The Handlink

NeuroMason

Project QL Intern
Feb 25, 2007
USA
Hey all, ive got the handlink thing down.. lol im on my second one now!! IF anybody would like one just let me know.. Check it out...!!! and let me know whatcha think...

Here are a couple of photos of the new one im making... Just started it 10-13-07 and worked on it today as well 10-14-07. This is what it looked like at the start and then 8 hours later. lol Of course not finished yet. I still have to add Much more acrylic to the Back and a few more to the Front. The L.E.D's go in next with the flasher pod and switch and then i'll put in the EEPROM. (for recorded sound effect of the handlink from the show squealing etc..) If you look close enough you can see that this one is slightly different from my first. This one is "The Leap Back" version. Not much different but enough for any fan to notice.

Note: The first 2 pics are my first Handlink... The other 3 is the one i just started.8)

Attachments

• 0912072018.jpg
    0912072018.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 67
  • 0912072015.jpg
    0912072015.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 71
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 52
  • aa.jpg
    aa.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 44
  • aaa.jpg
    aaa.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
That's a very good effort you've got there. May I ask what you used for the colored materials? You should also have that posted on the handlink page on this site.

Thank you very much! Thats my first one, im on my second one now... I used Colored Acrylic. Handlink lights up and has sound effects from the show... (small button in the middle) Im making the "leap back" version now.. Not much different but a true fan would notice. also, i do have pics of this handlink in the "Imaging Chamber" stay tuned for the new pics of the other handlink im making to be on here very soon!! i started it yesterday and have been working on it today.. probably have it finished by mid next week.

Another photo

Here is Another photo of my second handlink ... Its starting to come together... I have to add the Pieces to the Back Panel (backside) of the handlink and then im gonna add 60 Miniature L.E.D Lights inside it along with the sound effects pod... My other one turned out Great and so is this one.. my next one after this one is gonna be even better!!

Attachments

• hand-link.jpg
    hand-link.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 54
More Photo's... :)

Here are some more pics... One pic of Both my Handlinks (1) The first one i made. Complete with authentic lights and sound. (2) My new handlink thats still in the works.. but almost there.. the second version i built is to mimic the handlink from "the leap back" if you look closely at some of the shapes of the acrylic you can see a bit of a difference. :hat

:NOTE: The first pic is of them both.. (original on the left, and new one on the right) Then, the next 2 pictures are of the new handlink.. the last 2 pictures are of the first one i built.

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 47
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 51
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 43
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 46
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 48
Those are by far the best replicas I have seen so far. I know the subtle differences you're talking about (the yellow and blue blocks on the top left are slightly different). You've definitely got to make more and sell them!

thank you...

Thank You very much... I'll tell ya though.. It takes alot of patience with these!!! lol Maybe im crazy but i spend soooo much time on them!!! Like for example, tonight i started putting the L.E.D lights and flasher unit inside the new handlink and it took me 2 full hours to get 3 blocks finished!!!!!! i have to individually mount each light and then wire them so they flash together.( each block that is) sometimes they don't want to co-operate.. lol So i only do 2 or 3 blocks per night... That way i don't get frustrated and mess anything up... also, im working on getting some more made... as soon as i finish the second one im gonna start a 3rd one and so fourth... id like to have 10 completed and ready in case anybody wants one..

Well, right now i only have 2... well actually 1 and 1/2 :D but once i get a few more built id be willing to sell them a bit cheaper... but right now it would cost around 500 dollars... but like i said, ALOT of work has gone into them and also ALOT of research to get as close to the original as possible.. these arent just "thrown together" ... Every single piece of these are cut from transparent colored acrylic! The measurements are exactly like the original... except mine actually has sound effects! lol not even the original prop did that.. :)

NeuroMason said:
Here is Another photo of my second handlink ... Its starting to come together... I have to add the Pieces to the Back Panel (backside) of the handlink and then im gonna add 60 Miniature L.E.D Lights inside it along with the sound effects pod... My other one turned out Great and so is this one.. my next one after this one is gonna be even better!!

That doesn't look like a handlink! It looks like a rotten pile of gummy bears! :p

Matthew

This seems to be coming on very well. I wish I had had talent enough for such fine craft! Unfortunately, the best I can do is an origami crane.

ha ha... well thank you.. but ya know, ironically enough i can't even do an Origami Crane! lol however, on a serious note.. ive been thinking about building 1 or 2 handlinks and then auctioning them off for a charity. The Starbright foundation or Adrian Paul's Peace orginization. If i don't do this now, im going to for sure at the Leap Back Convention. Id like to have at least 2 Handlinks made and have AT LEAST Dean sign it and get a picture with the winner of the handlink. Ya know, have like a ballet box and make it to where anybody wanting to enter the drawing could put 20 Dollars in. I mean, This Handlink would Cost quite a bit so if you could win it for 20 bucks thats not to bad.. :) plus its for a good cause... but i'll think more about this idea when the convention gets a little closer.

oh, and to Quantum Matt... lol trust me, i call these a few other choice words sometimes when im building them!!! and there worse than "Rotten Pile of Gummy Bears" !! :) But their well worth it in the end. What i end up with is something that looks like ive reached right into the Television and brought it into my world... id like to Build a Control Console like From the "leap Back" but im not sure what in the world id do with it.. lol maybe i could make myself a "handlink construction Console" lol have it light up and look just like the console from the show.. (don't be surprised if you see pictures of that sometime in the future) lol

oh yeah, im sure i could have a console built by then.. i mean, i just need to figure out how to do it but once i do then actually building it shouldnt be a problem.

Hey, keep watching for more pictures coming soon!! Im gonna also try to get a video either up on you tube or on here if i can so everyone can see how the handlink's look and sound.

NeuroMason...

NeuroMason said:
Hey, keep watching for more pictures coming soon!! Im gonna also try to get a video either up on you tube or on here if i can so everyone can see how the handlink's look and sound.

NeuroMason...

That would be awesome! I look forward to it!

Matthew

Im almost finished with my second Hanlink.. once i buy another USB cord then i'll upload a video or 2 of them onto you tube... i wish i could figure out how to just use my video recorder on my cell phone to upload to you tube.... ive never done that before...