Bonus Features?

Sam Beckett Fan

Re-Writing Life
Jun 3, 2005
medium.com
just curious. has anyone noticed that they only have bonus features on the first season dvds and they SAID on the box that they had em on season two but they don't? why did they only do that for season one?

Check out pages 2 & 3 in this section, SamBeckettfann. Basically Universal re-paid the record companies to re-acquire the original music for the first season (the original music contracts they signed a decade ago didn't include DVDs because no one could have foreseen the DVD explosion). Their typical M.O. is to go out of their way to include features on the first seasons of their shows, and then refuse to pay the record companies again for the rest of the seasons (unless a song is absolutely crucial to the episode).

As for the Season 2 set saying that there are bonus features, it's flat out false advertising. Miraculously, this damn company didn't get sued for it. To cover their butts in the future, Universal NOW puts a small disclaimer, "Music may differ from televised version."

I went so far as to write to Universal regarding the missinf Bonus Features on the Season 2 set. Thus far they have not favored me with a reply. I suspect someone just goofed.

yeah that will usually work, becasue my best friend and i emailed Disney once about something and they gave us a half ass reply that did not even answer our questions. :p

M.i.a.

ziggysego said:
In A Leap For Lisa, I thought that Georgia was crucial to the episode. Al even tells Sam to play it to Lisa earlier in the episode. Most songs I can live without, but Georgia. That really did make me angry. :banghead :censored :sing
I think you meant Beth in "M.I.A.," Dermy. ;)

ziggysego said:
In A Leap For Lisa, I thought that Georgia was crucial to the episode. Al even tells Sam to play it to Lisa earlier in the episode. Most songs I can live without, but Georgia. That really did make me angry. :banghead :censored :sing

It of course was crucial to the episode, but since none of the characters actually sang or hummed any of the song, despite the fact that it was mentioned earlier in the episode, in Universal's eyes it was expendable. I guess they figured the casual viewer would forget about the mention by the time the episode got to the final scene.
:shoot