Question about tickets and payment...

Brian, I have a question about the events under "Gooshie's Programming." Under the descriptions for the Diamond and Platinum ticket levels, it says, "First notice and opportunity to purchase access to any extras." But in the fine print under Gooshie's Programming it says, "Diamond and Platinum ticket holders will be allowed access to most additional events at no additional charge." So I'm not sure how much that Platinum ticket would really get me. Would we have to pay an additional charge for the extras, or not?

Must I use PayPal or Google checkout ?

So, the title is the first question. I was reading something that made it sound like I must use one of those methods. I was just planning to use a credit card. I know my husband had PayPal, maybe still does, but I've never used it. We use separate computers, FWIW.

Second, I'm planning this as a surprise for my sister, who, last I heard, had no email addy; I guess I could call and ask if she's connected again, but I wanted to present it as a fait accompli - what if something went wrong, and I get no tickets ? Can I put my email on there for her ?

I'm already hyperventilating here ! I've been up all night [I'm a nightowl, but even I usually go to sleep by dawn] because I was afraid I wouldn't wake up in time, and you'd sell out of the Diamond tickets, and now I'm worried I'm going to screw it up somehow. I have an autoimmune disease, and stress makes me stupid (that's my story, and I'm sticking to it).

I keep wondering EXACTLY what steps I'll be following, can someone do a babystep explanation for me, so I can stop freaking out ?

Hotel reservations are a whole separate thing, yes ?

I'll try and clear this up a bit for you!

We do know that at least one event will be tied to whether or not you book your hotel stay at the Beverly Garland on Friday and Saturday nights. If you choose to stay at a different hotel, all ticket levels would have to purchase entry into at least one event which would ideally include several VIP guest stars.

The first notice wording means you will get "first notice" when tickets for that open up. You'll also get the first notice for other special things such as convention merchandise going on sale.

Sorry I can't be more definite about what is included at this time. We're a year away and still a lot of planning to do.

The Diamond and Platinum tickets do get you much closer to the stage and the stars! It will include everything except for one event. And you can get into that event free just by booking your room at our hotel.

Hope that helps!

I definitely want the Diamond tickets if I get through before they are sold out. And I plan to book at the convention hotel.
I was just planning to wait on the reservation, so I can talk to her in case she has preferences - which floor, etc. So I can, I think you're saying ?

And what about the payment - the ticket page says:"then pay using PayPal or Google Checkout", whereas I had thought a plain old credit card was fine.

So I just go to the ticket page and click on "Get tickets" ?

Sorry to be so dim. Thanks for the help.

Click on get tickets, then you'll be taken to the eventbrite system. You'll select the number of tickets you want from any ticket level and then it will take you to the information page where you will enter your information. You'll pay from that page, which will take you to Paypal or Google, whichever you preper to use. Both paypal and google checkout are our credit card processing vendors. So yes, you can use your credit card through them.

Might speed things up to register an account though one of them beforehand.

Just to clarify further, paying with a credit card DOES NOT require a Paypal or Google Checkout account! You are taken to a payment page, enter your credit card info, and they simply handle the transaction (and take a small percentage of the ticket price).

I just bought mine and I've never used Google Checkout before. It asked me to sign in to Google which I do have an account there, but not financial related.

So I didn't need paypal?

feldon30 said:
Just to clarify further, paying with a credit card DOES NOT require a Paypal or Google Checkout account! You are taken to a payment page, enter your credit card info, and they simply handle the transaction (and take a small percentage of the ticket price).

I just bought mine and I've never used Google Checkout before. It asked me to sign in to Google which I do have an account there, but not financial related.

I opened up a paypal account just for this purchasing & when the final moment of truth was upon us, paypal failed in the mission. I got so nervous & anxious & thought I would loose the tickect so now I owe money to my brother (for some reason his paypal account worked just fine) & now you say that I could have used my own credit card number without paypal as the mediator?

This is important information, that I know I could have had ue for it yesterday when I bought the ticket...

No, you had to choose either Paypal or Google Checkout as the mediator for your credit card to be used. What feldon30 was saying is that you didn't actually have to have an account to use them.

Having an account did speed things up for some people as they didn't have to enter all their info in the paypal site because of course it was already there.

Both sites enable you to use them without actually having an account though. It should have said that fact somewhere on the paypal page the ticketing site took you to.

Not sure why your paypal account did not work and your brother's did, but sorry you had a problem. It could be just because the account was brand new and may not have had all the verifications done or something.

You can use your new paypal account to send the money you owe him into his paypal account fairly easily.

ah... ok then...

thanks for the explaination.

as for my brother.... it's easier (& cheaper) to just give him the money in person
:lol