Is it possible to change the date?

ris768

Project QL Intern
Sep 6, 2006
Sydney, Australia
Hi,

I am so excited about the 2009 Convention.:hurray: I would love to come to California to attend but being a school teacher in Australia I can't get holidays at that time.:banghead Is it possible to have the convention during the Easter holidays ie any time between 10 April 2009 and 24 April 2009.
:bow

Cheers, Ris.

ris768 said:
Hi,

I am so excited about the 2009 Convention.:hurray: I would love to come to California to attend but being a school teacher in Australia I can't get holidays at that time.:banghead Is it possible to have the convention during the Easter holidays ie any time between 10 April 2009 and 24 April 2009.
:bow

Cheers, Ris.

Our dates are not set in stone yet. We are still looking for an appropriate venue and trying to arrange specific dates. However, here in the states teachers can take vacation at anytime as long as they give a good notice and provide a substitute teacher. Maybe something can be worked out?

Also, we wouldn't want to hold a convention during a holiday week since everyone is usually with their families at that time.

my preference would be in June please, just for consiteration purposes. Although after calculating that March 27-29 in 2009 falls on a weekend that's actually very comforting, we may be able to manage that just barely, but June would still be more preferable.

Last edited:
The con will definitely be on a weekend (Friday-Sunday).

We do feel badly that dates in March won't work out for some of the fans, but the actual 20th anniversary is in March (the 26th), so that's the time period we're working with. I think it's true that no matter what weekend, or what month, we picked, it wouldn't work out for someone. Beyond that - March is a great time to visit L.A.! The weather is generally very mild, and the winter rains (if there have even been any) are generally over with.

Hope you can work things out so that you can join us, Sam Beckett Fan!

CarolD said:
The weather is generally very mild, and the winter rains (if there have even been any) are generally over with.

And even if they're not, I'd prefer winter rains to Michigan blizzards any day.

March is actually good for me; if I am still in school, hopefully working on my Masters degree, exams here are usually in mid-April.

CarolD said:
The con will definitely be on a weekend (Friday-Sunday).

We do feel badly that dates in March won't work out for some of the fans, but the actual 20th anniversary is in March (the 26th), so that's the time period we're working with. I think it's true that no matter what weekend, or what month, we picked, it wouldn't work out for someone. Beyond that - March is a great time to visit L.A.! The weather is generally very mild, and the winter rains (if there have even been any) are generally over with.

Hope you can work things out so that you can join us, Sam Beckett Fan!

yeah me too, and I am sure I could its really dependent on Kristen because she may have a work load she can't get away from, and without her I am not going because we were hoping to come parents free.