Auto-Response from Universal re: DVD Complaint e-mail

McDuck

GizmoDuck for PQL Security
Staff member
Jun 4, 2004
Duckburg
Not that it really means anything, but this is what I just received in my e-mail box from Universal Customer Relations:

Thank you for contacting us about 'Quantum Leap, the Complete Second Season.'
We appreciate your input and have forwarded your comments to the appropriate
department.

Sincerely,

Universal Studios Home Entertainment

I'll keep you informed if I hear anything else from them, though I'd be really surprised if I did.

I got the same response too, but for what it is worth, a fan at Bakulachat says that her earlier auto response didn't have the line about forwarding to the appropriate department. Can this be considered progress?
Let's hope it is at least a small step in the right direction.

Typical generic auto-response. They're hoping the average person will accept that and leave them alone. I would send the same complaint and demand that someone PERSONALLY respond.

My responce

This is the responce I got:

Thank you for contacting us and for your purchase of both 'Quantum Leap' series releases. Your comments and suggestions have been forwarded to the appropriate department.

As noted on our website at homevideo.com, all 22 Second Season episodes of this groundbreaking series are available on DVD for the first time ever. Please refer to the On-Screen menu for program content.

We appreciate your patronage and hope that you will continue to enjoy this and future Universal releases.

Tom
Al's Handlink

Re: My responce

Hmmm.....so three different ones we know of so far. Did you use the same universal link to e-mail, Tom, or did you send through homevideo.com?

Hello! This is my first posting here. My disappointment about QL Incomplete Season Two brought me here.

I, too, received the same generic email response to my comments, but I noticed that the header of the response email from Universal said "RE: Quantum Leap Season 2 ( False advertising )". I never mentioned the term "false advertising" in my comments to them. Could it be that someone read my email and will actually forward it on to someone to read? I can hope, can't I?

Hi everybody.

When did you guys send? And which mail adress did you use? I used Universal's contact form, but I got nothing -- until now :hmm

Thanks.

Email / Phone numbers / Letter Mail

I have been back and forth with Universal's Customer relations people and they gave me some other ways to contact them.

I have phone numbers, email links and letter mail addresses that you can use to voice your concerns!

Check out www.quantumleap-alsplace....sontwo.htm and look down the page for the Audio/Video Info to find all of these ways to contact Universal! CALL THAT NUMBER AND MAKE THEM LISTEN!

Link

I used the link on that Brian supplied on the website. Then I went to the DVD/home video section. It brought me to a FAQ page and there was a link to an e-mail for comments and sugestions.
But it was on the Universal site

Tom
Al's Handlink

Re: Email / Phone numbers / Letter Mail

@Al's Place Bartender: Yeah, I would. But I'm from Germany and my English is not that good as it could be. It's okay for buying a burger or something ... but not to talk about these things. I really would ... :(
However, I'm here and I will do my best to keep the next seasons intact.

@Als Handlink: Thanks, I will take a look and try it again. :)