Can't Sleep

Sam's Crow

Project QL Intern
Jun 12, 2008
Liverpool, England
It's 3:42 am over here and already I've been awake for a couple of hours. It feels like my brain is about to shut down on me. Almost every morning I wake up at around three o'clock in the morning and struggle to get back to sleep. I can't help it. Any suggestions.

Hmm

Hmm. Any large amount of stress in your life? That always causes me not to sleep. Usually I just read a book (or write one :lol). Something I can do in which I can just put the materials on the ground when I get unbearable tired.

If it makes you feel any better, a close realative has the same problem as you. Can't sleep, but is always tired. It went away somewhat, but for the life of me I don't know how |I

Dandelion tea helps me a little, but not at the moment, I always seem to wake up 2 yours before I'm suppose to and then can't go back to sleep, at the moment I'm getting up at 4.30am to go to work, so am waking up at 2.30am - scary!!

Lay still and think about the engery drain out through your feet, when your body feels heavy, empty your mind and focus on the colour blue and only think about blue, and you will drift to sleep!

No guarantees, but it works for me every time.|I

do what i do...stay in bed and just think of quantum leap stories in your head...and soon you will drift off...or walk around the house and do crossword puzzles[unfortunately it used to wake up college roomates, now just my parents! :( ] i've always been like this...for a couple of weeks i can get 4 hours a night, then for a week i get 10 hours, then the final week or so i get 6 hours. i've learned to accept it even though i can get rather tired but at work, keep physically active. it might help getting your body more tired...but to stop the mind i'm not too certain. that's the hard part.

When I wake up in the middle of the night and can't get back to sleep I put my on my ipod which has every episode of Quantum Leap saved and I pick an episode and fall asleep dreaming of Sam and Al. Works everytime as it takes my mind off not being able to sleep and just totally relaxes me.

Last night I watched Permanent Wave, but can't remember much past Sam and "family" being shot at in their house.

I know the feeling I haven't been able to sleep good in the last few weeks myself I did finally get some this morning but it has been difficult. I wonder if it is stress or worry Im unsure. I hope your feeling better Crow and its nice to meet you :)

AlyssaCalavicci said:
I know the feeling I haven't been able to sleep good in the last few weeks myself I did finally get some this morning but it has been difficult. I wonder if it is stress or worry Im unsure. I hope your feeling better Crow and its nice to meet you :)

Sometimes if I'm absolutley exhausted and feel like I'm about to collapse, I just put my head to my pillow and fall asleep almost instantly but other times it just doesn't work.

Is there any strees or worry in your life at the moment, Alyssa? That might be what's causing you not to sleep. Anyway, it's nice to meet you too.;)

systemcat said:
Lay as still as you can in your bed and let a fan blow into your face |I .
This one really works for me, espeically if you focus on the sound of the fan and the feeling on your face and i know this sounds silly but sometimes I imagine the sounds of the fan is actually a plane engine and I'm flying off to some peaceful location to sit under a palm tree with a cocktail in a half coconut cup LOL!! Works everytime!

No trouble sleeping at the moment, had minor surger Thursday and have been out of it from aneasthetic ever since (hence spelling mistakes) Also feeling really REALLY down, worse I've felt for a long time, obviously a side effect, I can't stop cyring! Needed to come to Al's place to cheer myself up. :help

Bexter said:
This one really works for me, espeically if you focus on the sound of the fan and the feeling on your face and i know this sounds silly but sometimes I imagine the sounds of the fan is actually a plane engine and I'm flying off to some peaceful location to sit under a palm tree with a cocktail in a half coconut cup LOL!! Works everytime!

No trouble sleeping at the moment, had minor surger Thursday and have been out of it from aneasthetic ever since (hence spelling mistakes) Also feeling really REALLY down, worse I've felt for a long time, obviously a side effect, I can't stop cyring! Needed to come to Al's place to cheer myself up. :help

Here's a couple pics I found on a site I use to cheer myself up, Bexter. I hope they work for you as well :angel. One to the note of sleep and another one just to be silly.

0000unny-pictures-kitten-falls-asle.jpg

00000000hahahatak128572591589487965.jpg

I love the cat jokes. That reminds of me a friend who lives across the country who e-mailed me a whole bunch of em'. Of course, I had to go and delete them...

If I ever get anymore, I'll show you.

:lol The cat :lol is on the :lol lawnmower :lol with that look :lol:lol:lol

LMAO those cats! LOL that cracked me up lol :) I needed the laugh today :) Crow I think I might have alot of stress indeed might be why I cant sleep. I fianlly got some this morning I think about 8 hours so that must be good :)

omg thats wonderful Crow ((Hugs)) I managed to get some myself in the last few days finally LOL I keep dreaming that I am leaping still and Al is still there I must have it bad for sweet Al LOL How are you doing today?

AlyssaCalavicci said:
For me I just fell asleep unsure how I managed that LOL guess my body gave out then lol

Pretty much the same. But it's 2:21 AM over here and I still haven't fallen asleep yet. :( I tought for a moment, my trouble sleeping had gone away. Anyway, congratulations Alyssa.

Aww Crow I hate when that happens ((Hugs)) I hope you can get some sleep soon and thanks sweetie I wonder if my leaping dreams will stop though Im not complaining I do like dreaming about Al LOL I hope you can get some sleep soon.

Sounds like me sometimes do you have Bendryls or something that could make you sleep I use to take them before and they knocked me out

I remember one time taking some natural herb that was supposed to aid in sleep. I don't remember if it worked, but something that might help sleep (just a suggestion) is herbal tea.

This is something I tried ages ago and it worked, I should try it again. People say that coffee is supposed to make you more awake and alert, but if you just make a strong cup of coffee and just inhale the aroma (even slowly drink it if you like), you feel tired and you fall asleep almost as soon as your head hits the pillow.

I've suffered sleepless nights for around fifteen years.
Got into a habit of waking frequently when the kids had whooping cough, which with asthma to complicate it meant six months of being disturbed every twenty minutes or so.
It was partly this which got me writing fanfic, since thinking of plots was better than being frustrated at not being able to sleep.
Of course on the other hand friends say I don't sleep now due to a guilty conscience over all the cruel things I do to Sam in my stories!

Somebody recommended camomile tea to help me sleep as it is supposed to relax you.
It doesn't help me sleep, but I think it makes me less stressed about being awake!