Al's Wife Question

ohboy

Project QL Intern
May 27, 2008
Northern California
First off, sorry if this was asked before. There were 51 pages of previous Quantum Leap threads, and I didn't want to go through all of them.

Spoiler Alert! (highlight to read)
Is it accepted canon that after the last episode of the series, (Mirror Image), Al was only married once, to Beth? By that, I mean Sam changed history, and Al never got divorced?
Sorry if the question sounded stupid, but I was watching it on ION a while back, and he was talking about his previous wives. Then the question came into my head.

Thank you.

Edit: Sorry if anyone saw that before I added the black bar. Forgot that it would have been a major spoiler if you haven't seen the last episode.

Yes when Sam went back to tell Beth that Al was alive in Mirror Image, she waited for him and they never got divorced. He ended up with with 4 children, all girls.
Bonnie

The editor of the novels said for the purpose of the novels, "Mirror Image" never happened. Changing the backstory like that is called "retroconning."

Speaking of 4 girls - this is a question I have in regards to them.

Did any of them ever work for Quantum Leap?

So for the silly question here!

You're question's not silly. If it makes you feel better, I remembered after hearing the answer to my question on this thread that they specifically said so at the end of the final episode. :nut

So fellows, I ask you to realize the fact that bring Al back to Beth Sam closed his door back home. He changed Al's life time track and there wasn't the couple Sam-Al. By the by the QL project wasn't true...

So fellows, I ask you to realize the fact that bring Al back to Beth Sam closed his door back home. He changed Al's life time track and there wasn't the couple Sam-Al. By the by the QL project wasn't true...

Actually, Don Bellisario has stated more than once that he envisioned the Sam-Al partnership surviving no matter what else changed in the past.

Actually, Don Bellisario has stated more than once that he envisioned the Sam-Al partnership surviving no matter what else changed in the past.

I had thought about that too and always hoped that Sam and Al would still have wound up working on Project Quantum Leap together even though Sam changed history by getting Beth to wait for Al.

I had thought about that too and always hoped that Sam and Al would still have wound up working on Project Quantum Leap together even though Sam changed history by getting Beth to wait for Al.

I remember reading comments similar to this on "A Leap for Lisa" about St. John, and I agree that Quantum Leap would not be the same without the Al-Sam partnership. They compliment, and yet contrast each other, perfectly.

Interesting you say this - this al-sam partnership has got thinking.

Ever since the episode "Killin Time" (I think) where sam teamed up with gooshie for a little while.

I just wandered how sam-al combination would have worked if they didn't work with each other.