Group Chats and Chat Room Requests

Chats?

I'm new and I saw there was a poll for when chats would be held, but it didnt say what is the final say on when, where, and What ( yahoo chat?, Aol Chat? ect :) )

Hi I'm a newbie can you tell? :).

Maddy be my name, I'm 23, and I've been a QL fan for a long time. (As I was young when they started on tv.)

-Maddy, the lost leaper :bow

Welcome!

May I be the first to say welcome to Al's Place, Maddy. :wavey

The chats... well, that might be a better question for Brian to answer since he sets that up. I'll let him answer that one.

Again, welcome!!! :D

Please add a chat room to als quantum leap

Hello
I think it would be nice if you could add a chat room to the site so all the quantum leap fans can chat together live. There is a chat scrpt called Flashchat v4.1.2 and I have the script and alot of sites uses this awsome chat script it has admin controls for ops and admin to use to kick or ban and other features and this will be a great chat script if you would like it I will be glad to give it to you for free

please message me back

Regards
Jeremy

Hi Brian

Hi Brian
I would give you my flash chat its awsome and it will work great for this site so Quantum Leap will be able to chat together I will attach to you on here or send it to you on email if I can upload it to you on forum but the chat script which is Flash Chat has moderator power and admin power to kick or ban people that cant go by the rules and shows the people ip address to admin or md so please let me know

message me back to let me know what you think Brian?

Regards
Jeremy

I am also new to this site just joined a few days ago.

Re: Chat room

alsplacebartender said:
Yes, there is now a "Chat" link at the top of the board next to "My settings" and "FAQ".

Also, you can get there by simply going to:

http://www.quantumleap-alsplace.com/chat

Enjoy!

Well, I've tried accessing the chat rooms both ways (logged in and otherwise) several times, but every time I enter my ID and password, it tells me I've been banned. How does one enter the chat rooms? Is there a secret handshake or some such thing? ;)

Eleiece

Eleiece, there is a link that says Al's Place Users click to chat, or something of the sort just above the area that shows who is in the chat rooms too. All 3 methods have let me in.

Re: Chat rooms

I'm still logged in here, and I just clicked on that link, entered my ID and password and it still says that I'm banned. *sigh* Thanks any way. :)

Eleiece

Re: Chat rooms

alsplacebartender said:
Try it now. Everyone that had a "TVS rater" primary usergroup was effected by this. I changed you to "registered user" with "TVS rater" as an additional usergroup so you can still get in that group AND join the chat.

Let me know if it works for you now!

Sure did! Thanks, Brian! :hurray:

Eleiece