People you would like to see Sam leap into?

Mesmer Ice

Project QL Intern
Oct 15, 2006
He never was an Asian or Native American person that would have been those would have been good plotlines.I actually would have liked him to be a black rapper in the 80s.It would have been funny seeing him wear a big ol' gold chain and a Kangol hat.

A hockey player would have been good too.

I will post the plotlines later.

Big list here (Hey I got wants):

A Deep Sea Diver
Cabaret Dancer - Nice to see how Sam handles THAT!
NBC Board member in charge of QL's Cancellation.
More people in the 90's and future.
A Rich Texan.
Country Folk Singer - Too cool!
Weatherman in a reeeaaallllyyyy bad storm.
Little 5 year old girl.

Aaah. One can only dream. :)

I actually did a rodette vision with MJ on this very subject, and we came up with a long list of Leapees Sam hadn't yet visited.

Perhaps we can dig it out of the archives and make a thread, and who knows, some of them might even get written!

Mesmer Ice said:
He never was an Asian or Native American person that would have been those would have been good plotlines.I actually would have liked him to be a black rapper in the 80s.It would have been funny seeing him wear a big ol' gold chain and a Kangol hat.

A hockey player would have been good too.

I will post the plotlines later.

my best friend and I talk all the time about how Sam should have leaped into an Asian. I would have also liked to see him leap into a figure skater which is why I have a fanfic started where he does.

Correction

Actually, having found the article I referred to above, it was a slightly different spin on the question. Instead of nationalities or types of people, it was actually specifically pitched to jobs Sam hadn't tackled, but at the end of the day it is all interesting, and good inspiration for us writers.

As for nationalities - shameless plugosity leads me to point readers to my story "Run for their Lives" over at fanfiction.net. This is no 3 in my five story arc (no 5 is still being written) and has Sam leaping into an Irish Nanny, and taking on her accent.
"Dear Lord, now Oi'm Mrs Doubtfire!"

QL Damsel said:
Ooooooooooooooooooooooooh boy! There are some excellent ideas here. If anyone cares to write it, I'd love to air it on QL:TVS! :D

I can show you my fic where hes a figure skater, eaither when its all finished or I can PM you what I currently have of it?

I thought of a plotline he leaps into a skinny guy on a bowling team.Sam has to save his teammate from a heart attack.The guy is obese,smokes,eats junk,drinks,etc. but he's a good jolly guy so Sam has to prevent this guy from doing these things so he doesn't drop dead at the league championship.

Then I have one where he leaps into a cheerleader the poms poms and the short skirts would be hilarious.Sam has to prevent his/her best friend from eloping from the abusive boyfriend.

Then there is one where he plays an Asian college student who works for his family store but it is being terrozied by gang members.He has to prevent one of his family members from being killed by a gang robbery.Sam knows karate but he's overmatched by these game members so he gets beat up and ends up in the hospital.So he has to escape the hospital to save his family.

Again, I have written Sam as an Asian in my series over at www.fanfiction.net, in that he leaps into a Japanese teenager in number 4 "Snake in the Grass". Not an easy read this one, and definitely for the over 18's only.

I and my dementedness think that a "Jonestown Massacre" episode would be good...depressing as hell...but good.

Sorry for my wierdness.....

Mesmer Ice said:
I thought of a plotline he leaps into a skinny guy on a bowling team.Sam has to save his teammate from a heart attack.The guy is obese,smokes,eats junk,drinks,etc. but he's a good jolly guy so Sam has to prevent this guy from doing these things so he doesn't drop dead at the league championship.

Then I have one where he leaps into a cheerleader the poms poms and the short skirts would be hilarious.Sam has to prevent his/her best friend from eloping from the abusive boyfriend.

Then there is one where he plays an Asian college student who works for his family store but it is being terrozied by gang members.He has to prevent one of his family members from being killed by a gang robbery.Sam knows karate but he's overmatched by these game members so he gets beat up and ends up in the hospital.So he has to escape the hospital to save his family.

The bowling guy one sounds a lot like Heart of a Chamption which is the one episode I could not stand to watch its so dumb and desease stuff freaks me out. No offense to your storyline though, I am sure you have done a great job.

As for my Figure skater leap, I am not going to tell the plot line, you will have to ask me to if you can have a little sneak peak if you want to at least have an idea. ;)

A rose/thistle/shamrock by any other name...

ziggysego said:
Mrs Doubtfire was Scottish ;)

I know that, and you know that, my dear Irish friend, but you have to remember that Sam's brain is Swiss-cheesed, and he's American to boot.
So, Scottish, Irish, it's all the same to him! Teehee. That's my excuse for it anyway. Just put it down to dramatic licence. :p

(Seriously, I wondered how long it would take somebody to spot that one!)

i d like to see him leap into an austronaut trie to change a tragic disaster like the explosion of the spaceship colubia in 2001.
i also love to see him leap in to a passenger of a flight who in the original history the flight went down after a terrible accident.
and end it would be interested if he leapt in to an actor who playes the serial killer in the movies,and in real life he has to stop a real serial killer who suddenly appears and starts killing people..and i imagine in the last scene of the show sam is hunting down by this killer with his girlfriend, they both traped in the cabin house and al tries to help him.and they hide in a room and the killer breaks the door he walks in,,,the police arrives outside the cabin the woman screams heeeeeeeeeelp.sam cant fight the killer, he tries to kill him, the police steps in the room sam yells nooooooooo the police shoot and sam leaps and he is BACK HOME and he sees donna and then sammi jo and His buddy al and they are all happy,and THATS THE END OF QUANTUM LEAP.If only it ended that way LOL.ok dont shoot it was only just a thought hehe

Sam Beckett Fan said:
As for my Figure skater leap, I am not going to tell the plot line, you will have to ask me to if you can have a little sneak peak if you want to at least have an idea. ;)

Hey, SBF, that's not nice, teasing me with my favorite sport of all time, you know!!! I wanna know now!!! Please tell me, by PM or e-mail, I can't stand not to know!!!

Just by the way, I've been taking adult figure skating courses for a few years now, so I'll know what you're talking about! Somehow, it makes me think about the tragic story of Ekaterine Gordeiva (I hope I didn't misspell her name!) and her husband, who died in the middle of a practice.

Well, I'll be waiting for you to contact me!

And as for the leaps, an astronaut would be pretty funny, except of course if it's trying to prevent a tragedy... Sam in Space... inetresting...

See you later!

Clara

No problem Clara, you are most welcomed to a sneak peak, I will Pm you some of the beginning because its too big to put it all in PM. ;)

anyone else that wants a sneak peak may request one but i am not going to allow it for everyone, only a few select people. I wanna surprise most of you.

Let's see... I'm trying to think of some interesting ones that I haven't seen/read before.

-President
-Ballerina
-Plumber (complete with the too-low pants that expose too much! :) )
-Ghost (I don't know how this could be done, but I remember Scott mentioning this as an idea the writers were thinking about. It sounds like fun.)

LadyKayoss said:
Let's see... I'm trying to think of some interesting ones that I haven't seen/read before.

-President
-Ballerina
-Ghost (I don't know how this could be done, but I remember Scott mentioning this as an idea the writers were thinking about. It sounds like fun.)

Really? I know he mentioned a dog which ended up staying but becoming Bobo instead. but he mentioned a Ghost too? when?

How about Sam as a NY fireman on September 10th, 2001? I know it could be touchy, but no more so than some of his Leaps were. After all, Sam is a hero, and I would love to see if he runs in or warns people out or what.

That wouldn't work I dont think because Sams present is way before 9-11 and even though Al and the others are still on the project through 9-11 Sam would not know about it as he is not there to witness it.

Sam Beckett Fan said:
Really? I know he mentioned a dog which ended up staying but becoming Bobo instead. but he mentioned a Ghost too? when?

Unfortunately, I can't remember. That's the price of watching so many interviews, I guess; after awhile, they all blend together! I remember him saying it, though. It wasn't a major discussion point, just an offhand remark. It stuck in my mind because I thought it would've been a cool episode.

LadyKayoss said:

-President
-Ballerina

As for the Ghost ep - don't hold your breath but there could possibly be one of sorts in the pipeline, if Colorado Helen and I ever manage to get together to do it, eh Helen? ;)

Here is the long list that we came up with for the Rodette Vision, but I'm adding to it almost daily (and keeping back some that I have sketched out stories for already and just need time to write!) and I'm sure it'll spark some other ideas.

Run out of episode ideas? Us? NEVER!!!!

President of the United States of America (take your pick which one.)
Queen of England???
The Pope (as Ziggy'sEgo mentioned above)
Then, at the opposite end of the social structure….
Garbage disposal operative
Sewage worker
Rat catcher
And moving on in no particular order…
Sam has been a teacher, of various subjects from English Lit to Sex Ed, but I don't think he has been a Principal, or Dean of College, or conversely, the school bus driver or janitor.
Masseuse
Midwife
Chiropodist
Dentist
Veterinary surgeon (he may be okay helping cows to calve, but what about giving injections to a cat that hisses and scratches and bites, or dealing with exotic pets?)
Looking after the shark pool at Marine Land
Crocodile hunter (this was written before Steve Irwin's sad demise, but a tribute ep might be cool)
Gamekeeper in Kenya
Chef in a top restaurant
Serving at McDonalds
Supermarket checkout girl
Petrol pump attendant
Pizza delivery boy
Motorbike messenger (Maybe having to deliver an organ for transplant?)
Firework maker
Shoe sales girl (trying shoes on people with smelly feet all day)
Florist
Architect
Bricklayer
Steeplejack
Window cleaner (especially on skyscrapers)
Electricity worker (climbing pylons)
Train Driver
Tea picker
Wine taster
Perfume tester
Art restorer
Potter
Television engineer/ Cable guy
First violin in major philharmonic orchestra
Opera singer
Calvin Klein model
Movie director
Make up artist
Telesales operator
Ambassador or Diplomat of some sort
CEO of Fox network, or Universal studios!
Bill Gates
Steven Hawking
Mother Teresa
Marine salvage operative
Olympic gymnast
Skating instructor
Sumo wrestler (as again has been mentioned in this thread)
Children's TV presenter - especially pre-school
Toy maker
Puppeteer (I can see him getting tangled in the strings of a marionette!)
Car salesman
Auctioneer (either motor vehicles or antiques)
Lab technician responsible for testing condoms! (My sister-in-law actually did this job for a while- along with incontinence pads and sanitary towels - and part of her duties was going round public lavatories, seeing how many could be flushed in succession before the loo blocked!)
Weight lifter - leaps in just as leapee has snatched a huge weight up over his head. Sam feels weight and collapses, nearly decapitating himself!!!!
Working on a production line.
Traffic Warden (do they have these in the US? - handing out parking tickets etc. I get the impression from watching tv that regular cops do that over there)

Well, that's enough for y'all to chew over for now.
What's next?

funny how so far out of all the people that have listed leap ideas in this convo I am the only one that has thought of the figure skater. hehe :)

leaper1 said:
As for the Ghost ep - don't hold your breath but there could possibly be one of sorts in the pipeline, if Colorado Helen and I ever manage to get together to do it, eh Helen? ;)

Well, that saves me the trouble of having to write it. And I know that if you two are behind it, then poor Sam'll probably barely get through. :D Can't wait to see this!

leaper1 said:
Crocodile hunter (this was written before Steve Irwin's sad demise, but a tribute ep might be cool)

This would have been a lot of fun... It's a bit painful to think of now, though. Maybe later, a tribute might be good.

I hate posting immediately after myself...

I thought of a few more that I wanted to put up before I forget (because I already forgot them once.)

-Playboy Bunny (Sam doesn't have to pose or anything; just imagine him in bunny ears-and-tail ensemble!

-The Grim Reaper (I'm actually trying to do this as a fanfic called 'The Grim Leaper.' It's sort of hit a dead end. No pun intended.)

-Leper (Spawned from one late night in which my fingers couldn't seem to hit the 'a' whenever I was typing Leaper.)