Hello from Germany

Imagine

Project QL Intern
Mar 31, 2009
Germany
Hello from Germany!

I discovered this page some days ago. I'm a fan of quantum leap since it was on TV in Germany in 1991 when I was 16 years old. I just saw the whole episodes (german version) again and I still love it so much, especially sam. :dreaming The next time I will get me some episodes in the original version.

I hope my english is good enough, so you all can understand me. It's my school-english and it's a long time ago that I needed it. ;)

I'm happy that I found here some other quantum leap-fans because I have no one who really knows it or likes it here except my brother.

Have a nice day!

Guten Morgen (wenigstens in Amerikanische Zeit)

If it makes you feel better, I'm trying to learn German, but I think you've managed to learn the other's language better than I've been managing. Welcome to the forum, and I'm sure you'll enjoy it here.

Hello from Germany!

I discovered this page some days ago. I'm a fan of quantum leap since it was on TV in Germany in 1991 when I was 16 years old. I just saw the whole episodes (german version) again and I still love it so much, especially sam. :dreaming The next time I will get me some episodes in the original version.

I hope my english is good enough, so you all can understand me. It's my school-english and it's a long time ago that I needed it. ;)

I'm happy that I found here some other quantum leap-fans because I have no one who really knows it or likes it here except my brother.

Have a nice day!

Willkomen - did I get that right? I've never studied German.
Greetings from the resident :wacko Brit.

Your English is very good.

I hope you enjoy it here, they are a great bunch, and we all love Quantum Leap, so we're happy to talk about it for hours!

Thank you for your welcoming!

@Ohboy: I already read that you are learning german. I think it is not easy to learn. If you have any questions, ask me. I like english and it's a pity that I can use it so little. So I'm happy that I can use it here.

@leaper1: Nearly right ;) It's Willkommen. Thank you, I'll do my best to do it all right.

I haven't seen QL in the last years. I rediscovered it in december last year and I'm fascinated like I was the first time I've seen it. It's great to spend it with other fans. :hurray:

Welcome! :)

Grüß Dich! I'm originally from Germany but haven't been back there in a long time.
How are things in good old Deutschland ?

@Ohboy: I already read that you are learning german. I think it is not easy to learn. If you have any questions, ask me. I like english and it's a pity that I can use it so little. So I'm happy that I can use it here.

Vielen Dank! Sie können auch mich über Englisch fragen, wann brauchen Sie etwas Hilfe.

I know that it's hard to learn a foreign language, especially since German is my second attempt (I tried to learn Spanish in High School, but I forgot all but a few random words and phrases). I hope I said that right in German, or at least you understood me. :help

Oh, and if the moderators don't like me using foreign languages, or would like me to translate it (at least translate what I hope I said :lol), then just tell me. I don't want to unknowingly break any rules here.

Hi all! And thanks again for welcoming me!

@Jassian: You were born in Germany? Why/when did you leave it (If I may ask that)? It's alright in good old germany. ;) We just enjoy the first warm days with much sun here.

@Ohboy: May I translate what you wrote, sure I did understand it: You could ask me something about english when you need help - Sie können mich auch zu Englisch fragen, wenn Sie Hilfe brauchen. ;) I think german is very hard to learn, some things even for germans, too.

I think most of you will just get up now, here it's 3 pm and we'll have some cake and coffee now. Have a nice day!

Welcome aboard. As you know all of us here love quantum leap and I think it is awesome that other people from all over the world enjoy it and support it still. As many people say here we are all a bunch of great folks and just love talking about Quantum Leap so we welcome you with open arms.

Welcome aboard. As you know all of us here love quantum leap and I think it is awesome that other people from all over the world enjoy it and support it still. As many people say here we are all a bunch of great folks and just love talking about Quantum Leap so we welcome you with open arms.

Thank you very much! :D

You're right, it's awesome to know some people who love quantum leap as much as I do from all over the world. It's really a nice place! :hurray:

I have a question - where did you get your user-pictures with pictures/scenes from quantum leap? Can I somewhere find such a picture that I'm aloud to use here?

@Jassian: You were born in Germany? Why/when did you leave it (If I may ask that)? It's alright in good old germany. ;) We just enjoy the first warm days with much sun here.

Well, there were a lot of things that didn't agree with me in Germany, starting with the weather ;) , I haven't seen all of it (I'm from Munich) but also the mentality was very overly serious, stressed and somewhat egocentric. I can't really translate it, but Ellenbogengesellschaft may mean something to you. Very many people seem quite depressed and frustrated. Throughout Europe really. I'd love to come back and visit and sight see, but I don't think I'd want to live and work in Germany anymore. I do miss my friends though.

I love spacious living, (more) relaxed people, very warm weather and Australia has so many beautiful places to offer that I wanted to come and study and, it turned out, eventually live here. The States are beautiful too and I've heard great things of Canada, but Australia has me hooked now. i've also always loved the English language (dubbed movies annoyed me to no end :nut :D ). So this is perfect.

Although I originally moved to Holland first with my boyfriend and stood there for about 6 year before we left good old Europe. So I left Germany in 2000.

I have a question - where did you get your user-pictures with pictures/scenes from quantum leap? Can I somewhere find such a picture that I'm aloud to use here?

well, technically you're not allowed to use any due to copyright. Practically, you can get away with it because you don't really do them any damage and you sort of fall under the "fair use policy". But it's tricky they could pester you about it if they wanted to. But I guess they're reasonable enough not to. At least so far.

What about the weather? Yesterday we had 26 degree and sunshine. ;) I think you're laughing about that. Yes, the weather could be better, even because I like warm weather and sunshine.

I know what you mean with Ellbogengesellschaft. You're right. I often think why some people couldn't just be friendly. I often see people who only think about their own behalf. I can't say if it's more relaxed in other countries. I'm a week in the year at longest away from home. :) I've never been in Australia or the USA. Perhaps one day... But I'm trying to be relaxed an friendly to everyone. (Perhaps I love Sam so much because of his kindness and his good heart :D )

Thanks for the information about the user-picture.

Last edited:
:) obviously you'd get all kinds of people everywhere. I've met awesome people in Germany and I miss them dearly. I stay in touch though. And there are tense stressed, selfish annyoing people all over the world too.

Sam's definitely a cool caracter. the world should be full of Sam-like people! :)

I definitely recommend traveling, it also fun to notice what things you take for granted in your own culture that are purely cultural and totally different elsewhere. :D

Right, that's two words. ;)

Yesterday on TV there was "American beauty". I never realized that Scott plays a part in this film. I read about it and so I had to see this film. You can see Scott only three minutes or so but that's worth it. :)

Scott plays one of the two gay neighbours who go jogging.
Yep, he pops up quite a few times in that one.

Ohboy, I'm proud of you :hurray:, good spelling.
Ang: He's already writing essays too and using past tense. Pretty impressive for a first year . 8):D

I'm just reading what you wrote. I wasn't here the last two days.

Leaper1 answered your question about American beauty, angvav. Thanks for that. And thanks to Oh boy for explainig the two words to angvav. :D

It's funny, now that I rediscovered QL and Scott he's everywhere. :eek Next wednesday they'll start to show some episodes of Star Trek Enterprise on TV. I've never seen that before, but I'll watch it now.

Have a nice weekend! :wavey

I'll write it in this thread...

We have problems with our internet at home, so I can only drop in here from office and read or write a little bit. I haven't so much time during working.

I just want to say Hello to you all and hope that I can soon spend more time here. :wavey