When did Al wear a bolo tie?

Talking with E, and it seems that he has a bolo tie on in All American for sure. Eleiece has a beautiful picture of it! :)

The credit goes to E... who has the book. :)

But, she's still looking for more episodes. She found another one! They all said woohoo!

He's in the university with Sam as Arnold Watkins in Return of Evil Leaper.

There ya go, Helen!

Last edited:
I have to admit, I'm dying of curiosity to know what inspired this.

Gotta love QL research - it really takes you interesting places.

Where?

Where in All American? I've scanned the Episode...can't find a bolo!

Where can I find the picture?

Last edited:
All American Bolo

Actually, when I watched the episode, I saw the tie that is in this picture. It was just a very thin tie, not a bolo. In several shots you can see how it's tied at the top.

Al wears about 3-4 ties in this episode. One of them has got to be the most butt ugly one I ever saw Al wear. It was a blue striped one and he had it on a blue floral shirt but the tie and shirts did NOT go together AT ALL! Normally, Al looks more fashionable then that. All I can say is he must have gotten dressed a hurry in the dark.

Last edited:
asearcher said:
...and I KNOW someone on this group will know the answer. (Probably multiple people will know the answer...we're sorta scary that way....)

Anyways...Which Episode(s) did Al wear a bolo tie?

I checked the T.E.A. episode here on the site, and in the one for "Freedom" was part of the description of Al's outfit:

1) White shirt w/Burnt Orange print & bolo tie, White hat w/black band, long Brown coat, Burnt Orange pants, and Brown shoes and White socks.

ALSO,

In the T.E.A. episode review for "Rebel Without A Clue" (done by Joy Helvie), listed in the description of Al's outfit is black bolo tie.

Eleiece

Last edited:
Re Bolo Tie

I'm not saying you didn't have something that told you it was a bolo...what I'm saying is that the tie in question is not a bolo tie. I watched the episode All Americans and paused the DVD at EVERY SPOT that Al was in. I noted HOW this tie was tied at the top. It is not a bolo, rather a very thin black tie. Someone may have thought it was a bolo and thus listed it as such. I'm basing this on watching the episode.

As to Freedom and Rebel without a Clue...I'll have to watch those again and see if I can find where there is a bolo tie.

asearcher said:
Actually, when I watched the episode, I saw the tie that is in this picture. It was just a very thin tie, not a bolo. In several shots you can see how it's tied at the top.

Al wears about 3-4 ties in this episode. One of them has got to be the most butt ugly one I ever saw Al wear. It was a blue striped on and he had it on a blue floral shirt but the tie and shirts did NOT go together AT ALL! Normally, Al looks more fashionable then that. All I can say is he must have gotten dressed a hurry in the dark.

I think he wears the same really thin black tie towards the end of "The Last Gunfighter" too. It is definitely a tie in that ep, as you get a full frontal shot (if you'll pardon the allusion!) and you can see the knot clearly.

I do understand that you questioned the lot of us to find the answer for which you are searching. Most of the answers have come from people who have also watched the episodes in detail in order to create the TEA Episodes that Brian put up on the site. However, you have debunked all of them.

I do understand that you want to find the answer to the question that you seek. I hope that you find it. :)

MJ

I'm not saying that I'm "DEBUNKING ALL." Someone obviously thought that the tie in All Americans was a bolo. I'm not questioning that. But sometimes what someone thinks and what something is are two different things. I've been incorrect myself (I'm certainly not perfect...although I do strive to assure that what I say is correct) but I've appreciated it when someone has let me know when I have been wrong so I can correct it.

From a completely different situation...that I think is much more important... I've been doing geneological research. There was a situation I came across about an Elizabeth Barringer and who she was married to. Add to the fact that there was another Elizabeth Barringer at the same time and place that was a cousin of the first one. Someone had confused their spouses and had posted it as absolute fact. I had a letter written about 100 years ago that indicated what this person had found was incorrect. When I presented my findings to the poster, they insisted that NO...they'd had a genological expert put this gedcom together and they were ABSOLUTELY SURE that it was correct. Five more years of extensive digging in the archives ultimately showed that the letter was right and the expert was wrong.

Do I think that the expert or the poster meant to make that mistake? Absolutely not. It was a mistake. We make them in life. They believed they were right and thus they posted the information as they saw it. It doesn't mean that is was correct. And in that case, a lot of people are confused about their family lines, going in directions that will lead them nowhere because of it. In my opinion, this situation is much more important then what someone was wearing in an episode of a show.

I believe that there are similarities of the current question to that story though. That is, someone saw the thin tie and believed it to be a bolo so that's what they put in the posting. I'm certainly not upset about it, I'm just trying to set the concept back on the right path.

I also want to that Eliece, Julia, MJ, and Helen of Bedford for the information they found. It is nice to know that when a question comes about that the people on this site are kind and will help out a fellow leaper. Thank you all!

Last edited:
Helen G. asked the question concerning the bolo tie for a story she and I are working on together. So, through Helen, I was asking the question too.

Having looked at the picture from All-Americans, I have to agree with Helen that it isn't a bolo tie - sorry, MJ and Eleiece. I see that Eleiece was the one that did the entry in the TEA and we all appreciate all the hard work that she did with the entry. It's great that so many people worked on those entries to help others with finding out the little details of an episode. So, Eleiece mistakened a thin black tie for a bolo tie. That doesn't debunk all the hard work that she did or all the hard work that all the other "foster parents" have done with the episodes. If you are going to say that Helen "debunked" the TEA, you might as well say that I have too! We are all human and we all make mistakes. Helen and I will be the first to admit when we have made a mistake.

Besides, it's just a piece of clothing from a television show. :D

Thank you, MJ, Eleiece, Julia, and Helen B. for helping us with our story - I really really appreciate all the input that you have provided. I a big thank you to Julia for the pic posts of Al in a bolo tie.

Kat

It's an easy enough mistake to make if you're not looking too carefully; I would've thought it was a bolo tie, too.

You're welcome Helen and Kat. I'm still not home (doing hit and run on my sister's computer) but I can get you links to pics from the first three seasons when I get home. The only one I can't help with is the 5th season since those DVD's aren't out (which means no screencaps). Give me a couple of weeks after Tuesday an I can.

Well, I'm glad that Julia was able to help out with the information that you needed Kat and Helen.

I'll be emailing you two soon on the information that you wanted to know about the season. I'm not so sure on a few things.

He also seems to have worn bolos in about half of the season five episodes! Sorry I can't name specific episodes; they all seem to be running together at the moment. Too much QL in too short a span of time.

asearcher, I paused the episode to come online and tell you this. Al is wearing a bolo tie with a triangle piece (I don't know what it's called), along with a delicious coral blazer with lapel cutouts (which I would totally buy in a skirt suit to wear to church!) in Deliver Us From Evil. It's in the scene where Sam is moving heavy boxes.

By the way, I'm working my way through Season 5, and found where your screen name comes from!

My Online Name

We have found a bolo to fit the story we're and are now good with what we needed. THANK YOU ALL for your help!!!!!!! Hopefully, you'll enjoy the story where this is a piece of information is a small part of the whole.

Bluedana:

I'd like to say that QL was where my online name came from (and I find it really COOOOLLLLL that the QL episode "Nowhere to Run" supports it so well) but really, the name came from who I am as a person and not from any part of QL. When I started going into virtual space back in the mid-nineties, I needed am online name. I thought long and hard but was not thinking of QL at all. Originally, Seeker was the name I was going to chose but there were too many Seeker's out there. So I thought a bit more and decided on asearcher. I have truly been "a searcher and seeker of truth" for many years, preceeding QL by decades. However. I was an original leaper and perhaps season 5 (which I would have watched in 92-93) may have unconsciously played a role in the choice of that name.
Being like Sam in one more way is something to strive for.:hurray: