View Single Post
Old 10-14-2002, 09:47 PM   #17
mstalanon
Assistant to Gooshie

Default Round Robin 2 : Part Fifteen

Quickly Sam straddled Al's thighs, placed his hands on his friend's hairy belly, located the ribcage and subsequent diaphram, placed his strong palms above Al's belly-button and shoved upwards in a strong, violent push.

"Breathe!"

Al moved, but it was only with the force of Sam's thrusting movement. Again and again Doctor Beckett forced the diaphram to exert pressure against the lungs, trying to force out the water that was clogging Albert's lungs. Finally, the third movement caused a spray of water to gush out in a geiser-like movement that practically painted young Bobby with the lake water that Al had breathed in. A fourth movement from the Time Travelor finished the initial effort, and Al rolled over with a cough and he ejected the rest of the liquid.

"You okay, Connie?" Bobby said, as he took Al's head in his hands, peering at her eyes.

Al tore his gaze away from the love-struck young man with an effort. "Sure kid, I'm gonna be fine!" He glared at Sam who was doing his best to hide a smile.

<!--EZCODE ITALIC START--> It was about time Al got a bit o' payback,<!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> thought Sam, who did his best to hide his expression. However, the experienced man who was now disguised as a woman knew better, and he punched Doctor Beckett in the arm... hard!

"Ow!" Sam uttered.

"Thanks <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--> Brent<!--EZCODE ITALIC END-->," Al said, and Sam could truly see the gratitude in his buddy. Overcome, Doctor Beckett reached out and hugged his friend. "Okay, okay," muttered Al, embarrassed slightly. "Hey Bobbie, I could really use a cold one, y'know? I got a killer headache going right about now."

The doctor in Sam took over and he began to check Al's coloring bruise. "You need bedrest anyway, <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--> dear.<!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> A bump on the noggin' isn't anything to mess around with."

"Yeah, yeah," Al muttered as he stood up, and then just as quickly, tottered forward. Sam was wary of such a situation and easily caught him in his strong arms, suspecting Al might have an equilibrium problem. Al looked over at two Sam's that were quite fuzzy, and nodded. "Ya might have something there <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--> honey!<!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> I think I'll just go lay down."

"Brent, I'll help Connie back up to the cabin," Bobby said, true concern across his features.

Sam thought that this new turn just might be the key to helping Bobby, and he nodded. "Sure, keep an eye on her. I'll be right up, okay?" Sam had noticed another person walking up to him, and knew without knowing, that it was another hologram.

He watched with quite a bit of humor as Al was literally helped away by Bobby, and couldn't help but wonder what would happen if the young man tried "anything" on Al.

"Hello," he said to the approaching person, who shimmered a bit before him. He frowned a bit. "Something wrong with the imaging chamber? You're image isn't as focused as it should."

The hologram hit a few keypads, and immediately shimmered completely into view.

"Much better," Sam said, and he frowned slightly. He couldn't remember the person in front of him... yet she looked familiar.

"Thank you Doctor Beckett," the Observer said. "This is all a bit new to me. Fortunately, Ziggy was able to re-establish a lock using my mesons and neurons, as they're very compatible with you, as opposed to Admiral Calavicci.

Sam nodded. "That makes sense, since Ziggy has our cells directly in her databanks." He seemed to want to say something else, but held back.

The Observer noticed this and frowned slightly. "You don't remember me, do you?"

Suddenly, an image swam before him, a memory of a previous leap. Now he knew why she looked so familiar. He staggered back and sat down hard, looking up at the hologram in shock. "Sammi Jo Fuller?"

She smiled as she lowered the handlink to her waist. "Correct, Doctor Beckett."

Suddenly, Al's words came haunting back to him as Sam remembered another time, where he was in a stressful situation of a Leapee that had a heart condition - one that Doctor Beckett had felt as if the problem were his own.

<!--EZCODE ITALIC START--> "And she's happy, Sam. She's really happy!"

"How do you know, Al?"

Al had smiled kindly. "Sammi Jo told me. She's here, working on <!--EZCODE BOLD START--> Project: Quantum Leap<!--EZCODE BOLD END-->, and she has a theory to get you home!"
<!--EZCODE ITALIC END-->

He also remembered another time when he literally swam in the sight of another woman that bore such a striking resemblance to the bruenette standing before him.

Sam felt himself stumbling, internally. He now knew <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--> <!--EZCODE BOLD START--> just exactly how<!--EZCODE BOLD END--><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> they were able to use Sammi Jo's neurons and mesons to establish a lock with him back in the late 1950's, for she was undoubtedly a similar neuro and bioligical echo of himself. She even had his photographic memory.

"How's your mother, Doctor Fuller?" Sam asked kindly.
Matt
www.knightshow.com