View Single Post
Old 03-30-2017, 05:49 AM   #165
Sam Beckett Fan
Senior Leaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLeaper
I would have been like "Really? That's what your subconscious was working on? Not leaping home but targeted leaping".
Those two things are one and the same because if Sam mastered targeted leaping than he could choose to leap home.

When Al the bartender convinced Sam that he'd always had to option to return home but had to accept control of his own destiny to unlock access to it, he was establishing targeted leaping.

Sam leaping into Beth's living room was targeted leaping.

It just wasn't how he'd had it in mind here.

I found his "part of me is Al" logic sound. It was proven that he and Al had exchanged neurons and mesons in the simul-leap. Perhaps it was a stretch, but it made sense.

Now Sam's apparent intent on leaping into 1945 without a word to Donna even in spite of her breathing down his neck has no validity and was purely cold and inconsiderate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_enigma
Once you start looking closely at this episode there are so many problems with it.
I concur.
My perspective has morphed quite dramatically upon this discussion prompting me to notice the easily overlooked details that establish how awful the Sam/Donna relationship is.

Al's behavior upon his return, however, still hadn't occurred to me. That's a good point.
It was quite OOC that his initial reaction wasn't to demand an explanation and a status report on Sam. Or at the very least to demand to know if Suzanne was alright.

-=-=-=-=-
Icon made by the lovely Ladystoneheart with the beautiful screen captures of StrayStar.
Signature made by me.
My QL screen capture collection: http://s1366.photobucket.com/user/Sa...?sort=3&page=1
Sam Beckett Fan is offline   Reply With Quote