage i can picture her singing - "Girls just want to have Fun".

hey hey hey, girls just wanna have fun is al's girls theme...that they sing with uncle sam and aunt donna's big thanksgiving bash with tom's wife and kids, and also with katie's family with thelma beckett. they mostly in the 80's went out to a nice family restaurant and embarassed the heck out of sam...

1.Al Calavicci...mambo #5 by lou bega (he is married but still he was a lady's man before he was married)
2.Ziggy...(something regal like one of the psalms sam likes, because s/he just seems to be a little off because having both sam and al in him/her she "blew chunks" and "became a looney bin" according to both sam and al)
3.Gushie...fish heads by barnes and barnes(from dr. demento, anyone?)
http://www.stlyrics.com/songs/b/barnesandbarnes10115/fishheads329061.html
4.Tina...that goes without saying...the wizard oz's if i only had a brain...although she is so ditzy she and sam share the nobel prize sam won
5.Donna Elesee...after all, peter cetera and cher's song from "chances are" a duet when sam's drunk
6.The Character we "met" during the show are up to you to choose...beth "unchained melody" need i say more

laestrella said:
1.Al Calavicci...mambo #5 by lou bega (he is married but still he was a lady's man before he was married)

4.Tina...that goes without saying...the wizard oz's if i only had a brain...although she is so ditzy she and sam share the nobel prize sam won

Good Choice for Al,but...there is one problem -
If we'll take the situation i pictured,so this Karaoki night supposed to take place in the early 90' and Mamabo #5 is a song from the late 90'...
What about a song by Barry White for Al?!

About Tina... "If only i had brain"?!why - Maybe Tina were described as a Bimbo in TLB,but...It seems to me Tina job in QLP is helping Gushie with Ziggy so she must have some serious knowledge about computers... isn't she?! So maybe she's a bimbo,but i would say she's a smart bimbo.

isz said:
About Tina... "If only i had brain"?!why - Maybe Tina were described as a Bimbo in TLB,but...It seems to me Tina job in QLP is helping Gushie with Ziggy so she must have some serious knowledge about computers... isn't she?! So maybe she's a bimbo,but i would say she's a smart bimbo.

Yeah Tina is a ditz but she can't possibly be stupid to be on such a complicated project. And I know this is not canon but in one of the novels it said that she has the second highest IQ there next to Sam.

So whoever made the If Only I Had a Brain about her, thats a cruel thing to say. Even if she were all ditz and little smarts to say that someone needs to get a brain is cruel.

Last edited:
i said because it's a good inside joke for all for her to sing if i only had a brain...
doesn't anyone believe that?

i always believed that she and sam shared the nobel prize for computers and neurology. tina's song should be i'll be there for you by the rembrandts, aka the friends television theme; although the song came out in 1995. or she was, as well as beeks, through it all.

just a gigilo by david lee roth for al? or "i feel good" by james brown

fish heads still by barnes and barnes because fish always gives a rauncy smell if you don't brush your teeth.

this is fun!

Here's one Sam can sing as he's building Project Quantum Leap--"I've Got My Mind Set on You" by George Harrison. The line about "a whole lotta spending money" cracks me up.

I got my mind set on you
I got my mind set on you
I got my mind set on you
I got my mind set on you

But its gonna take money
A whole lotta spending money
Its gonna take plenty of money
To do it right child

Its gonna take time
A whole lot of precious time
Its gonna take patience and time,
To do it, to do it, to do it, to do it, to do it,
To do it right child

I got my mind set on you
I got my mind set on you
I got my mind set on you
I got my mind set on you

And this time I know its for real
The feelings that I feel
I know if I put my mind to it
I know that I really can do it

I got my mind set on you
Set on you
I got my mind set on you
Set on you

I heard this song on the radio the other day.
Generally, I find it a little irritating, but now you've made this connection for me, I'll love it! You're right, it fits so well.

It's a fun tune, but it is pretty repetitive. (I only posted half the lyrics--the whole thing repeats again.) I heard it on the radio just yesterday. As soon as he got to the lines about money... and then time... I knew I had to post it. Plus, George Harrison is a tenor. It's right in Scott's range.

I've got a good Ziggy song.

Technologic by Daft Punk. You can listen to it here, although I'll warn you beforehand that it may not be a style many on this forum are accustomed to hearing. The lyrics - as a Ziggy character theme - make sense to me, however.

Oh, and try to ignore the evil looking robot-doll-thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fx5Jlap6uZY

There's also a good song I found for Al and Beth by an independant band called Dust. The song is called "Never Let Me Go". You can actually listen to the whole song on their MySpace page ::here::

The lyrics start with "1967, many years ago . . ." and then it just goes on into what I think is the perfect contemporary Al and Beth song.

More later!

I finally thought of one for Al. Pre-Mirror Image only: that Stephen Stills classic, "Love the One You're With."

If you can't be with the one you love,
Honey, love the one you're with.

I found one for Sam.
Yikes.

"Time," by Hootie and the Blowfish

Time, why you punish me?
Like a wave bashing into the shore
You wash away my dreams.
Time, why you walk away?
Like a friend with somewhere to go
You left me crying
Can you teach me about tomorrow