New Member: bluedana

bluedana

Project QL Intern
Feb 9, 2006
Massachusetts
Hi, I'm a new member, but I've been lurking here for well over a year. I finally registered to answer a question (ooh, pick me!) so I thought I'd introduce myself.

My name's Shelbey, but I post as bluedana. I'm a married mom of three (ages 9, 4, and almost 2). I'm in my late thirties, which means I'm old enough to have watched QL first-run. I have almost every episode on either DVD or VHS, and I'm looking forward to getting the Season 4 DVD next month. I have my older son hooked, too.

I just took up fiction writing again, seriously, for the first time in years, this past summer. After reading just about every TVS episode in order, I bit the bullet and submitted an episode for the Virtual Seasons, called "Throwaway Girl," which the producers were kind enough to air. I'm a big Scott Bakula fan (much to my husband's chagrin!) so I also write Enterprise fan fiction on another site.

In my real life, I do boring legal stuff.

I hope to chat with you all more soon.

Welcome Shelby!

I read Throwaway Girl--it was fantastic! I hope to read more of your work. Where do you post your Enterprise fan fic?

[bluedana] .....In my real life, I do boring legal stuff.

Hi Shelbey :wavey ... and welcome to the board! I, too, work in the legal field, as a legal secretary/assistant to the best boss in the world.

Let me say here and now just how much I absolutely LOVED "Throwaway Girl!" I'm so glad you decided to start writing again. :) Like others here, I'm looking forward to reading more of your work. I love QL and love writing QL fanfiction for VS, too.

-------
Eleiece

Welcome

A warm welcome, New England Shelbey, from a resident of Old England! LOL

I too thought Throwaway Girl was an excellent story, and look forward to reading more of your stories.

Hope you enjoy it here as much as I do.

Welcome, Shelbey!!!!! So glad you joined us (and that you shared your writing!!!) :hurray:

Welcome to the board Bluedana. It's always good to meet another leaper and a fellow Virtual Seasons writer. I guess that means that I don't have to plug The Virtual Seasons, huh.

I read Throwaway Girl too and I'm pretty sure that posted a reply to it on the Virtual Seasons Message Board. I really enjoyed it.

I am throwing my hat into the Virtual Seasons this year as well. I actually have 3 stories airing in March. (The 3rd, 10th, and 17th)

But Take off youe jacket and stay a while. I look forward to hearing your thoughts about this great show

Welcome! It's much more fun to be active, rather than a lurker, I've found. While I can't comment on your VS story (I'm still very new to it and am currently only starting the seventh season and I'm reading them in order) I will definately have to go check out your Enterprise fic.

Welcome to the board, Shelbey!:wavey This is a great place to talk about Quantum Leap and the people that made the show that we love possible. Can't wait to look at your fan fiction.

:) Donna

"It's not deja-vu. I read this book."
-Sam- Play It Again Seymour

"...don't ask what it's like finishing second in points. Everybody knows what I think of second."
-Dale Earnhardt

"Nothing's going to happen to you while I'm around."
-Wallace Wooley - I Married a Witch

bluedana said:
My name's Shelbey, but I post as bluedana. I'm a married mom of three (ages 9, 4, and almost 2). I'm in my late thirties, which means I'm old enough to have watched QL first-run. I have almost every episode on either DVD or VHS, and I'm looking forward to getting the Season 4 DVD next month. I have my older son hooked, too.

Hi bluedana !

Always great to meet new leapers round here. When I get the chance, I come here and lurk a lot but I do post stuff from time to time when I pay an extended visit here. Its a great board with great people and I've never met anyone who has rubbed me up the wrong way unlike some other boards I've been on. I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay here and if you ever want to chat about anything other than QL, the Off topic realm is a good place to post and read what others have to say.