Quantum Leap: Season 4 (R2) on DVD June 12, 2006?

Grimlock

Project QL Intern
Nov 6, 2005
The Netherlands
This is what i've found on play:

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page=title&r=R2&title=898834&p=57&g=72&pa=sr

It is all early days (no cover, no number of discs and no features), but if this is true (i recall the date for one of the earlier releases being put back by a few weeks) then it would be great news!

I will offcourse try to look out for any updates in the coming few weeks on this release (amazon for instance hasn't got it listed yet).

RE: QL S4 Region 2 release date.

Grimlock said:
This is what i've found on play:

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page=title&r=R2&title=898834&p=57&g=72&pa=sr

It is all early days (no cover, no number of discs and no features), but if this is true (i recall the date for one of the earlier releases being put back by a few weeks) then it would be great news!

I will offcourse try to look out for any updates in the coming few weeks on this release (amazon for instance hasn't got it listed yet).
Thanks for that, I've been wondering about the date for ages. Hopefully we wil l get season 5 not long after - I hope.

BlueSovereign said:
Thanks for that, I've been wondering about the date for ages. Hopefully we wil l get season 5 not long after - I hope.

Maybe,Quantum Leap The Complete Fifth Season (R1) on DVD will be released on September or October.I really want that Universal take his time for do Quantum Leap Season 5,because I really want special features (behind scenes,interviews and bloopers) and all original music.

DivadSB said:
Maybe,Quantum Leap The Complete Fifth Season (R1) on DVD will be released on September or October.I really want that Universal take his time for do Quantum Leap Season 5,because I really want special features (behind scenes,interviews and bloopers) and all original music.

If you take a close look at all the TV-series stuff Universal has released on DVD so far you will realize that the probability of special features on QL S5 is going to be less than zero.

Nice to know it's coming out, but I'll have a baby by then and I don't know if I'll be able to afford it :cry ahh sod it. It's Quantum Leap. I'll find a way!

ziggysego said:
I'm still bleeped off that Universal are including Liberation on Season 4 and passing it off as Bonus Material.

Well they've been doing that on all their TV sets. Magnum always has a bonus feature of a future season episode.

ChickenStu said:
Nice to know it's coming out, but I'll have a baby by then and I don't know if I'll be able to afford it :cry ahh sod it. It's Quantum Leap. I'll find a way!

It's good to know you have your priorities straight. :) Congratulations!

A big thanks goes to a member of my Wings board for posting this over there:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=5118

I know it's already been mentioned in this thread and that Liberation, for some strange reason is included as a bonus feature, but there are "sneak peaks" and a "Great 80s TV Flashback". Now that's close to what we want but no cigars for the Universal executives. I was excited when I saw it for the first few seconds, but then I realized it's most likely nothing to be too excited about. Liberation as a bonus feature?!?! It's all Greek to me. More like Latin, which is a dead language! :lol

Steve
RossBeckett

Well, i'm a bit annoyed that we have to wait till june! to get it over here in the U.K. but i'll be paitient, for good things come to those who wait, as the saying goes.

And i'm glad it looks as though there is going to be some bonus materials, as the season 3 boxset didn't include any. Not that i'm saying the episodes alone are not pure gold.

And including a episode from season 5 makes perfect sense to me, cause it just make you want to buy the season 5 boxset when that eventually arrives.

Anyway, roll on June 12th! cause i wanna see season 4 dammit! ;)

alsplacebartender said:
I'm not seeing anything about June for a Region 2 release. It now says December 6, 2006.

Depends if play.com is using American or British dating:

12/6/06 is 12th of June to us and the 6th of December to you guys.

On further investigation, I clicked on a link for 'Transporter 2' on dvd, that said 'countdown to release 28 days, and it says due on 27/3/06 - so it looks as if they use the British order of dating!

Yay, that means it is a June release for QL S4

Last edited:
leaper1 said:
Depends if play.com is using American or British dating:

12/6/06 is 12th of June to us and the 6th of December to you guys.

On further investigation, I clicked on a link for 'Transporter 2' on dvd, that said 'countdown to release 28 days, and it says due on 27/3/06 - so it looks as if they use the British order of dating!

Yay, that means it is a June release for QL S4

play.com is a UK site. So fo course s going to use the the British format.

headshrinker said:
play.com is a UK site. So fo course s going to use the the British format.

I did have a shock there for a while (thinking they had actually moved the date). But yes, it's a British site so to have releasedates in the American style (which aren't used in Europe anyway.......I think) would seem a bit odd, lol!