Quantum Mistakes

Sam Beckett Fan said:
I could have sworn he said that too, and I could swear I remember him using the phrase "baby blues". I have only seen that ep twice myself though, Its on my least fav list as well.

"I was only a kid when Marilyn was at her peak, but in college, I used to love sneaking off to the movies so that I could get lost in the magic of those big luscious blue eyes. Al, on the other hand, had been around for the real thing."

You're right - he does say he goes to the movies. In the 70's, though, it wasn't all that rare for classic movies to be replayed in theatres.

Oh ok yeah and he says blue eyes in some manner so I was close enough in that area hehe. Yeah I figured it was a re release I mean thats how I saw Snow White when I was little. Obviously it was way before my time but they re released it.

Sam Beckett Fan said:
thats how I saw Snow White when I was little.

Want to hear some completely off-topic trivia? The voice of Prince Charming in Snow White was provided by...

Harry Stockwell, Dean's dad. It's his best-known role.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled bloopers. :D

Yep I read about that in a google web result I found while searching for QL stuff. Pretty cool. But yeah back to the subject the thing about Sam going to the movies to see her eyes is one of few things I remember cuz like I said I dont watch that ep as its not on my favs list.

While I was brushing my teeth this morning I randomly thought of something that I think is a mistake. In One Strobe Over the Line towards the end when Edie passes out from the pills that Helen slipped into her coffee Sam kneels beside her to take her pulse and he lays his hand on her heck in such a way that his thumb is on her pulse. Well being a doctor shouldn't he know that the thumb has its own pulse and therefore you cannot feel another's with it?

EDIT: watching the ep now I noticed something else. At the end of the dinner party scene, as Sam is leading Edie out of the resturant if you look really quickly you can see that the back of Sam's dress shirt was splatted with cake or some kind of food near the shoulderblade. Then when they get back to her apartment she starts getting upset that she can't quit her pills and he takes her in an embrace; turning his back to the camera and you can clearly see that his shirt is now clean. Did you pit stop at the dry cleaners on the way home Sam? hehe.

Last edited:
Sam Beckett Fan said:
While I was brushing my teeth this morning I randomly thought of something that I think is a mistake. In One Strobe Over the Line towards the end when Edie passes out from the pills that Helen slipped into her coffee Sam kneels beside her to take her pulse and he lays his hand on her heck in such a way that his thumb is on her pulse. Well being a doctor shouldn't he know that the thumb has its own pulse and therefore you cannot feel another's with it?

Actually, the use of one's thumb to palpitate the pulse at the carotid artery is acceptable. Here's the relevant information from Wikipedia:

Pulses are manually palpatated with fingers. When palpating the carotid artery, the femoral artery or the brachial artery, the thumb may be used. However, the thumb has its own pulse which can interfere with detecting the patient's pulse at other points, where two or three fingers should be used. Fingers or thumb must be placed near an artery and pressed gently against a firm structure, usually a bone, in order to feel the pulse.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pulse

From the book Clinical Methods:
The index finger or thumb can lightly compress the artery during auscultation of the heart.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/bv.fcgi?rid=cm.chapter.576

and finally a worksheet from George Washington University

Palpate the carotid pulsation
  1. Place your left index and middle fingers (or thumb) on the right carotid artery
    1. Note amplitude and contour of the pulse wave
    2. Never palpate both carotids simultaneously
  2. Use your right fingers or thumb to palpate the left carotid artery
  1. www.gwu.edu/~med08/worksheets/physical%20Examination%20Checklist.doc (this will ask you to download or open a MS Word document)

Well I don't really trust wikipedia but I trust you Julia so thanx a lot for the information. I am definietly no medical experyt I just know what I heard. I get it now Sam was using the correct area of his thumb so that it worked.

Another Blooper alert.
I am watching LHO and its the part where Sam is him as the young marine Private and he's loading a gun and talking to Al. They begin a conversation where Sam tries to convince him that he had previously been in Oswald just barely before the JFK assassination.
"Just a few minutes ago it was six years from now and who's ot say that won't happen again. In November with me at hge Texas School Book Despository. Oh my god if that happens maybe I can stop the assasination."

when he says "Maybe I can stop the assasination" he tilts his head down and you can see that Scott's lips are not moving yet somehow he said the line. Perhaps our favorite scientist has a secret degree in vantrilliqusim lol.

In Catch a Falling Star, Sam sees Nicole at the beginning of the play (and the episode), as she's standing in the opposite wing from him, wearing a pink dress cinched with a belt. "Dulcinea" is dancing at the front of the stage. At the end, Nicole is "Dulcinea," and Sam is about to go on in John O'Malley's place. Now, look into the opposite wing - you'll see Nicole standing there, in her pink dress, even though she's supposedly dancing on stage as "Dulcinea."

I watched "Another mother" and...Have you noticed that toward the end of the episode when one of the kiddnaper glancing in his side mirror of their van and you see the reflection of sam's as the mother in the mirror...She's getting out from the wrong door?!

TessCrazy said:
Just watched one strobe over the line - noticed that there's a bit in it where the lion is stood on a table and walks through Al - i thought to myself, cant animals see Al? you'd've thought the lion would have tried to walk round him... was jus a lil thing i noticed

--
Tess
From way, way back. I was watching How the Tess was Won, and Sam's in the vet's house. He notices that the raccoon can see Al. Al replies that children and some animals can see him. So, apparently, lions are one type of animal that can't.

Yeah but then in The Wrong Stuff when Al enters Cory gets really excited:

Sam: Al she can see you?
Al: of course she can all animals can see me.

Well, one of those is a mistake, then. Anyway, it doesn't surprise me that the lion would ignore the hologram. From what I understand, real cats regularly ignore real people unless catnip is involved. ;)

Well back at the time of When the Tess was Won all the concepts were still being descovered so the reference in The Wrong Stuff is probably more accurate. But yes Male lions tend to be very lazy creatures they don't really take an interest in humans unless one bothers them like Snowball felt Edie had.

bluedana said:
Well, one of those is a mistake, then. Anyway, it doesn't surprise me that the lion would ignore the hologram. From what I understand, real cats regularly ignore real people unless catnip is involved. ;)

My cat attempts to walk through me on a regular basis. But since I'm not a hologram, she fails. :D

Another interesting thought about animals is that they learn so much through smell--but they can't smell Al. The hologram is visual and audio only. This might explain Al's comment in "Tess" that animals seem to be intimidated by him. They can see him, but since they can't smell him, they don't know what to make of him. But I guess it takes more than a hologram to intimidate a lion.

Snowball was also on a search and destroy mission, so I doubt anyone or anything was going to get in his way. Anyway, I wouldn't take many rules established in the first season that seriously anyway, as there are many, many inconsistencies with later episodes. For example, we don't see the government committee suddenly appear once they grab Al in "Star-Crossed." Or, of course, how Al only sees the aura of the person he's leapt into in the first season but later on sees Sam.

Yeah I was also consitering that, that someone bothered Snowball and he was set on telling them to back off so why would Al be of importance.

Last edited:
I know. It's not always necessary to comment on every post. Sometimes it can end up looking more like littering threads as opposed to adding new thoughts/opinions (not that that's what you were doing). Sometimes we reiterate certain points unintentionally, and it doesn't mean any of your posts were overlooked, Cyd. I was more or less just trying to add a little more to what you said.

Yeah Sorry for the post (which was removed for everyone else's information) but I guess we have no more to discuss on the lion since it was determined that it was not a mistake.

Ok so I am not sure if this is really a mistake but I found it a little strange. I decided to do my workout today with a QL episode and I picked Good Morning Peoria. As I am watching the beginning where Sam has finished (poorly) reading the ice cream commerial and then needs to play a new record. He doesn't seem to know how to do it and is confused when the record won't play so Rachel and that other guy have to make motions with their hands to remind him to put th needle down. Well shouldn't Sam know how to work record player? That's all there was back when he was growing up, CDs did not exsist.

Sam's confusion doesn't lie in not knowing how to operate the turntable but, rather, from not knowing what's expected of him after he reads the commercial. Rachel and Brian are prompting him to put on another record - not instructing him on how to do it.

Sam Beckett Fan said:
No after he read the commercial he quickly ended it with "And now Tooty Fruity" so he was well aware they he needed to put another record on.

I think the "...and now Tootie Fruitie" refers to an icecream flavor - not the song since the song that was playing as Sam leaped in was Tootie Fruitie.

Last edited:
I'm cracking up because in Double Identity, which is set on November 8-9, 1965, Sam says he was 10 years old in the fourth grade. None of his advanced degrees is in math, apparently, because he was born in August 1953, which would make him 12 (and presumably in sixth grade) in 1965.

Well he is good at science and Math and science kind of need eachother and there are other episode where it is suggested that he is good at math. So this was likely a script error or Sam's swiss cheese memory caused him to be a little off.