View Single Post
Old 02-11-2015, 04:56 AM   #4
Donofrio_QLTD
Control Room Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVNewsCam View Post
Tangerine Dream was probably best known for creating the music that was used in the TV show Street Hawk.
Yeah, you're probably right, and what a shame, to be honest. Their music is so great and the body of work they have is so extended and varied they shouldn't just have to be dismissed as "those soundtrack guys". Of course they scored many movies, especially in the 80's and 90's and they even collaborated with some very good and well-known directors such as Ridley Scott ("Legend"), William Friedkin ("Sorcerer"), Michael Mann ("Thief", which starred James Caan) and also a Stephen King collaboration ("Firestarter", which starred Drew Barrymore as a child), but nothing will ever be compared with their studio and live albums. Those are something else!! I don't know if it's true for the rest of the world or only for those of us who are really into this stuff (as you say, it could be the TV series "Streethawk" TD is best known for), but I'm gonna take a shot here and say they're best known for their album "Phaedra" from 1974. At least with that thought in mind I'll sleep well tonight.