QL Fanfilm Underway!

Thanks!

Thanks for the compliments, folks! Its been a hard road, but we were all happy with the final result. I was a sad kid today as I started to tear down the set. But thankfully, we have some cool toys left over with our control panel and handlink!

We've suspended shooting until late October because of my new baby's arrival, which is literally anyday now! :nut Our sound man is also expecting his 2nd, so we'll be some busy Dads for a few weeks here.

Hey Chris, are you still taking donations?

By the way, all the best with the birth of your baby. Make sure you post some pics of bub and let us know of the happy event.

Marissa.

ris768 said:
Hey Chris, are you still taking donations?

By the way, all the best with the birth of your baby. Make sure you post some pics of bub and let us know of the happy event.

Marissa.

Yes, we are! Donations will go towards feeding our cast & crew for the October shoot! Thank you Marissa!! :)

We're still in a holding pattern for the new baby, and anxiously awaiting for him to 'Leap' in!!

Chris :)

The pics look great, Chris! I look forward to seeing more.
It was a fun time... I'm so happy to be a part of this!!!

LA is gonna be a blast!

*drools* Oh, my... the set. The set! It actually looks like the QL Control Room console!

Would you still let fans come on the set and help for a day or so as free labor? Thanks to some serious disruptions to my life, that hasn't been possible for your earlier filming, but I might be able to handle an October shooting. I'd love to be a part of this!

And congratulations on your impending arrival!

(Huh, I seem to be ending everything in exclamation points. Thing that means I'm excited? :b )

Updates!

Hey Folks,

I've updated our website with new pics from the set, and a little more background on the filming of QL.

leap12.jpg

leap16.jpg

LadyKayoss: We resume shooting on October 24, but not on the QL set pictured above. In fact, I tore down the remaining set pieces on Friday. :( Sorry... but we will be at the Omni shooting the final scenes, which you are more than welcome to attend! Just let me know!

Thanks!

Chris
:)

Wow!!

Yesterday, Executive Producer Dave Briggs and I had the immense pleasure in meeting Deborah Pratt, Co-Producer of the original Quantum Leap TV series in Chicago. We all know who she is, and Ms. Pratt graciously agreed to reprise her famous role from the series as the voice of “Ziggy”, the smooth-voiced hybrid computer that ran the project.

In terms of our production, (A Leap to Di For) this cements a considerable amount of validation for our project, thus opening the door to a variety of possibilities down the road for future projects. In simpler terms, this was the biggest day of my professional career.

Meeting Ms. Pratt was fantastic on a number of levels. One was meeting a friendly and welcoming lady of such class and elegance. Two, was her unwavering support and belief in our project, and for the thriving Quantum Leap fanbase that we all agreed exists on multiple levels to this day. Our agreed objective was that our efforts would somehow show the powers that be (Universal, NBC, or whoever) that Quantum Leap is a viable property worthy of considering re-launching in some venue.

Folks, I'm telling ya... having her back as Ziggy put goosebumps on my neck during the recording!! This is gonna be fantastic!! You all are in for a INCREDIBLE feast!!

Of course, the nerd in me had to surface eventually as Ms. Pratt actually read lines that I wrote. WOW. Just… WOW. This makes our Hollywood screening of Quantum Leap: A Leap to Di For at LeapBack 2009 even much more significant!!!

I’m such a nerd, but a HAPPY nerd! HAHA :)

Chris Allen

This is incredible news. The photos really show me that this is a SERIOUS production and I am really excited. Having Ms. Pratt involved is just amazing to hear. I can't think of words to describe except that it looks like the whole team are really putting their heart into this project.

isz said:
Any chance you asked her about her QL project and it's cancelation.

Yeah, we talked a bit about it, but nothing that Brian hasn't already passed along... I could tell it was definitely a bummer though. I'm just glad I'm able to "sort of" provide fresh and NEW QL material for all of us fans.

And thanks, Feldon! It was a great day yesterday! It adds a LOT of credibility to our production, and I was just glad Deborah was so willing to be a part of it.

That is just awesome Chris, I can't wait to see it, which brings me to my question. Seeing some of us won't be able to go to the convention:( :( What are your plans with the film after the Convention? Where can the rest of us watch it afterwards?

If you all ready answered this I apologize and if you did could you direct me to the right place? Again, everything looks great with the film and the fact you got Deborah to be Ziggy's voice again just awesome.

I'm planning on releasing it on our website on Sunday, March 29. I'll launch it live from the 'fest so that everyone can see it. I'll also be breaking it down into six parts on YouTube for those who frequent that site.

I was thinking about getting a domain exclusively for the film, but not sure yet. I'll let you all know!

Thanks, Jaycol!

Chris

Wow - you actually got Debora Pratt to do the voice of Ziggy for you. That's amazing!!! You know for your NEXT QL film, to aim even higher ;)

Kirok said:
LadyKayoss: We resume shooting on October 24, but not on the QL set pictured above. In fact, I tore down the remaining set pieces on Friday. :( Sorry... but we will be at the Omni shooting the final scenes, which you are more than welcome to attend! Just let me know!

Thanks!

Chris

Sadly, thanks to monetary difficulties, I won't be able to join you. *sigh* But I'll be there for the premiere! And should you choose to make another QL fan film... hint hint hint...

Hey, we gotta get new QL somehow.

Hi Everyone! :)

Just a quick update...

We finally wrap production on Dec 6th in downtown Indy, complete with a classic QL ending that is true to the spirit and theme of Quantum Leap. Its funny, classic, and memorable. I can't wait to film it!

Secondly, Sharon Major of 'Project Quantum Leap' recently interviewed me for the latest issue of 'The Observer', which is available on their website located here. A huge thanks to Sharon and the folks at Project Quantum Leap for their interest and time!

Lastly, thanks to all of YOU who have shown your support and belief in this project. Its gaining a lot of positive momentum, building for the premiere at Leapback 2009!

Thanks,

As someone who joined the forum in May, and someone who has only passively watched the progression of this, I must say that everyone is doing such a great job! Makes me sad that I'm not going to be able to attend the convention...

I hope the movie is a big success. This may have been already asked, but are you going to be posting a video of the movie on the website?

It seems absolutely awesome. :)
I'd also like to see it please, as I probably won't be at the convention either.

Looks like you guys are having a lot of fun!