Thread: 406 Raped
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2007, 02:33 PM   #7
bluedana
Accelerator Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoniz
You've hit on the only problem I had with this otherwise excellent episode. Sometimes it seems they did have a bit of a "timing" problem in QL. I really have to suspend my disbelief when watching "Her Charm". All I can say is Sam must have really, really gotten lost for it to take hours for him to get from Boston to the Berkshires. You can drive across the whole state in just about 2 1/2 - 3 hours.
Snort. Especially since it's a straight shot on I-90, east to west. When hubby drives, it's 3 hours; when I drive, it's 2 1/2 - and that's with a pitstop at Framingham.

To be fair, other times they got it right. In So Help Me, God, Leonard is all ready to plead Lila guilty, but Sam screws that up and has to go to trial the next day - after staying up all night reading all the pre-trial stuff. That's plausible. And in Trilogy pt 3, the housekeeper does say that the judge wasn't going to delay the trial any longer, so Sam starts trial within a day or so. But in Raped, it's just . . . no. No grand jury indictment, no arraignment, no bail hearing, no discovery, no trial prep - the ADA doesn't even know what Katie's going to say on the stand, because Sam doesn't know. And no defense lawyer worth a dime would allow the victim to take the stand with all the bruises still on her face. Not to mention that it appears the defense put on its case first, which is unconstitutional in the extreme.

Sigh. It's just a show. It's just a show. It's just a show...