Favourite Al moment

desirelife

Project QL Intern
Jan 6, 2007
Everybody has one. There are two that are really close but one always springs to mind. In the episode 'Disco Inferno', when Al recalls the B-movie that Sam is working on at the beginning of the episode, Al gives his snappy review of the film by saying: 'We're talking two thumbs down' as he gestures both his thumbs downwards.:lol :lol :lol :lol

What are yours?

My favorite Al moment is... well, there are too many! But my two top favorite moments are, in no order, when he dances with Beth at the end of "MIA" (makes me cry every time if the room is quiet - MJ, Jennie, and Eleiece can attest to that!) and when he prays for Sam in "Leap of Faith".

Kat

Cpt Jules said:
My favorite Al moment is... well, there are too many! But my two top favorite moments are, in no order, when he dances with Beth at the end of "MIA" (makes me cry every time if the room is quiet - MJ, Jennie, and Eleiece can attest to that!) and when he prays for Sam in "Leap of Faith".

Kat

If I had to pick one, I think I'd go with you on this one, Kat - that prayer in Leap of Faith is a real tug at the heartstrings.

In 'The Curse of Ptah Hotep' when he runs from the burial chamber - look on his face-priceless, I also really like Dancing with Beth in MIA, and oooh this great dialogue from Killin' Time:

Gooshie: "I'm right in front of you! Can't you see me?"
Al: "If I could see you, would I be talking to the sidewalk?!"
Gooshie: "I guess Ziggy didn't do a very good job of synching our brainwaves."
Al: "I'll take that as a complement."

Made me snigger :D

Okay... I shall say this... on this topic now that I've seen others posts....

I love Al... He's adorable... he's wonderful... he's priceless and NO other actor would have been able to give that "character" everything that was needed to make us fall in love with him the way that Dean Stockwell did. PERIOD.

I love ALL the Al moments. Him laughing, crying, praying, singing, dressing, just being himself, being annoying, being loving, being counseled, etc., etc., et al... I love them all.

MJ

one particular moment i always remembered was in goodbye norma jean al rushing to get sam to see marilyn monroe in the pool, such a great moment and really shows the character

I have two that come to mind. In Leap Home, Part One, where Sam is feeling angry and sorry for himself that he's not there to save his family, he goes off on how unfair it is. And Al very calmly tells him that it's eminently fair, and says, "I would give anything to see my family again." Just the matter of fact way he says it gets me every time.

The second is in Shock Theatre when he has to get down to basics. "I'm Al. I'm your buddy. . ." Dean Stockwell does snarky and comic very well, but I like it best when he uses that gentle tone.

Honorable mention: Al's pleased/proud look when little Theresa successfully identifies the dinosaurs in Another Mother.

Yeah, Al is a great character. Too many moments.

Ha, and when he starts doing his boxing moves by himself in Right Hand of God. Ha, that was hilarious.

I liked the bit in Killin' Time when Al and Gooshie were being held at gun point. I also liked the part in the episode when Gooshie says that Ziggy couldn't synchronise their brainwave patterns, and Al just says, "I'll take that as a complement.".

i agree with MJ
I love ALL the Al moments. Him laughing, crying, praying, singing, dressing, just being himself, being annoying, being loving, being counseled, etc., etc., et al... I love them all.

but... the bit that cracked me up from Al the most was the bit where he's sleep talking and ... i've said this before... he says something like:
"denise... denise... get in the closet! get in the... OH TINA HEY!! no, theres no one else here... " etc etc <3 that scene! soo funny

- tess

TessCrazy said:
i agree with MJ

but... the bit that cracked me up from Al the most was the bit where he's sleep talking and ... i've said this before... he says something like:
"denise... denise... get in the closet! get in the... OH TINA HEY!! no, theres no one else here... " etc etc <3 that scene! soo funny

- tess
Oh, yeah! I completely forgot that scene! I'd say that was one of Al's funniest.

I was watching Another Mother last night and I just loved Al and Teresa. It got to me when he was starting to talk about never having kids before Sam tells him that Kevin has run away.

I got a lump in my throat!

I haven't been able to watch many eps yet ( been a little busy the last few weeks ) but so far my favourite Al moments are:

1. When he prays for Sam.
2. When he dances with Beth.
3. When he says in the Leap Home part 2 ( I think) that he was always free.( even though he ended up being a POW for longer)
4. When he plays ghost of the xmas future in A Little Miracle. - he was just so darn funny in that gear & makeup !!
&
5. When he teaches the Alphabet Rap.

Yasmin

"in memory of Charles Rocket"
http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/yasmin_anjumuk/my_photos
" reason for suicide" in myspace blog:
http://www.myspace.com/132501307

The two Al moments that spring to my mind are the final scene in M.I.A, and when he tells Sam about his sister Trudy in Jimmy, although there are way too many to pick a specific one. I do like that fact that everyone seems to just accept whatever Al is wearing :D