Meet and greet!

Hey everybody, id really love to go and if I can I will. The only problem is I dont have any friends or family that are as into Quantum Leap as me so would probably end up going alone. Ive never been to any other conventions before so the thought of going alone is a bit daunting and putting me off a bit. What do people think I should do? would rocking up alone be a bit hard at first but then id make friends? Thats what im hoping as I really want to go.

Mr.Fusion said:
Hey everybody, id really love to go and if I can I will. The only problem is I dont have any friends or family that are as into Quantum Leap as me so would probably end up going alone. Ive never been to any other conventions before so the thought of going alone is a bit daunting and putting me off a bit. What do people think I should do? would rocking up alone be a bit hard at first but then id make friends? Thats what im hoping as I really want to go.

I think you'd be fine going alone. That's what I'm doing, too; there just aren't many people around me who are huge fans, like I am. I think you'd have no trouble making friends. After all, you're going to be in a hotel full of people with the same interest as you, who love to talk about QL! I'm looking forward to meeting people who don't look at me like I'm some kind of lunatic for loving the show as much as I do.

We probably will set up a Thursday evening event for early arrivals, just a low-key type of thing. Maybe show some videos, let everyone mingle and introduce themselves.

If we know there are a bunch of singles who need to make con-buddies to hang out and chat with, we'll set up some ways to make that easier and less intimidating. I know I've gone to some events where I didn't know anybody, and it's kinda awkward to just walk up to a stranger and go, "Hi, I'm Carol!" So we'll help out where we can. We want this to be a really excellent experience for everyone.

I'll be coming alone, as far as I know, but I feel like I already have convention buddies. I look forward to meeting people that I know only as names on this board.

BTW, I live in northeastern Pennsylvania, and I'll probably fly out of Philadelphia ('cause I hate traveling to Newark). I'd love to have a traveling companion, and will most likely be looking for a roommate down the line.

Well, I'm Janine but everyone calls me Janna but I'm known as Janna Galaxy. I'm from Stockton-on-Tees, Teesside, England!

I've watch QL since I was 9 in 1991. The first episode I watched was "Glitter Rock" I only watched it because my mum was glued to it and would let me watch my cartoon tape and there was nothing else to do!

I had my first crush when I was 10 on Scott. I still do have a cruch on him 15 years later. :) But my mother had a crush on Dean. :D

I've been to quite a few conventions, (mainly Stargate) but did attend the QL con in Buxton. In which I had a great time....I was a very young woman then (psst 17!). Loved dancing, but got ill when I was 19 with DVT and well I got it again and again and well the rest is history as Al would say.

So, now I'm disabled. I use a walking stick to get around. I'm abit nutty, because of all the time I spent in doors when I was very badly ill.

But I did fullfil one of my dreams and meet Dean Stockwell in Milton Keynes in UK in 2005. He asked me to join him while he was have his lunch...the fan girl inside me was screaming! Later I talked to this woman when I was returning the shopping scooter what happened. She was all like, well it was proberly he felt sorry for you because you were in the scooter. That made me upset but it wasn't true, as when I saw Dean later with Corin Nemec (From Stargate) he remembered me and we started to chat again.

I'm looking forward to seeing Dean again....I mean the man is just so sweet!

Looking forward to meeting everyone!!! :D

Come with us!

If you are from England and need someone to go with to the convention come and join us.

We are 3 leapers that have met (online only) through this web site, we all want to go to the convention but had no one to go with and didnt want to go on our own. We were hoping to get a group together to travel with.

So if you want to join us send me a pm. The more the merrier ;)

Buxton was fun, wasn't it, Janna? My first time on a convention committee, and I was worn out by the end of it, but it was worth it - so many people said our little con was the best one they had been to, which was lovely to hear!

Gosh, that was 9 years ago. How scary is that?

Hi everyone, My name is joanne, JoJo to my friends.... I'm 26 and reside in MELBOURNE AUSTRALIA! Been a fan ever since it first aired, but became obsessive with the show when our cable networks began airing the ENTIRE series every night from beginning to end, That's when I truly fell in love with the show, and beagn taping them religiously. As you can imagine, living down under, I've had the pleasure to attend a con, but after I heard about this 20th anniversary shindig in March, I'm making it my lifes ambition to make it over there.... Other than Quantum Leap. I'm a huge movie buff and love older music and television. I also have a slight obsession with SUperman... check out my facebook if you like... search Joanne Warrener, and send me a msg saying that you are from the QL forum ad I'll add you!!!

CHeers!!

JOJO

Hi,
I'm in Oregon and started off not knowing anybody and being treated very kindly (taken under the wing) by Leapers in LA (including Carol). We were and still are called Newbies if it was our first encounter with the world of Scott and Dean in person, or our first con. And I am sure the tradition will continue.

The way you all are using this site will continue to make it easy for you all to build relationships on line to plan rooming or traveling with someone else in advance, if you want to. Or you can go on your own and easily get acquainted with the friendly QL crowd.
Nancy

EmmaCMF said:
Buxton was fun, wasn't it, Janna? My first time on a convention committee, and I was worn out by the end of it, but it was worth it - so many people said our little con was the best one they had been to, which was lovely to hear!

Gosh, that was 9 years ago. How scary is that?

I remember you! :D

I was only thinking the other day that it's been almost 9 years since that event....oh boy I've totally changed since then. I can't do the dances to Steps anymore because of the damage the DVT did to my legs.

It was a year after I left school and just finished my first year of college, even my mum enjoyed herself looking around the town. My mum told me the other day she'd love to go to this event with me. But that remains to be seen.

I'll have to dig out a photo and scan it and compare how much I've changed since May '99!

Hugz
Janine

i'm from sussex which is in the south east. im sure there will be a group of us flying out the the con together

Ben

mand said:
i'm hopefully gonna do my best to get to the con, got plenty of time to save up, i'm from the uk and will be coming to the con on my own as no-one will come with me :( plus my mates are fans of the show,
my other favourite show apart from QL is most haunted :)

I'd say we should form a flying Leap squad and all travel out together, but Maryse and I will be going to LA almost a week before the con to have plenty of time to get things ready.

Those of you from the UK should consider flying out together. It's great fun, and that three hours waiting at the airport followed by 11 hours on a plane gives you lot of time to get to know everyone.

Hey Guys! I will be looking for a female/females to room with at convention (I unfortunatly can't room with Naggin Dragon, as my hubby might be a little miffed.... damn propriety) I am sort of hoping for a cheaper nearby hotel within walking distance as money is really really tight (the $2500 air fare sort of blows the budget) I don't care if I have to room with a bunch of people and sleep on the floor, I intend to be awake for most of the weekend anyway, I'm not flying 16000 km's to sleep.

It doesn't really bother me who I bunk with... so if anyone wants to save some money by having me as a roommate. I'd prefer to stay at the hotel because we get 2 extras at the con... But like Bexter, I also won't be travelling 16,000km to sleep lol.

alsplacebartender said:
It will be at least one extra - possibly not more than one. Just to be clear. :)

Benefits of staying at the convention hotel are great though. You're already there, don't have to worry about traffic or getting lost, paying for cab fares, etc. It's just totally worth it.

No Worries Brian, you've convinced me, but i still need to find someone to share with if i can

i cant wait for the con the only trouble i'm gonna have is tryign to save up for the flight,lmao as the cheapest is £400-ish,
i just got one question tho about tickets if you have the cheap ticket and you have to go to the back of the queues due to the seat number etc.. do you still get to see the guest even if your right at the back or is there only a set number of people the guests will see?

place to stay prior to convention

im hoping to spend a day or two in LA before the convention. anyone know of a good hotel to stay in just for a single night so i can go to universal before the convention?

Ben

Ben, the BG is just under a mile away from the gates of Universal, and there is a free shuttle bus that will take you there and bring you back (IIRC, it runs every 30 minutes). The convention rate is in place for a couple of days before the convention.

If you'd rather be closer, there's a Hilton and a Sheraton on site at Universal, though they're quite a bit pricier than the BG.