QL Fanfilm Underway!

Very good questions, Angvav. This story won't be tackling any of the hanging threads left from 'Mirror Image'. We do however will be addressing what PQL has been up to since that particular time though, which was fine to write!

Chris :)

Real tangible evidence!

Hi folks,

Well finally some hard evidence that this film is progressing ahead, on schedule and under budget. Two phrases filmmakers like to say. LOL

Anyway, here are some pictures of our set I am building. I’m taking daily progress photos to put in a time lapse photo collage, but the first ones are pretty boring. Today I was able to place together the Imaging Chamber ramp and entrance, which is very bare and crude. But its enough to give you guys an idea as to the layout of this set, which I’ve painstakingly tried to duplicate from the show.

qlset1wd6.jpg

The next photo is Al’s main costume for the show… we’ve even matched the insignia too!

qlset2rn7.jpg

Its all coming together!! Our first day of shooting is THIS Friday! :nut

Wish us luck… oh, and remember that it isn’t too late to be a part of this project by joining our Associate Producer program! Shameless self plug, but the wood alone was a fortune!!

Thanks!

Unknownforce said:
any news about actually doing Bold Leap Forward?
(Sorry, RACSO is not involved with that rumored production.)

WOW.
All I can say is, WOW. :hurray:

This weekend’s shoot was great. It went off without a hitch. We started on Friday night, shooting a bunker scene, then it was on to our setups at the Omni, which were luxurious in every sense. I’ve been on some real crappy locations in 15 years, but this was by far the nicest, most plush site I’ve ever shot a movie in. It makes all the difference when you have an air-conditioned room with a nice soft couch waiting on you after a long day of shooting.

I want to thank EVERYONE who is a part of this fantastic cast and crew, and to Marissa who is our sole Associate Producer. (Thank you for your help!) The crew did an extraordinary job… top notch, professional, quick, and fun to be around all day.

This cast is superb. I love actors who enjoy direction and collaborating with me. It makes such a positive difference in a day’s work. Thank you to our entire QL cast who made the sacrifices with their spouses and family to be a part of this extraordinary shoot. It was AWESOME when we finally got our 'Sam and Al' together with the handlink all lit up with the classic cigar... sorry I didn't get a picture of that.

Here are some pics from the set…

This is our bunker scene we shot. In the story, this is where Ziggy has been “compressed” into. See the old computer on the left? That’s Ziggy… but not to fear, she makes a glorious return!!

This is Joshua Ramsey, our lead who is playing Sam.

And the lovely Niki Warner, who is Sam’s love interest in the film.

Now its rest and preparation for next weekend’s shoot!

Awesome pics man. The more I looked through the slideshow the more excited I got to see it. Unfortunatly I am going to have to wait till after the convention to see it as I cannot attend :cry :cry :cry
As I was looking through it I couldn't help notice Josh kind of looks like Jim Carrey. Just an out of the blue observation.

You're right, Jaycol... Josh DOES look like Jim Carey, doesn't he?!

I hope the photographs show just a hint of the manpower and people involved with this production. It really is a logistic Herculean feat on the order of a feature film, folks... this just isn't a cheap homemade fanfilm. We have professional lights, HD cameras, and folks who really know what they're doing.

I'm not bragging, but I'm so happy with all the people who have flocked to this shoot.

Last Night

Oh my...

Last night's shoot was the most challenging by far...

We were right smack in the middle of GENCON in Indy this weekend. It was so unbelievably loud... it took a while to get our lights set (luckily we had just one scene to shoot, but multiple angles), but it was insane. A GOOD insane mind you. (Is there such a thing?)

Plenty of GenCon’ers asked what we were shooting, and LOVED that Quantum Leap was being re-started at least in some way.

Tomorrow is our first scene with Princess Diana. We’re all looking especially forward to that!

Hi, Chris! Hi! :)

I was clickin links in your site the other day and wandered into this forum... and found this thread! So cool!

It's wonderful to see the support of your QL project and the excitement that goes along with it.

I'll be in here from time to time to bump your thread. :p

Can't wait to see you and the rest of the cast on the 23rd! I'm beyond excited about it!

Dee

PS Hi everyone!!

Jaycol said:
As I was looking through it I couldn't help notice Josh kind of looks like Jim Carrey. Just an out of the blue observation.

Oh boy. It begins.

Actually, the first AD and I were brainstorming all day on Sunday between scenes about how we could put my resemblance to said actor to good use.

Kodak Moments

We’ve got about 47% of this shot thus far, and I am very pleased with what we’re getting. I’m glad we’re taking our time and extra effort in making sure this one is right. I’m glad we’re not settling on just ‘good enough’ or ‘okay’.

Here are some of the pictures some of you have been waiting for… Here are our two leads, Joshua Ramsey and Ed Ernstes as Dr. Sam Beckett and Admiral Al Calavicci. It was definitely a nerd moment for me! HAHA

This is Chelsea Rogers as Princess Diana. I’m very impressed with how she looks so much like her. WOW!!!

Well, back to husband duty.

Adios!

Chris

PS: Is this 'our' Dee? WOW!! Welcome to the board!! Hey Ramsey!!!

Yes!! It's 'y'all's' Dee. *grin* Thanks for the welcome!

Hey, Josh! Nice to see you here too. I hadn't noticed that you favor Jim C., but now that it's been pointed out, I totally see it. You can't go wrong lookin' like a star! (Play on words fully intended.)

Halfway There!

Well folks, we're nearly halfway there... Out of 34 total scenes, 15 are in the can. Today, I picked up the acrylic for the Control Panel, and it looks SWEET! I’m spending the Holiday weekend fabricating the boxes that fit atop the control panel’s top.

Saturday was a bit of a scare… my pregnant wife fell down in the tub, and I cancelled the shoot. Thankfully, baby and wife are okay, but it was an ordeal to say the least. I didn’t leave her side all night at the hospital. But it looks like I’ll be moving the final weekend of filming into October since the baby is due mid September.

Today I walked on the set I am building and saw rust and steel remnants all over the floor and imaging chamber doorway. Now I have roofers to keep me company while I am constructing this set mainly by myself. Its literally crunch time as I have less than two weeks to complete this set as we are shooting the Control Room scenes on Saturday, Sept. 6th. We are also in need of some last minute supplies, such as paint, rollers, and liquid nails. Any donations for our Associate Producer program would be greatly appreciated as to ensure this is done in time.

Thanks to all of you who are following this thread, watching it from its infancy to its fruition!

Kirok said:
Well folks, we're nearly halfway there... Out of 34 total scenes, 15 are in the can. Today, I picked up the acrylic for the Control Panel, and it looks SWEET! I’m spending the Holiday weekend fabricating the boxes that fit atop the control panel’s top.

Saturday was a bit of a scare… my pregnant wife fell down in the tub, and I cancelled the shoot. Thankfully, baby and wife are okay, but it was an ordeal to say the least. I didn’t leave her side all night at the hospital. But it looks like I’ll be moving the final weekend of filming into October since the baby is due mid September.

Sorry to hear about your scare - glad both are okay.

This weekend is the big "set" scenes everyone has been anticipating. We'll have the completed control panel lit and running... the imaging chamber ramp and doorway (that actually works) going too!

We'll have plenty of photos to share after, so keep coming back for updates!

It’s been VERY hot here in Indy this week, and has made working on this set unbearable at times. Luckily, the temp is supposed to be 84 tomorrow, which will make for a nicer day hopefully.

What a fantastic shoot... exhausting and grueling, but a productive weekend nonetheless. We’ve deferred the remainder of the scenes until late October so we can decompress and have two little children join our crew’s families. It’s been a GREAT ride thus far, and cannot WAIT to see the finished product!

Here are some photographs from Saturday night’s shoot from the set. Definitely a “geek” moment for all of us nerds! I’m very happy to present our control panel we had specially constructed for this film.

The two stands you see on each side were for support in between takes. By the time we had the cameras roll, we had the lights all blinking and it definitely threw us back to the magnificence and grandeur of the original show. It was absolutely fantastic!

Thanks to all of you who have followed this thread, and our progress. Here’s to finishing this up next month, and to the LeapBack 2009 Premiere!