Family Guy Quantum Leap crossover

Lightning McQueenie

Project QL Intern
Dec 8, 2005
OK I laughed my arse off when I saw this.

I was watching my Family Guy Series 3 DVD for the first time and on the episode called "The Kiss Seen Around The World" Meg thought she was going to die with Neil (a really nerdy ugly teenage guy) so she kissed him because she wanted to witness what a kiss was like before she died.

Anyway they both survived and Neil started bragging about what happened, and Meg says "Neil I HATE YOU!!!! I only kissed you because I thought I was going to die!"

Meg leaves, and then on the left of screen we see the Imaging Chamber Door open and Al comes out. Neil says "I got her to kiss me, Why haven't I leaped?" and Al says "Ziggy says you need to make her love you back." Turns out that Sam had leaped into Neil to get him and Meg together.

WHAT A SCREAM!!!

I love that show and I love that episode! I too cracked up when I saw that part. Hearing Neil/Sam say, "Don't worry, I'll get her!" just made me laugh so hard I was almost crying.

Samantha Beckett

Gotta love Family Guy.I don't ever get to see new shows, but I downloaded the clip ages ago. The only way it could have been better would be if they had gotton Dean to do Al's voice

Haha...!

That show rules. I see it every sunday at Fox. Wish I get to see that episode you descibed, but entirely.

Sauron said:
That show rules. I see it every sunday at Fox. Wish I get to see that episode you descibed, but entirely.

If you get Cartoon Network, Family Guy is on everyday on Adult Swim (same channel) at 11:30 EST. They show a lot of the earlier season's eps, so you'll likely see it then.

Samantha Beckett

All right...

Ok, thanks for the information. In fact I have Cartoon Network, but I'm not usually staying up at that time. Gotta go to school so early and then to work. I used to watch television until "Tom and Jerry", but not now. I'll check that up, though, thanks. Fox is gonna air the show everyday too, I think (probably they're doing it that way already), but once again, it's gonna be late, so I think I'll have to stick with my sunday evenings.

OMG ANOTHER QUANTUM LEAP / FAMILY GUY CROSSOVER

It's episode 508 called "The Father, The Son and the Holy Fonz." To defy his father, Peter decides to take on a new faith - and in the process "tries out" being a Jehovah's Witness. Going door to door he says "My name's Peter, I'm a Jehovah's witness, here to spread the good news of the story of Jesus Christ." This person at the door actually wants more information, but not knowing what Jesus Christ actually will do, Peter starts ranting and eventually it turns into the starting line of Quantum Leap.

Actual quote: Guy at the door: "Go ahead"
Peter: "Really, wow, um you're the first person who didn't slam the door in my face. Well... Jesus was a miracle worker of sorts. Um, he would travel from place to place, putting things right that once went wrong, and hoping each time that his next leap would be the leap home."

And if that wasn't funny enough, there's a clip of Jesus Christ Quantum Leaping into a new situation. He leaps into the back of a ute which is filled with straw, and the woman he's with starts kissing him. Then some guy comes out with a gun and says "What are you doing with my wife?" Jesus says "Oh boy!" and at the bottom of the screen it says "Executive Producer DONALD P. BELLISARIO."

THAT'S EVEN BETTER THAN THE FIRST CROSSOVER!!!! I NEARLY WET MYSELF WHEN I SAW THIS!

LMBO!! I don't think Jesus ever really went Quantum Leaping, but that is funny!!

naggindragon said:

It's episode 508 called "The Father, The Son and the Holy Fonz." To defy his father, Peter decides to take on a new faith - and in the process "tries out" being a Jehovah's Witness. Going door to door he says "My name's Peter, I'm a Jehovah's witness, here to spread the good news of the story of Jesus Christ." This person at the door actually wants more information, but not knowing what Jesus Christ actually will do, Peter starts ranting and eventually it turns into the starting line of Quantum Leap.

Peter: "Really, wow, um you're the first person who didn't slam the door in my face. Well... Jesus was a miracle worker of sorts. Um, he would travel from place to place, putting things right that once went wrong, and hoping each time that his next leap would be the leap home."

And if that wasn't funny enough, there's a clip of Jesus Christ Quantum Leaping into a new situation. He leaps into the back of a ute which is filled with straw, and the woman he's with starts kissing him. Then some guy comes out with a gun and says "What are you doing with my wife?" Jesus says "Oh boy!" and at the bottom of the screen it says "Executive Producer DONALD P. BELLISARIO."

THAT'S EVEN BETTER THAN THE FIRST CROSSOVER!!!! I NEARLY WET MYSELF WHEN I SAW THIS!

Holy crap!!! When did that episode air??? I missed it! OMG, thats freaking hilarious! A bit sacreligious, but funny nonetheless! I hope thats on again soon...

Samantha Beckett

naggindragon said:

We've gotta get a clip of this to download from this site immediately!!

Okay, did anyone tape that episode by chance? Do you know someone who did? If someone could get a hold of it, we could put it up here. Everyone...search! LOL

Samantha Beckett

QL reference on JAG!

I'm referring to the one that happened in the 8th season of JAG(I think). Bud is in L.A. talking to a record producer, Howard "Howie" Black. Bud followed him outside when Mr. Black was leaving to go to lunch for the 3rd time that day(because apparently "nothing happens in this town unless it's done over lunch.") and after he left, Bud looked down and saw Don Bellisario's star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame and said, "Hey, it's the Quantum Leap guy!" :lol To this day, I wish I still had the tape of that episode. I know I mentioned this here before, but there are new members here. :)

Steve
RossBeckett

P.S. There's also an episode of JAG where it freeze-frames on Michael Bellisario(who played Bud's brother) and his father's name appears:
Executive Producer
Donald P. Bellisario

I have that Family Guy episode on my laptop but unfortunately the computer I use the internet on is far too slow, as is the internet connection, to upload the episode. Sorry guys. I think the file is also too big to send through an email.

I hope you guys can find another copy.

naggindragon said:
I have that Family Guy episode on my laptop but unfortunately the computer I use the internet on is far too slow, as is the internet connection, to upload the episode. Sorry guys. I think the file is also too big to send through an email.

How'd you get it on your laptop?

I'm guessing that the episode could be downloaded using programs like Kazaa or Limewire. I think Limewire is what my sister used to catch up on all of the 2nd season Lost episodes since she's in Japan for a year. I'm not saying it's "legal" per se, but a lot of people go this route to watch episodes of shows they might have missed.

Damon

naggindragon said:

You could hit the "upload" button and let it do it all night as you sleep...or would it be done by then? Hehe...

Samantha Beckett

If someone could give me details of how to upload that episode to the site then I'd gladly try to upload it. No promises though.

This was discussed in the chat room a dew weeks ago, but it was never put up here, so I'll do it!:D In the episode "If I'm Lyin', I'm Dyin'" (a QL quote as well, lol) there is a referrence to Scott Bakula. In the ep, Peter tells the Make-a-Wish foundation that Chris is dying to get their favorite TV show back on the air. They make a reference to this one boy they had in the program who appeared on Hollywood Squares. Here's the scene:

Contestant: I'll pick the dying boy for the block!
Camera cuts to boy, with a IV stand next to him
Host: Okay. What is lower than absolute zero?
Dying Boy: My white-cell count!

Anyway, all the guests burst out laughing, and they pan to a random celebrity to see their reactions, and the very first one they pan to is an animated Scott Bakula. It looks nothing like him, but he had the name plate! I thought that was neat.

Samantha Beckett

Wait... Why have I not seen this episodes?! My sister is obsessed with this show and, through her, I've seen a lot, but never the QL spoofs! What episodes are they?