"The Person Below Me"(TPBM)

Re: RE: TPBM

Partly true!

I have read all the way up through "Wolves of the Calla" and have bought "Song of Susannah" and "The Dark Tower." Just have to find time to read them! Great series!

The person below me has written (or is going to write) a story for the Starbright Project series (PLUG! - Reopens October 1st).

Re: RE: TPBM

Pretty much true. I've had a story in the works for some time now and I've wanted to write more, but school has dictated otherwise. But I'm hoping that with having such small amounts of homework and short days at college, I might be able to write more... that is if I can get past this horrific creative block (I say creative 'cause I haven't been able to do any drawings in addition to no writing...)

TPBM has been to Branson, Missouri.

Joy

Check in

True
More than once a Day Mike :)

Gotta get my fix of Al's Place or there's something missing from my life!

TPBM has more than one Quantum Leap T shirt.

Re: Check in

True, true, true!

TPBM has actually attended a NASCAR race.

Re: Check in

True. I have been to Poconno before. And I won an all expence paid trip to Pheonix back in '98.

That's a whole story. But Rusty Wallace won the race that day driving a car he raced just one other time, the other race I was at, the following year at Poconno. After 6 laps, he blew a tire and destroyed the car beyony repair.

TPBM has read Stephen Kings Bog of Bones

Bog of Bones?

False, I've never heard of that. The only Steven King writings that I've read was "Four Past Midnight", his collection of four novellas. Two of them have been turned into movies: "The Langoliers" (with our beloved Dean Stockwell) and "Secret Window, Secret Garden" (which was called "Secret Window" in theatres with umm... what's his name... oh crap... right, Johnny Depp).

I just want to mention that I'm the oddball in my family since my brother and dad both love auto racing, NASCAR included of course. We actually have a racetrack close to our home, so I've seen plenty of CASCAR races instead. :b

TPBM has seen both of the movies that I mentioned above.

Re: Secret Window and Langoliers

Indeed I have seen both.
Secret Window made me, as a writer of sorts, kinda creep out!
Heaven preserve us all!

TPBM has been to New Zealand (where I understand they are starting filming on "The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe" yay!)

False, but I WISH!!!!!!!!!

TPBM has received mail from Peter Jackson (postmarked New Zealand).
aside: I have, and to this day I'm amazed it arrived, as instead of LA being spelled out as the state of Louisiana, it was sent to LA spelled out as Los Angeles. Thank the Lord for zipcodes.

False, But I was featured in a commercial for a trip I won to NASCAR Winston Cup DuraLube 500 in Phoenix.

TPBM is a fan of Actress Christina Ricci

Re: TPBM

I'd have to say false on this one. My best friends favorite movie when we were younger was Casper so when ever we had a sleepover THAT'S what we watched, so now I can't ever see her in any other role but that one!

TPBM....always has to think for about 5 min. before they know what to write for TPBM.....

Oh so very true,
I just wish I'd been clever enough to come up with that line!

Errrrmmm....

(five or more minutes later...)

TPBM has more than three cats

False. One dog.

TPBM has an "exotic" pet. (i.e., not cat or dog)

Oh, su true...

Actually, whenever I get the chance I always try to look up at the stars to find the constellations I know. I also buy a few astronomy magazines whenever somethings interesting are going on (like Cassini's voyage to Saturn, for example) and I also find myself putting steller wallpapers on my desktop (including the ones available at Startrek.com, lol)

Now, as for my TPBM...

(thinks for a few minutes)

TPBM has witnessed and exceptional astronomical event (for example a comet, a moon eclipse, a *total* solar eclipse or meteor passing through the atmosphere (the big kind that does fall on the ground, not the tiny one that make shooting stars))

As for me, I saw the two kinds of lunar eclipses (the one where the moon stays white and the one when it gets very red), and I think I've seen a comet, but only with naked eye. I only got a 4/5 solar eclipse.

Clara

True. All the other kids in grammar school were into G.I. Joe and Transformers... and little old me was all by my lonesome with He-Man. At one time, I had just about every single action figure, vehicle, fortress... you name it, I probably had it. The only thing I know I didn't have was the huge Eternia playset. My parents drew the line on that one, but otherwise, they spoiled me rotten with MotU toys. I even had the She-Ra and Catra action figures! :lol As for the cartoon show, I used to watch both it and "She-Ra: Princess of Power" every day after school from 3 to 4 PM. I dragged my parents to the theaters to take me to see "The Secret of the Sword" and then the live-action MotU movie with Dolph Lundgren and Frank Langella. It's a shame I sold all the toys when I outgrew them... I could make a bundle off all of them now! Oh well... *shrugs*

TPBM enjoys video games.

True. I love my PS2. My favorite games are the 3rd person roleplaying like Metal Gear Solid and Grand Theft Auto. I also love the NASCAR games

TPBM is going to vote this year

Absolutely, 100%, unequivocably TRUE. If one doesn't vote, one forfeits the right to complain, IMO. (Not that I've had much to complain about the last 4 years.) :D

TPBM has volunteered in some capacity on a political campaign.

I completely agree: if you don't vote, you lose your civic right to bash the government.

False, however, I haven't ever worked on a political campaign, but have wanted to a couple of time.

(Oh yeah, Damon, I watched the He-Man and She-Ra hour too... I think it was on Saturday mornings here, though. :D I still have three of my MotU action figures... King Hiss, one of his henchmen, and some rockman... haha... they each came with their own comic, too. Jeez, I miss the good old '80s!)

Well, TPBM... (thinks for a few minutes)... is currently not living in the nation of birth.

... Mike. ^_^

False.

I do want to point out that I was indeed going to vote, but problems at home and time spent at school caused us to forget to register.

I think, though, that even if we don't vote, we should still be able to state our own opinions on how things go in our government. This is the first year that I'm old enough to vote, but I've always had a strong opinion about the way things are going in our country, even when I wasn't voting (because I was too young).

I'm really mad at myself for missing the deadline to register. I really did/do want to vote. I really don't care that the candidate I want/ed to vote for has no chance of winning (Michael Peroutka of the Constitution Party); I still want to vote for someone without having to feel as though I've compromised my beliefs just to vote for the "best of the worst" in order to sway the vote between Bush & Kerry.

And sorry... I just realized I didn't include another TPBM...

So without further ado, the next TPBM is...

TPBM is going to buy one of the 18" talking Jack Sparrow action figures.

Joy

False...love the movie, but not quite that much.

On a side note...I do plan to vote, still haven't decided for who yet though! However, I live in the only state, North Dakota, that doesn't require voter registration, I simply have to show proof of residency and a photo id (can do both with a driver's liscence) I just KNOW though that when I DO move to a state that requires registration, that I will forget, because I've never had to!

hmmm...think think...

Regardless of whether you can vote this election or not...TPBM...will be HAPPY when the elections are over and the political campaign ads STOP!

Coming from a person who lives in a "swing state"... Abso-freaking-lutely true! I *hate* election years TV-wise. I never watch the debates; I think it's unfair that they rarely have a debate that includes the lesser candidates--I haven't seen my chosen candidate get a chance to debate against Bush and/or Kerry on national TV....

I will be so glad when we finally stop seeing political ads. We'll be free 'til 2006; we still unfortunately have the lesser elections--congress, etc.--every two years, so we only technically have every other year where there are pretty much no political ads.

TPBM will be attending the midnight showing for Star Wars Episode III in May 2005.

Joy