View Single Post
Old 09-11-2013, 04:41 PM   #36
iMonrey
Waiting Room Visitor

I think this episode was a gamble that paid off. It was risky but well worth it after the very dramatic episode that preceded it (Raped). I can understand how a lot of fans would protest the idea and think they went too far with this one, but I enjoyed it thoroughly as a one-off.

I think the reason it works for me is that by this point in the series, I've bought into the viability of Leaping so thoroughly that I can totally accept that Sam is a chimp. His body language, his head movements, his facial expressions - all perfect. I loved the part where he realized the doctor wasn't going to put the thermometer in his mouth.

There's a scene where that nasty security guard comes in in the morning and taunts Cory and she backs away from the bars, then very hesitatingly reaches for the food only to have the guard bang on the bars and scare her, and I really felt for her. I cannot abide cruelty to animals in any way, shape or form and that scene really got to me. (Yes, I am one of those crazy animal lovers that gets more upset at animal mistreatment than human mistreatment.) And the scene towards the end where Sam is holding her in his arms while hiding behind some barrels waiting for Al to rescue them was so touching you forget how absurd the entire situation is.

Without question, one of the funniest episodes of the series.