Fate of Leapers

QuantumMatt

Project QL Intern
Jun 26, 2006
Manteca, CA
I was at work today and something struck me. I recall a scene from "Revenge of the Evil Leaper" and it was at the end where Alia confronted Zoey and Zoey tried to shoot Alia but Alia leaped and apparently the bullet got neither here or the girl Alia replaced as this girl was leaping back in. Thames says to Zoey that Lothos has lost here to which Zoey replies "She leaped" but Thames says "She didn't leap back!" and says again that Lothos has lost her. Al then tells Sam that Alia is free, wherever she is. I was thinking that Alia's body leaped out of the Waiting Room and her "mind" and body reunited whereever she was. I then thought of "Mirror Image" and how Sam's "mind" and body were reunited. I got to thinking- was Alia's fate the same as Sam's? Did Alia go on leaping forever? Did she go on leaping and helping people out and changing history whereever she was like Sam did?

Matthew

Well Sam was always free, whereas in the case of Alia she was being controlled by that lothos and possibly the devil too against her will. Zoey was the one that suggested that they send her out(she stated so in Revenge) so Alia possibly did not want to go. Even in Dilver us from Evil she felt wrong about what she was doing:
"I can't kill all those people again!"
So Alia was freed from Lathos but Sam had nothing to be freed from except maybe the shadow of other people he did not know.

To answer the original question though you are probably right. Being freed from Lathos gives her no computer and no contact with her home time to guide her so she is probably a Mirror Image type thing, yeah.

some crazy thought i had.WHat if sam when he leapt for a last time....he bamped in to alia in to whatever place he landed to:D and now he had a partner with him in his leaps:eek: maybe she could take als place:lol
remember the show journey man? his ex appeared to him in to his trips in the past and helped him something like that

I can't see Alia taking Al's place, but when Alia and Sam leapt together the first time, I actually thought they'd end up as a team. Hence my disappointment when she leapt...

naggindragon said:
I can't see Alia taking Al's place, but when Alia and Sam leapt together the first time, I actually thought they'd end up as a team. Hence my disappointment when she leapt...

Yeah I had that vision as well, and actually if you look in the telefilm section I proposed an Idea for the BLF movie where Alia is the new leaper who goes looking for Sam. See the thread "Sam and Alia" in Telefilms for the details.

I just really liked the charactor of Alia I think she had merit as a more involved charactor.

Sam Beckett Fan said:
Yeah I had that vision as well, and actually if you look in the telefilm section I proposed an Idea for the BLF movie where Alia is the new leaper who goes looking for Sam. See the thread "Sam and Alia" in Telefilms for the details.

I just really liked the character of Alia I think she had merit as a more involved character.

Actually, character is spelled with an "e"; don't worry, I put right what once went wrong.
Sorry, silly joke :lol

Yeah, it would be great to see Alia attempt to rescue Sam- after all, he's the one that brought her from the Midnight Marauder leap, to the Women's Penitentiary where she was freed- when she leaped, I think it was Sam's influence-his god, fate or time- that leaped her out before being shot.
She'd played her role in implicating the person Zoey had leaped into (not that Zoey was responsible for the murder, just that I can't remember his name :D) in the murder of the woman Sam/Alia's leapees had been accused of committing, therefore she was leaped out of a positive rather than a negative...

Now, where she went, I'd like to think of as being similar to Mirror Image, she leaped into herself, but not back in her equivalent of the Waiting Room, somewhere else (but not Al's Place since that was tailor-made for Sam by god, fate or time, to show Sam the good he's done, by filling the holes in his swiss-cheesed brain, to give Sam a better understanding of his final choice- home, or putting things right for Al)

In Alia's case, I think her true final leap would be-and this would be complicated, so I dare venture how-to prevent the evil equivalent of Sam's project from ever being started, since who's to say, that they don't replace Alia with another evil leaper.
Especially if it were that easy for Zoey to leap in, and have pinpointed the exact time and location that Alia had leapt into, even though they had absolutely no way of knowing where that was since there was noone in their waiting room- that ability to control the time and location of your leap still makes them a dangerous presence, with or without Alia...

term180 said:
I think her true final leap would be-and this would be complicated, so I dare venture how-to prevent the evil equivalent of Sam's project from ever being started, since who's to say, that they don't replace Alia with another evil leaper.
You mean Alia stops the evil project QL's creation? That would be interesting.

I was thinking the same thing. And even though Alia managed to leap, I'm sure the EQL project would be able to find her again, just like they did the first time. Alia's only chance of survival would be to assert herself to destroy the EQL project.

I say destroy because if she prevented its creation, it would move the universe to a different timeline, but the first timeline would still be in existence and they'd still try to get her. The only chance would be to destroy it in its present.

Yeah I like this idea, and I also really think she and Sam would have made a great team they should have stayed partners although that would complicate my favorite Leap with Tamlyn. Thats ok though cuz I think Alia really had potential as a more involveed character. And two people can do more good than just one.

That being said, maybe it's better to have 2 people out there doing different leaps - twice as much good would be done...

Thats very true. But Sam should have run into her again in one episode so that we all (Sam and us) can find out what became of her, or at least have Ziggy figure out that she made it home or something.