What year should the fan leap-in take place?

Which year should the fan leap-in take place?

• Total voters
Leap In Year

Pick a year by selecting it in the poll above!

Either year is fine...however...we can't have a 'leap in' take place in the current year...that never happened on the show. So....how about whatever year we 'leap in' to D*C is the year at the project and we vote for the year we 'leap in' to.

Some suggestions could be 1989 (the year the show started)...1995 (the year Sam leapt)...1953 (Mirror Image)...there are so many other possibilities.

Might there be a QL panel?

At this last D*C for Firefly...there was a fan film followed by a 'Shindig.' Very cool. Maybe there could be something similar for QL (a leap party...like the one that Al and the project were having when Sam first leapt?)

They also had a Pirate and Time Travelers Ball. That certainly fits QL.

Any of these suggestions resonate?

I voted for 2012. With school and everything else to deal with at that time of year, next year would be out for me. But I graduate the end of December 2011, so Sept 2012 would work for me.

Plus, it gives me more time to save up for the trip.

As much as I'd like a reunion to be as soon as possible, I think 2012 would be the best for me. It gives me more time to plan ahead and save up. Plus, like it was pointed out in the previous post, it is a Leap Year!

I'm going to vote 2012 for the Leap year thing... but why Dragon Con? Just curious. I'll be a guest at the Wizard World Atlanta show the weekend of December 3rd this year. Man, I'd love some QL content to visit while there! Just my 2 cents ;)

Is this still happening? There are several conventions I'm eying all at the end of the year, and I'm trying to narrow down which ones to attend. I'd love to do D*C, and a reunion like this would make me more inclined to go.

I think it should be Sept 2011 but really not fussed which year.

LOL...you must really BE a time traveler.

Reason I'm still watching is since 2011 didn't work out, it will have to be 2012 or later. The bigger question is, is it even going to happen?

LOL...you must really BE a time traveler.

Reason I'm still watching is since 2011 didn't work out, it will have to be 2012 or later. The bigger question is, is it even going to happen?

Cool, if they did an end of the world one and Sam has to stop it or something like that?

Maybe the date would be December 21st 2012.

Yeah.... I kinda caved and went to Disney World for the second winter break in a row, so 2012 ain't happening for me. Plus, I'm STILL in college (UGH, when am I ever going to be done?!)... 2014 could work for me.

I really hope that someday soon I'll get the chance to meet my friends from Al's Place in person. I've been friends with many of you for over a decade; I can hardly believe it!

Yeah, 2014 is probably best. I'm sort of all conventioned-out this year, and 2013 is the Doctor Who 50th anniversary, so I'll be hitting various cons to celebrate that. So we may as well go for 2014.

Yeah, 2014 is probably best. I'm sort of all conventioned-out this year, and 2013 is the Doctor Who 50th anniversary, so I'll be hitting various cons to celebrate that. So we may as well go for 2014.

Ah man, I should think about planning to go to at least one DW con next year. Wasn't even thinking about that. Maybe the one in Chicago, or maybe TimeGate (which would be double-fun).

Ah man, I should think about planning to go to at least one DW con next year. Wasn't even thinking about that. Maybe the one in Chicago, or maybe TimeGate (which would be double-fun).

Rumor has it that Gallifrey One, the big one in LA, is trying to get David Tennant... I already have my ticket to that one!

I'm hoping for Colin Baker to come to at least one convention, because whichever one that is, that's the one I'll aim for going to.

He comes to American cons often enough that you should be able to meet him somewhere! He's on my 'must meet' list as well.

(Also, apologies for turning this into a Doctor Who thread... but it's a time travel show, so it's still relevant, right? :D )

No date or location has been picked, so there's no way it would be this year. 2013 at the earliest.

2014 is the 25th anniversary, right? I wouldn't mind something then, especially since I already have some things lined up for 2013 and will probably be broke (LOL, I know, this doesn't revolve around my bank account, but still...) I won't expect something huge like the Leap Back con, but this would give everyone time to come up with something fun!

Maybe we could put together some kind of Leaper event for the 2014 TimeGate con? It's based in Atlanta, Georgia, and it mainly covers Doctor Who and Stargate, but they have other fandoms represented as well. I think QL would fit in great for a small event there.

Maybe we could put together some kind of Leaper event for the 2014 TimeGate con? It's based in Atlanta, Georgia, and it mainly covers Doctor Who and Stargate, but they have other fandoms represented as well. I think QL would fit in great for a small event there.

Joy, do you have info on this, like a website, dates, or something? Sounds interesting!

Here's their website:

http://www.timegatecon.org/

I don't know much about it, having never been there, but I've seen plenty of people talk about their trips to the con and it seems pretty awesome.

Next year's occurs at the end of May.

I just noticed that one of the guests at the 2011 con was Diana Botsford, who is a professor at my university! She wrote a recent Stargate novel; I bought a signed copy and it's a really good book!

Timegate would certainly be cheaper and easier for me to get to... And it'd be easier for anyone get tickets, unlike with a bigger con, like Dragon*Con.

Also... I'd like to volunteer my services. I don't know how I could help, since I have no behind the scenes con experience, and I don't know where I'll be whenever we do this, but I'd be glad to help!

2014 QL meeting

Hi All,

First, I'll introduce myself. I liked/ was a fan of QL from the ages of 4ish-11. Then I forgot about QL because I didn't seem to have access to it. I didn't have any of the VHS and it didn't seem to be on t.v. anymore. At least not that I was aware of. A couple of months ago, I again became a fan :dreaming. QL rocks my socks :hurray:.

Since I missed all of the action when fans seemed to be at their most feverish (the 90's?). I would really like to meet everyone in 2014. I start my first job since I graduated from grad school on Monday so I should have enough cash in 2014. Here's to hoping. It would be neat too if we have it during the TimeTravel convention as I'm also a fan of DW. I've never been to any conventions before so I'm very excited if this does happen.