View Single Post
Old 09-05-2013, 04:10 PM   #23
Sam Beckett Fan
Senior Leaper

Though the age of the actor does not necessarily determine the age of the character, Bruce Michael Paine who portrayed the reflection was 44 at the time of this episode's airing in 1991. A fun fact, he was also a musician in real life, twice a rock band lead vocal even. He's now deceased, he passed away in 2009. I looked up up on IMDB.

This age casting suggests that Tonic was intended to be in his late 40's or early 50's, putting my estimate off by at least 5 years and as much as 10. This could explain at least some why Flash who is clearly younger often acted like he was the leader of the group. He didn't seem the type who had a lot of respect for his elders and perhaps to Flash Tonic had been known to do some fuddy duddy leading.

Watching the episode now, I just noticed something. In his hotel room right before the fan girls show up, Sam is watching footage from a King Thunder concert on the television. Look closely, that footage is from a later scene in the episode, the 'Rock The Red Heads' performance. There is a shot of Scott's arm jamming on the guitar and the band member who's wig was stolen can be seen for a split second shot in the replacement wig.

-=-=-=-=-
Icon made by the lovely Ladystoneheart with the beautiful screen captures of StrayStar.
Signature made by me.
My QL screen capture collection: http://s1366.photobucket.com/user/Sa...?sort=3&page=1

Last edited by Sam Beckett Fan; 09-05-2013 at 04:44 PM.
Sam Beckett Fan is offline   Reply With Quote