The Cheer-leaping Squad!!!

What do you most expect at next year's event?

• Total voters

Classical Theories

Project QL Intern
Sep 13, 2007
Orlando, Florida
www.marcblee.org
OK,

As your official MC <insert ego innoculation here>, :wackoI know what it's like to have to "wait" a solid year before the excitement becomes a reality.

The committee
h025.gif
will continue to make this a reality by planning what is needed for you all to actually HAVE a reality. Half of the work <tickets, hotel, guests> is already done and I expect a sell out show soon.

This topic serves as no complicated purpose, but to simply root for the people behind you having a once in a lifetime experience and as someone who have attended many of those, never underestimate what you will be doing in a little less than a year from now.
e055.gif

Let's hear some impressions of what you expect, fantasies to experience, friends you've never met and the worst thing that could possibly happen to you <god forbide> on this trip <Marc sucks onstage. Can't we hire a clown?>

This will obviously be a year long discussion so what better time to start than now.

OH! And btw, why are there so many freakin' Aussies and Brits invading my country? When did you guys get cable? You better be wearing red, white and blue when you get off that plane or I'm calling Simon Cowell and Paul Hogan <real American heroes> to start kicking some butt

Classical Theories said:
OK,

As your official MC <insert ego innoculation here>
Ok Mr MC, Majestic Commander; Muscular Chieftain; (thats really a word, i looked it up) Manager of the Chaos; Melodramatic Cronie (I'm so glad i'm on the other side of the world here, disclaimer: over here Cronie is a word you use to tease someone who's older than you, i looked it up to make sure it wasn't something offensive in US and it told me it basically means "the main man" - and you are)

I wrote about why I wanted to come in my blog on my space http://www.myspace.com/bexter71aus if anyone feels like reading it "PND and the 3 year abyss"

but on Sunday I was reading Al's place thinking, "Its a shame I can't go by myself because............ there will be so many people to meet up with i won't be alone, I really need a holiday from being a mum, wife, worker etc......... after what I've been through the last 3 years I need something to look forward to........... what happened to my adventerous spirit, i want it back.... etc etc and then... WHY CAN'T I!!

So I walked into my hubby and said, do you mind if I fly to america next year to go to Leap Back and he said "Ok, if you want" so that was it, i rang my sister and told her and by the time I'd hung up she'd looked up airfares and promsied to make me whatever clothes i want.

I can't explain what I'm expecting very well, I have no idea what US is like, I've never been there I only know what I see on TV and to me it seems really really scary, crowded and huge, and the thought of arriving in the US with no one and no one to meet me really does terrify me, but i'm still coming. I expecting to make some great friends, and I'm expecting that leaving is going to be a little more heartwrenching than I think, although I will be looking forward to coming home. I'm expecting to dance, and I'm expecting to drink (not too much) and I'm just expecting to have a good time.

What could go wrong for me? I may not make it for some reason, but thats about the only thing that would ruin it for me.

Classical Theories said:
OH! And btw, why are there so many freakin' Aussies and Brits invading my country? When did you guys get cable? You better be wearing red, white and blue when you get off that plane or I'm calling Simon Cowell and Paul Hogan <real American heroes> to start kicking some butt

You realise that we have organised this as a precursor to world dominiation, you think we are coming for leap back but we are REALLY all spies coming on a reconisence mission so we can establish your weaknesses and use them to our advantage. :bs_flag

Bexter said:
You realise that we have organised this as a precursor to world dominiation, you think we are coming for leap back but we are REALLY all spies coming on a reconisence mission so we can establish your weaknesses and use them to our advantage. :bs_flag

Funny, I always thought it would be the Canadians.

Yes, it will be a long year indeed.

Yes we can probably spend all year discussing who in the end is going to dominate the world, but really, who gives a crap....... as long as it not until April 2009 and we all get to go to Leap Back. But the real important issue is actually, what are we all looking forward to when we get there!! Who's going to party all night, who's going to be boring and go to bed early (actually it will proabably be me) who are you looking forward to meeting most.... the questions and possiblities are endless so get typing!!!

Bexter said:

Exactly! The United States of America will soon become the 7th through 56th United States of Australia. :cheers

When you do join the United States of Australia, the first thing you will be doing is calling it a PRAWN! And of course you can bring the beers, as long as it is not a Fosters - why do you think we export that stuff!

ris768 said:
When you do join the United States of Australia, the first thing you will be doing is calling it a PRAWN!

ROFLMAO :roflmao:

This thread is going so way off topic, but gosh its funny!! :lol

Hopes and expectations for the con everyone, hopes and expectations!!!!

Ok my hopes and expectations.

Expectations - meeting Scott and Dean in person, preferably not naked, unless we can leap back 20 years, afterall their bodies are not what they used to be!

Hopes - I would love to meet two actresses that appeared in QL episodes. One was Kiki in "Nowhere to Run" and the other was Vanessa in "Leaping of the Shrew". I wouldn't mind meeting Bruce McGill - I loved his characters in Genesis and Mirror Image.

alsplacebartender said:
Megastars Jennifer Aniston and Brooke Shields have been invited but their agents have not responded. :(

What??? They are megastars!!!

Surely they got their megastardom from having appeared in Quantum Leap. And if that was me, I would want to give back to the show that launched my star status! :p

ris768 said:
Ok my hopes and expectations.

Expectations - meeting Scott and Dean in person, preferably not naked, unless we can leap back 20 years, afterall their bodies are not what they used to be!

Hmmmmm.... I wouldn't mind leaping my body back 20 years, it was much better looking back then too. :banghead

Classical Theories said:
Hey dragon: If we do join you guys, can I have a shrimp on the barbie? Seriously. I'll pay. I'll bring you a Budweiser for it. Please? Pretty Please?

A part of Austrailia. HA!!! DREAM ON KOALA BEAR!!!

OK - now THAT boils my blood! A koala is NOT, and I repeat NOT a bear! It's a marsupial.

If you were a whale (a mammal) would YOU like it if everyone called you a fish?!

They're NOT - believe me, an Aussie would know. It's just another classic case of Americans screwing up the English language. A koala is just a koala.

Ok naggin. Now your just getting a bit offensive. Your point is noted and filed away. Grow up a bit and get over it please. It's not like that's the only misconception everyone, not just Americans, have about many things, even Aussies. This flag-waving Democratic American will not tolerate your abuse.

If you feel we Americans are screwing up "anything", maybe you better stay home rather than offend the American Quantum Leap actors who obviously have made a fan out of you. They speak screwed-up English too btw.

Get over it and move on please.

I dunno. Technically naggindraggon is right, but people have called them koala bears for years and years and are not going to stop now just cause Nags says to. I do it, everyone over here does it lol.

I love koala bears!!! (The fluffy little stuffed kind) not the real growling kind in Bexters back yard!

Koala bear
Koala bear
Koala bear
Koala bear
Koala bear
Koala bear
Koala bear
Koala bear
Koala bear
Koala bear
Koala bear
Koala bear
Koala bear
Koala bear
Koala bear
Koala bear
Koala bear
Koala bear
Koala bear
Koala bear
Koala bear
Koala bear
Koala bear
Koala bear
Koala bear
Koala bear
Koala bear
Koala bear
Koala bear
Koala bear
Koala bear
Koala bear
Koala bear
Koala bear
Koala bear

Sorry Nags, just hackin' on ya

Oh Gosh this is unBEARable!!!

boom boom!!!

oh hang on what was this thread again...............

My expectation is to be able smack nags across the back of the head when he gets too full of himself!! As long as he'll still sit next to me at the con, and shove me towards the door when I start to hyperventilate from the crowd (I don't do crowds well)