Question about sleeping

michas-engel

Project QL Intern
Oct 22, 2007
near Bremen, Germany
Hello all,
at first I will say sorry about my terrible english. I come from Germany and the last day if I had english in school is 12 years ago, so I hope you show understanding about this.:D
It could be that I will to arive to the convention in 2009, if I can save enouth money. But I read, that the Romm in the Hotel cost between 125 and 150 dollar. My question is, is there another way to sleep or is there a way to part the room?

Yvonne

Your English is just fine, Yvonne - I can't speak a word of German, so you're ahead of me!

To answer your question, you can look for cheaper rooms in the area near our chosen hotel. You can also advertise on this board for a room-mate to share the costs with you.

Thank you Emma for these information.
Does anybody know the name from the hotel, where the convention is? If I know this, I can show for an cheaper hotel, now. Because I must know, how much money I must save to fly.
At the infos to the convention, I read that a hotel-room in this hotel cost 125 - 150 dollar. Is this right?

Yvonne

Emma, but the price is about the room, and I think there a 2 beds in a room. So I think I can sharing the room with another peaple who will come to the convention. Maybe when it´s time, I will make an enquiry here.

EmmaCMF said:
Yvonne, we are in the final stages of negotiating our contract with our chosen hotel, so we can't give any details, but yes, the cost will be around $150.
Approximately $150 per night, or for the weekend?

EmmaCMF said:
The approximate cost given is per night.

Okay, just squeeze as many people as possible into the room. I was at a convention in Canada last June, we fit six people in there. Two on the double bed, two on the fold-out, one on the floor, one in the closet...;) Of course there was very little sleeping to begin with.

what do you all think the maximum number of people you could have in a room without the hotel minding?

with hoilday inn's they only allow a max of 4 people in a room and charge extra for the 3rd and 4th person

i've booked a room and it has a sofa bed/rollaway bed in it if you still need to share a room with someone,

Keep in mind that for our hotel-only event(s) your name must be registered with the hotel. We'll get a roster from the Beverly Garland. If you are planning on staying in a room but not being listed (which could lead to issues with the hotel, just so you know) you will not be admitted to the special event(s) such as Thursday evening registration or a special VIP event perhaps.

I have book a room in my name but i am sharing with 3 others. The hotel didn't ask for the names of the other people. Does this mean i need to ring them and tell them the names of the other people?

alsplacebartender said:
Keep in mind that for our hotel-only event(s) your name must be registered with the hotel. We'll get a roster from the Beverly Garland. If you are planning on staying in a room but not being listed (which could lead to issues with the hotel, just so you know) you will not be admitted to the special event(s) such as Thursday evening registration or a special VIP event perhaps.

sparkyclarkie said:
I have book a room in my name but i am sharing with 3 others. The hotel didn't ask for the names of the other people. Does this mean i need to ring them and tell them the names of the other people?

Did you tell them you were sharing? Usually they ask how many people will be in the room. If the people sharing your room want to have free admission to a hotel-only event and register early on Thursday evening, then yes you would need to have them on the hotel roster.