View Single Post
Old 07-21-2016, 01:25 PM   #302
blue enigma
Accelerator Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning McQueenie View Post
A thought crossed my mind - we know that Sam can impregnate a woman during his leaps.

Let's say for example during Alia's leap into Connie, that she took over her nightly wifely duties with Frank (if you know what I mean ) and ended up pregnant. Would the baby leap with her when she does? Does this mean that when she does go into labour, it could be in an entirely different time and place than when it was conceived? Would the aura of the leapee appear pregnant at the same time? Or would it just appear that a baby appears out of nowhere? And let's not even try to get our heads around what would happen if she was in a man's aura when she goes into labour >_<
These are interesting questions and worth considering if we speculate that Sammy Jo leaped to find Sam (or took his place so he could have a rest). My own personal conclusion is that leaping and childbearing are incompatible, so a woman who is leaping couldn't become pregnant while leaping (or possibly at all -- wasn't the accelerator nuclear in design? I could be wrong about that, but if so the radiation could possibly impair the woman's ability to bear children).

As far as Alia, however, we can assume that Alia as Connie wasn't performing any of her wifely duties with Frank, including (or even especially) the nightly ones, in order to accomplish her goal to drive him away and wreck the family.