View Single Post
Old 08-05-2016, 10:47 AM   #155
Lightning McQueenie
Junior Leaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLeaper View Post
I think the writers forgot that leaping takes time. How else to explain Al's knowing the date Sam is in while in the Imaging Chamber? Even with the "one of my ex-wives is suing me today" bit, the leap would have had to be instantaneous for Al to be correct about the date.

Other than the pilot, are there any other episodes that imply that leaping is not instantaneous?

Also, another thought about this episode and "Mirror Image"...If Sam is leaping himself around and his intention actually was to make the world a better place and to put right was once went wrong, wouldn't he remember that in this episode? In this episode, Sam is reacting like someone relieved to be home, having woken up from a bad dream.
Leaping from "Black on White on Fire" where Sam is badly beaten, bloody and bruised, to "The Great Spontini" where he is completely healed. Time must have passed to allow him to heal...

As for Sam's intentions - maybe he subconsciously thought that Al being out there doing some good was enough (especially while he was helping him as the hologram).