View Single Post
Old 06-20-2009, 10:41 PM   #1
Night Terror

Default What kind of music do you like?

Well, the title says it all. This is an interesting board full of interesting people, and I'd like to know what kind of music you're all into. If you want to list genres, authors, bands, even music from your childhood, etc., go ahead, don't hesitate to post. Anything goes. Anything you want.

I'll start: I love progressive rock, progressive metal, new age, power/symphonic metal, classical gothic, classical music, piano music, electronic music (the surreal/classical kind, not the dance one, although I used to like it), I like rock-pop, and used to like disco. I also like jazz, rock and some classics from the 60's, 70's and 80's.

Some names (by genre): Progressive rock: Rush, Genesis, Pink Floyd, ELP (Emerson, Lake & Palmer), etc.; progressive metal: Dream Theater; power/symphonic metal: Nightwish; classical gothic: Stoa; new age: Enya, Loreena McKennitt, Yanni, Secret Garden, David Lanz & Paul Speer; classical music: Carmina Burana, Beethoven, Ennio Morricone; piano: Wim Mertens; electronic: Tangerine Dream, Jean Michel Jarre; rock: Electric Light Orchestra, The Foreigner, Styx, Kansas; rock-pop: Heart, Roxette, etc.

I also like some rock-pop from the late 90's, like Natalie Imbruglia or Sixpence Non The Richer. I kinda like Jamiroquai, too, but he's more like disco.

To name a few. I can't wait to hear from you. See you soon.

Last edited by Night Terror; 06-21-2009 at 01:43 PM. Reason: Added something.