Which episodes leave you crying?

Mrs Calavicci

Project QL Intern
Apr 26, 2006
In England
This thread is for all us softies that cry at episodes of our favorite show!!:cry ;)

Mine are

MIA
Eight and a half months
Trilogy
Shock Treatment
The leap home 1 and 2
Mirror Image

There are a few more but those are the ones that I cry at every time I see them!
So is anyone as soppy as me?

There are several that make me cry for different reasons, so you are far from alone.

The one that always stands out for me though is perhaps not one others would think of.

The first time I saw "Single Drop of Rain" Sam's prayer in the field had me weeping. The really incredible thing being that I was watching it dubbed in German, a language I neither speak nor understand beyond a few odd words.
Yet Scott's superlative acting, and the emotive music, and the whole atmosphere of the scene were enough to move me to tears, and let me work out fairly accurately, as it turned out, exactly what was going on.

Now THAT is skillful screenplay! At least in my book.

Mirror Image is the big one; those last words left me emotionally traumatized for a long time, and I'm still worried about how I'm going to handle it when I finally get the episode on DVD and watch it again...

Okay, I haven't actually CRIED....but come close on
M.I.A.
The Leap Home II
Mirror Image
Freedom

Mirror image even now gets me bawling my eyes out! I felt myself willing Sam to be able to go home, but I sort of knew that he wasn't going to :(

Oh Boy!

For me its MIA, Shock Treatment and goodnight dear heart.

I don't cry much when I see things on t.v. but these are a few of the ones that get to me. I know there are others but, I just watched these this last week and found my self need the cleanx box. :\

The only one that can really m ove me to tears - no matter what - is "The Leap Home pt. 1". Like Al, I would too would give anything for the gift that Sam was given - just to spend one more day, one more Thanksgiving with my mother.

I just caught the last 2 parts of the Trilogy episode the other day. By the end of the third I really got teary-eyed because I was thinking about that being the beginning of Sammy Jo and about how far she has come into the Virtual Seasons. I don't cry as much as I used to at Mirror Image seeing that that wasn't really the final episode! ;) Final ep on TV, yes. You know she's married now. To whom, though, I can't tell you. If you wanna know PM me. Otherwise you'll have to read it in TVS. This brings me to wonder how the TV continuation will write her life.

Steve
RossBeckett

Al dancing with Beth in MIA always makes me sniffly, it reminds me a bit of the film Ghost as well, which I defy anyone to sit through that and remain dry-eyed.

That would be me. I've never once shed a tear or even thought about it while watching Ghost. Generally it's not the romantic stuff that can leave me teary which is probably why MIA has no affect one me - well, that and it's one of my least-liked episodes.

Becky said:
Al dancing with Beth in MIA always makes me sniffly, it reminds me a bit of the film Ghost as well, which I defy anyone to sit through that and remain dry-eyed.

I did. I'm notoriously difficult to move to tears. Ghost didn't manage that feat.

Last edited:
jmoniz said:
That would be me. I've never once shed a tear or even thought about it while watching Ghost. Generally it's not the romantic stuff that can leave me teary which is probably why MIA has no affect one me - well, that and it's one of my least-liked episodes.

Jen clutches her chest and falls to the ground.

How can you not like MIA? ;)

Oh well, to each her own. I personally despise Trilogy, so I can't talk. :)

It's hard to make me cry, but I will admit that I did actually shed a tear during "Jimmy." The scene where Al's telling Sam about Trudy, when his voice suddenly cracks and you can hear his anguish really got to me; I think it was the thought of how losing my own siblings would affect me that did it.

don't worry 'nut!

risk_nut said:
MIA was the big one so far for me. Leap Home Part 2 and Jimmy were not far behind.
Opps are men suppose to say they well-up?

i should clarify that my beloved grandpa & i cried (i still do) used to cry over EVERYTHING! we're nuts...huh? i cried at the end of shrek 1 b/c he got the girl, mia, wrong stuff b/c well i love chimps, pilot b/c he forgot al, etc.

MIRROR IMAGE cos its the last one.... :disbelief and Sam telling beth Als still alive really cracks me up, and MIA, because HOW CAN ANYONE WATCH THAT EP WITHOUT CRYING? It's a physical impossibility...

Hmm..
M.I.A. definitely, The Leap Home part II (when we find out he could have saved Al) and Mirror Image, but only because he fixes things for Al.

I think it was because we're presented with Al in a particular light and these reveal so much more about him.

Don't like The Leap Back - it ruined the series for me and made Trilogy uncomfortable. Knowing Sam was married just made him obsessing over another woman and having a child seem really wrong. Instead, they should have made the outcome of Star-Crossed Donna marrying her first love and not Sam.

Rowan said:
Don't like The Leap Back - it ruined the series for me and made Trilogy uncomfortable. Knowing Sam was married just made him obsessing over another woman and having a child seem really wrong. Instead, they should have made the outcome of Star-Crossed Donna marrying her first love and not Sam.

I just pretend that sometimes, Donna isn't there due to shifting timelines. It's much easier to watch Trilogy if you think that Donna's with the first guy due to some change Sam made.

LadyKayoss: That's great you can think of Donna not being there. That's the main reason I balled & still do ball my eyes out. What about Donna? I always believed that Sammy Jo had a mentor named Donna Elesee who introduced her to a certain man named Sam Beckett who spoke at her college graduation, after receiving a seventh (honorary, not an earned) degree. It was MIT about say 1984. This is so we can keep the timeline Sam remembers from Star Crossed. However, my theory about this is debunked when realizing Sammy Jo would be only 16, presumably the time that she was graduating from high school and taking some college courses. I always did believe that is now Sam & Donna get Sammy Jo on the project. Or perhaps SJ met Beth because her stepfather was in the Navy like Al and Abi and Beth bonded. Okay, enough is enough. I got other ideas but I wish I could put more of them into a cohesive whole to make a good fan fic that is not hated by the rest of us Leapers.

Well, it takes a lot to make me cry, generally, but there are two pretty obscure scenes that do it for me. The first is in "Thou Shalt Not..." (an episode I know not everybody likes), where Sam is a rabbi. The scene begins with the mom of the family making up the guest room for Sam, and we find out it was her college aged son's room. The son died in a plane crash on his way to Europe on a backpacking trip a year before. The mother is wracked with guilt because she had convinced her husband to let the son go on the trip, and the father is totally angry at her and everybody else. Between the two of them, they are completely ignoring their 13 year old daughter, who has concluded that her parents hate her for not being her brother. Oy. Anyway, when the mom admits how guilty she feels, sensitive Sam says, "Danny loved you." And the mom says, Did he love me as he was dying? Did he love me when his plane was crashing?

And I just lose it right there.

The second is in "Deliver Us From Evil," when Frank walks in on Sam and Alia (Alia having set Sam up), and he begins screaming and slapping Sam, who is cowering in a corner. What gets me about this scene is (1) the hurt puppy look on Sam's face, (2) the fact that we know the "real" Jimmy is such a sweetheart (see "Shock Theatre"), and (3) the memory of how much Frank loves Jimmy from the first "Jimmy" episode. *Tears.*

it doesnt take much to make me cry. I cried in quite a lot of them but the main ones are MIA, Shock theatre, jimmy, mirror image, and of the leap home part 1 & 2. but i cried the most in MIA.

Hello guys, first post here. While I've been reading for a while, I finally decided to go ahead and make an account for this thread.

I was actually thinking about this the other day after watching (I think on Sci-Fi) A Leap Between the States and Mirror Image.
Many of the episodes really leave me feeling pretty good about things, but these two inparticular kinda get to me, and really for some of the same reasons.

The opening scene in Leap Between the States, Sam has leapt into the middle of the battle, and pretty much a living hell. Just something about the way he calls out to Al. I just always felt this wasn't just for a guide out of the line of fire, but looking for help from the friend who he counted most on.

In Mirror Image, where Sam is telling Al about all the things he had seen, and what he thought was happening, etc....The look on Al's face and his concern for Sam, who he thought was about to crack. And his promise to get Sam out of there, whatever it took. And finally the wrong Sam felt he had to put right.

I actually have a friend who I've known just about all my life. Growing up, he was always the women chaser, while I was the one giving the strange looks to him, wearing my heart on my sleeve, yet he was always my guide through tough times when I needed advice, or just a friend to listen. I guess the whole series has personal meaning to me largely for that reason.

While most of the episodes have some great moments that I really love and I think are heart felt, I guess those two episodes however, hold a few of the many great ones.

The Leap Home, where he says his goodbye to his dad before making the shot....priceless.

:cheers

Last edited:
I 2nd that.

Enterprise said:
MIRROR IMAGE cos its the last one.... :disbelief and Sam telling beth Als still alive really cracks me up, and MIA, because HOW CAN ANYONE WATCH THAT EP WITHOUT CRYING? It's a physical impossibility...

I both hate and love Mirror Image, because of that last seen where Beth is danceing alone and here comes Sam like an angel of hope, :angel with tears in his eyes, saying that instead of starting with 'once apone a time,' Lets start with a happy ending. "Al is still alive and he is coming home." Oh man, gets me everytime. I cried the first time I saw it and I was just a little girl.:baby