And so the bad news goes on, and on...

leaper1

PQL Security Staff
Staff member
Sep 1, 2002
Bedford, England
Still no jobs for either hubby or me.
All redundancy money used up.
Likely to lose the house in the next few months.
Sister in law was robbed over Christmas - all her grandfather's medals stolen, mum's jewelry, etc etc. Personal mementos all irreplaceable. The door was forced so violently that the bricks around the frame were damaged, cost her nearly 700 quid to replace.

Worst of all - my mum has been in hospital all over Christmas having been ill for a month prior - just got the news tonight that she Pancreatic Cancer.

Any and all prayers appreciated.

Very sorry to hear things aren't going well for you, leaper1. I guess bad things sometimes have a way of happening all at once.:disbelief I'm sending you and your family all the positive energy I can muster. Hope it helps a little.

I'm so sorry to hear this. Your posts here are always so lovely and you seem to be such a nice person. You have to know that the end to this badness will come.

I'm so sorry to hear about all of the horrible things that happened. :( **Hugs** If you need someone to talk to please write me.

I had no idea that you were having troubles! I'm praying for nothing but good fortune to come your way for a while. Hope 2012 treats you well!

The hospital decided yesterday that they were going to send Mum home. She says they are not planning on giving her chemo after all.

I called last night to find out what arrangements had been made. They are going to send a care worker 4 times a day for up to six weeks f.o.c. to help her get up and put her to bed etc and assess her as to long term coping. They’ve put in two commodes and two zimmer frames - one each upstairs and the same downstairs. A key safe has been put on the outside so the care workers can get in.

All well and good. I was told she’d be coming home at 10.30 this morning via hospital transport. I had a rare day of work at the library, but planned to go round and spend some time with her this evening.

Her neighbor came into the library just before lunch time to say that on the way home mum had had a turn - they suspected a mini-stroke - so they’d taken her back to A & E.

Meanwhile, my husband was on his way to visit his father - who has Alzheimer’s - and the gear linkage on his car shattered! Just when he has 12 weeks of part time work starting Monday, and we have no money to get it fixed.

Phoned the hospital on my lunch break. They decided Mum hadn’t had a stroke, and although the jaundice is back, they still want to send her home. Just waiting for transport to be available.

As at 8pm as I write this, she is STILL waiting. Haven’t been able to go and see her - they said don’t bother trying to get down as she could be leaving any minute. They promised to call me when she left A & E.

Just got a call at 8.05pm.

The nurse has been chasing all afternoon. At 7pm she was told they were in the building and on the way. They didn’t show up. She chased again three times until she was told at 7.50 that they had signed off and gone - without mum! They then suggested calling transport from Luton, which is about an hour’s drive away. She put her foot down and said that she wasn’t prepared to send mum home to an empty house at what would be 10pm. So mum is staying in overnight and is now due home 10am tomorrow.

I wasn’t told, but my brother called to say they’d told him when he called that they’ve put a catheter in.

I despair. Can’t get a straight answer from anyone on anything.

Don’t know how much more I can take.

I am so sorry to hear you're having so much trouble in your life. I can only imagine the kind of pain you're going through. You will be in my prayers.

Much appreciated.

Mum finally came home Sunday lunch time, without a catheter.
She had a fall Sunday night and another Monday morning, giving us a scare, but is doing a bit better now.
She's not as sharp as she was, so I'm still not 100% that the 'turn' wasn't a mini-stroke.
The tension continues unabated.

It's hard to know what to say. Sounds like a very stressful situation.

When my father came home after a month in hospital, it was an adventure to be sure. The visiting nurses hadn't a clue, so I had to step up and learn how to do the treatments properly for my dad.

One thing I will say is, don't be afraid to be forceful and assertive with the hospital and nurses. You have every right to expect a minimum level of care and service.

Best of luck to you.