James Whitmore Snr. Dies RIP

Yahoo News wrote:
Versatile actor James Whitmore dies
By BOB THOMAS, Associated Press Writer Bob Thomas, Associated Press Writer – 13 mins ago

LOS ANGELES – The son of James Whitmore says the versatile actor has died of lung cancer.

Steve Whitmore says his father died Friday in his Malibu home.

Whitmore was a many-faceted character actor who delivered strong performances in movies, television and especially the theater with his popular one-man shows about Harry Truman, Will Rogers and Theodore Roosevelt.

The Tony- and Emmy-winning actor, who was also nominated for an Oscar, was later known as the long-time pitchman for Miracle-Gro plant food.

-------------

James Whitmore Jnr's father.

Yahoo News wrote:
Versatile actor James Whitmore dies
By BOB THOMAS, Associated Press Writer Bob Thomas, Associated Press Writer – 13 mins ago

LOS ANGELES – The son of James Whitmore says the versatile actor has died of lung cancer.

Steve Whitmore says his father died Friday in his Malibu home.

Whitmore was a many-faceted character actor who delivered strong performances in movies, television and especially the theater with his popular one-man shows about Harry Truman, Will Rogers and Theodore Roosevelt.

The Tony- and Emmy-winning actor, who was also nominated for an Oscar, was later known as the long-time pitchman for Miracle-Gro plant food.

-------------

James Whitmore Jnr's father.

I'm kind of surprised that no one has responded yet. He was a great actor indeed. I just saw "The Shawshank Redemption" (for like the 50th time) like two weeks ago and man, his character there (Brooks Hatlen) was amazing. It always is, of course... His acting in "The Magestic" was great, too, even if he was not one of the main characters. I may not have seen all of his work, but he will be greatly remembered and sadly missed. A veteran (and versatile) actor, just like Dean. Kind of underrated, too.

"Brooks was here."

RIP.

I'm kind of surprised that no one has responded yet. He was a great actor indeed. I just saw "The Shawshank Redemption" (for like the 50th time) like two weeks ago and man, his character there (Brooks Hatlen) was amazing. It always is, of course... His acting in "The Magestic" was great, too, even if he was not one of the main characters. I may not have seen all of his work, but he will be greatly remembered and sadly missed. A veteran (and versatile) actor, just like Dean. Kind of underrated, too.

"Brooks was here."

RIP.

Lord, I completely forgot that he was in Shawshank Redemption. Great movie, and he had a great role in that movie. Goodbye, Mr. Whitmore.

I remember James Whitmore from the movie Give gem hell Harry. About President Truman. He looked like him too. May the family know that God will be with them.
He will be missed. I bet he is in heaven with the real President Truman.

So sad,The ranks are thinning.
His son James Whitmore Jr. is a great guy too.
His portrayal of Freddie Beamer in "The Rockford Files" was priceless!