View Single Post
Old 09-26-2013, 12:39 PM   #52
Sam Beckett Fan
Senior Leaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donofrio_QLTD View Post
Hahaha! I actually played with this idea in my head for a very long time years ago. Sam appearing as the Devil himself. I could never, for the life of me, figure out how it all would've played out. It struck me as almost impossible. But Devil Sam appearing while the real one is on another completely different place and mission... wow, very plausible.

I saw this episode today again (for like the 50000 time). I just couldn't resist. How great it still is! Do not watch it at night. What a creepy music! Even at the ending with the Stevie reference, when it's supposed to be calming down a little, it's still very unsettling. Love how Stevie drives his car at the beginning, the way he breaks in reverse: Just the way Christine drove herself in the movie. Quite funny. And it made me remember how it disturbed me the first time I saw it because everyone seemed to hear Al. I remember thinking what a strange house that was, full of probably even demonic people who could hear Al. One thing I kept noticing today: Fake Al is always looking at Sam directly, no matter who Sam is with at the moment. Somethig the real Al never does. One part where this is clearly seen is when Sam has his encounter with Ben Masters at Mary's house. It's almost as if fake Al is studying him or something. We later learn that he's actually watching his reactions and enjoying them ("That was priceless!"). I kept thinking that for any first-time viewer this episode is definitely going to be soooo scary. It still has that spark, even after two long decades.
The Devil Sam idea is so rough in my head I barely tried to make sense of it for some reason. Perhaps because it is just a random thought but I can't find a way to bring it all together in a clear picture myself.

Hmm, honest;y I am unsure if I have ever watched the episode at night before though I have watched it just about 50,000 times as well. It's one of my favorites. I might have watched it right before bed once, for some reason the memory is nagging a the back of my mind the question is if it's real or not. And bedtime for me (as of recently not on a school night) is 2am haha.

-=-=-=-=-
Icon made by the lovely Ladystoneheart with the beautiful screen captures of StrayStar.
Signature made by me.
My QL screen capture collection: http://s1366.photobucket.com/user/Sa...?sort=3&page=1
Sam Beckett Fan is offline   Reply With Quote