ql theme

Yeah, season 5 has just started on itv3. And i was like ' what happened to the theme tune?'

It's still okay i guess, but i do prefer the original better, because i believe in that old saying ' if it ain't broke don't fix it.'

I dunno why but whenever i hear the upbeat version, it sounds like someones playing it on an old keyboard, with an effect beat in the background.

Maybe it's just me, or maybe the tune was actually played on a keyboard.

Eh.. i dunno, i'm not no music genuis. ;)

I personally think the Season 5 theme is much better than the original. The original to me seems a little geek-ish (yet I mean that affectionately), whereas I feel the newer upbeat one is more exciting and makes the show seem more interesting in the credits. I understand that fans get attached to certain things and sometimes it can be hard to accept something new. But the show was changing and going in a much needed new direction, and the new theme was just one aspect of that. I would have had the same idea Scott did to change it if I were in his shoes.

Don Quixote said:
I thought that was because Mirror Image was created prior to season 5?

No, but I always thought the reason "Mirror Image" utilized the Season 2 credit sequence and original theme was simply for nostalgic purposes. I never knew until I became a member of the site that it was used for the fans.

My favorite theme version

My favorite theme is the one downloaded on my cellphone! LOL. Well that would mean I enjoy the Season 1 - 4 theme song better as it sounds closer than the season 5 theme...Wait can I take that back, I still like my cell phone ring tone the best as it could be my portable show, and combines with Al's handlink, as I always "fight" :realmad :banghead with my cellphone when it acts up. :)

Hey QL nut. I am from "the Island" originally too.

QL Nut said:
No, but I always thought the reason "Mirror Image" utilized the Season 2 credit sequence and original theme was simply for nostalgic purposes. I never knew until I became a member of the site that it was used for the fans.

North Shore?
South Shore?
just curious...

I dont think I've actually heard the Season 5 theme with the more rock-ish way its played. Didnt I hear that on syndication they dont play that version anymore?

Samantha Beckett

Samantha Beckett said:
I dont think I've actually heard the Season 5 theme with the more rock-ish way its played. Didnt I hear that on syndication they dont play that version anymore?

Samantha Beckett

That's right; Season 5's theme was never aired in syndication. The syndicated episodes also only utilize Season 4's saga cell. You can always check out "Liberation" on the Season 4 set to hear the new theme. :)

QL Nut said:
That's right; Season 5's theme was never aired in syndication. The syndicated episodes also only utilize Season 4's saga cell. You can always check out "Liberation" on the Season 4 set to hear the new theme. :)

Thats good to know. Thanks Chris!! :D

Samantha Beckett

Go here and click the Lee Harvey Oswald Commercial #3. Wait for the download, and watch it. After the saga cell, you'll get to hear the Season 5 theme. Plus, keep watching and you'll get to see the beginning of LHO, which I think was very well done. It's one of my favorite episodes. The LHO theme music is really excellent, IMO. Isn't it on the QL CD? I lost my CD collection :cry, so I don't remember.

I cannot stand the series 5 theme, not because I hate change or am nostalgic, but because it is c**p! There is some kind of annoying brass instrument that has replaced the 'dum dum dum dum, dum dum dum dum' bit (if you know what I mean, it is the bit that the theme starts with). It sounds really cheesy whereas the old theme tune was top! It had some nice string parts. Plus I hate that new electric drum beat, grrrrr!