QL Fanfilm Underway!

Hey Chris,
I got another job to add to your to do list. Make sure Marissa's copy of "A Leap to Di For" is PAL compatible.
Marissa :)
PS Just kidding I just wanted to see how much stess you can handle

Ooooh, Marissa... bad girl, bad girl! I was about to have a heart attack. You must have known a PAL pulldown from NTSC was an editor's WORST nightmare. Even with Final Cut Pro, its like the worst kind of assignment to give it! But that was a GREAT prank! HAHAHA

Here's a prelimnary rough draft of the DVD cover.

I can't believe how close it is. I mean, this is the longest planned film I've ever done! I think it was what... June of '07 when I announced this?? WOW.

Chris :)

Ooooh, Marissa... bad girl, bad girl! I was about to have a heart attack. You must have known a PAL pulldown from NTSC was an editor's WORST nightmare. Even with Final Cut Pro, its like the worst kind of assignment to give it! But that was a GREAT prank! HAHAHA

Here's a prelimnary rough draft of the DVD cover.

I can't believe how close it is. I mean, this is the longest planned film I've ever done! I think it was what... June of '07 when I announced this?? WOW.

Yay - you use Final Cut Pro! Mega expensive package, but it kicks a**. I keep telling the morons here [here at work, not here on the site] that Macs rule!

Well folks, this may be the last post for a while... I've got a few things to prepare for this little event out west, ya know. :roflmao: I just finished creating the DVD for this, and with that monkey off my back, its now on to packing up our Control Panel to head out to Leapback. Wish us luck!

Here's the label that will be printed on the face of the DVD.

Good luck Chris. It has been awesome being along for the ride as this move was being made. I won't be at the conn but I look forward to the April release of the movie.

Well folks, this may be the last post for a while... I've got a few things to prepare for this little event out west, ya know. :roflmao: I just finished creating the DVD for this, and with that monkey off my back, its now on to packing up our Control Panel to head out to Leapback. Wish us luck!

Here's the label that will be printed on the face of the DVD.

LOL all wrongs reserved too, that's good to know.

Yea, that "reversed" is funny. I collect *ahem* rare Beatle music, and saw that on a album years ago, and that just stuck in my head for some reason. It was like "All Rights Reserved, All Wrongs Reversed". I'm glad folks are actually reading that because it was intended to catch your eye!!

Thanks everyone!

We had a fantastic turnout for our world premiere of “Quantum Leap: A Leap To Di For”. Most of our cast braved the 3000-mile trek to Burbank to partake in the opening night event of Leapback 2009, and I’d like to thank ALL of you who made the extraordinary effort in attending.

This was the first free screening of our fanfilm to an audience, and I was pleased that the laughs and tears came in the appropriate places. I was taken aback by the event when everything finally came into place… our donated set piece, the two screens it played on, and showing this to one of the original producers of the TV show… needless to say, I was understandably nervous.

At the end, we were all brought up front for a quick “thank you” as we passed the mic to each cast member as we were joined by both Deborah Pratt AND Beth Horn, our two big guest stars for the show. I was truly humbled when Deborah congratulated our fan-based effort, praising our work with little to no budget.

I’m still a little bewildered in the afterglow of the whole thing really. Being in the sunshine of California with my beloved cast was truly a “life moment” for me. Everyone was so incredibly happy and thrilled to just BE there. On a personal note, I was thrilled to see our cast partake in the autograph session we were involved with. We were all treated like stars; given a green room, showed around by the staff, and pampered like celebrities. It was nice, but all along, I kept reminding myself that I had lots of horse poop waiting for me back in Indiana… HAHA. (It kept everything in perspective for me, that way it didn’t go to my head.) But for the cast, I was thrilled to see them get a taste of celebrity-dom. Is that a word??

Our wrap party was especially noteworthy as we had dinner on the Pacific Ocean in Malibu. It was so nice to sit down and share a laugh with folks from home. It just made the night that more meaningful.

My deepest thanks to our fantastic Indianapolis crew and cast for all the big and little efforts it took to make this a reality. I intentionally thanked the spouses of the crew for their sacrifices in letting their loved ones get involved; their sacrifices are deserving of a “shout-out” too. One side note though… I intentionally took a moment out of our “thank you” to highlight that this cast was from Indianapolis. If my memory serves, I remember hearing a collective gasp of awe from the audience. Selfishly, I wanted to show California that it doesn’t take LA budgets or union strangleholds to produce good content.

All the best,

Chris Allen :)

Chris,

You were great, and everything you were saying really came through in the work and we all appreciated being able to see the cast and hear their viewpoints. Also tickled that Deborah had such nice things to say about your production.

A message from director Chris Allen regarding this film that premiered at the convention:

Dear Friends,

Finally!! The fan-film is uploaded and is ready to play! We have two formats available for you... a large and small format. Both are Flash based files (flv), so be sure you have the latest version of Adobe Flash Player installed before viewing the fan-film!

To view the fanfilm, go to this link here: http://racsofilms.com/QL-agreement.htm

After viewing the free fan film, please come back to our message boards and tell us what you think! Well, don’t be crude or vulgar, but we do appreciate your feedback. After all, this was made for ALL the fans worldwide.

I’ll look into providing subtitles for various languages, but it may be some time before I can provide that. Please be patient as this is a one-man operation.

Thanks to everyone, and I hope you enjoy the show!!

Best regards,

RACSO Motion Pictures

A message from director Chris Allen regarding this film that premiered at the convention:

Dear Friends,

Finally!! The fan-film is uploaded and is ready to play! We have two formats available for you... a large and small format. Both are Flash based files (flv), so be sure you have the latest version of Adobe Flash Player installed before viewing the fan-film!

To view the fanfilm, go to this link here: http://racsofilms.com/QL-agreement.htm

After viewing the free fan film, please come back to our message boards and tell us what you think! Well, don’t be crude or vulgar, but we do appreciate your feedback. After all, this was made for ALL the fans worldwide.

I’ll look into providing subtitles for various languages, but it may be some time before I can provide that. Please be patient as this is a one-man operation.

Thanks to everyone, and I hope you enjoy the show!!

Best regards,

RACSO Motion Pictures

I guess this must be pretty popular, because I've tried several times this evening to check it out, and all I get is an error message...

Bandwidth Limit Exceeded

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.

Oh the price of fame!

I guess this must be pretty popular, because I've tried several times this evening to check it out, and all I get is an error message...

Bandwidth Limit Exceeded

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.

Oh the price of fame!

I actually got the exact same message. I thought that it was just me, since, and since I have very limited knowledge about computers, and have no idea what a "bandwidth" is, I figured it would be best if I didn't say anything. But if you're having the same problem, then I guess it isn't just me.

Fixed!

Hello Friends,

Just wanted you to know that I have fixed the bandwidth issues and the sound problems at 43:00 into it. I just tested everything, and we're good to go. Our bandwidth is now set at 658 GB a day, so we're more than covered.

My Hosting Company said I set an all time record of bandwidth used yesterday.

Thank you all for your patience!

Brilliant! (Though the leap-out was a suprise... the script had a verrrrrry different scenario)

Can't wait for your next QL fanfilm Chris :cheers

P.S. I loved reading my name in the credits too :D

Is it too early to ask about the sequel? ;)

This was very intense and serious. If you do another one it would be good to do something more fun. Which was how the show was, each episode was very different in tone from the last one. The next leap you show certainly lends itself to comedy!

Hi all,

Chris wanted me to let you know that he will be away for a period of time and unable to respond to pm messages right now. His mother died and he is taking care of family affairs.

As you may have read earlier in this thread, his father also passed away at the beginning of the film production just a short time ago.

Please wish him well and send prayers.

My condolences to Chris and his family.
So sad that he has lost both his parents within such a relatively short time, and just when they have had a child of their own too. Shame the newborn will not get to know its grandparents.

My thoughts and prayers are with the family at this sad time.

Chris, I am so sorry to hear about your mother. One could only imagine what you must be going through. You and your family are in my thoughts. Take as much time as you need. We will be here when you return and if you need anything else.

I'm terrible at finding the right words for such occasions, but I'm sending you my warmest wishes to make it through this difficult time.