SCOTT BAKULA in LONDON !!

You should go! Rembember what I said when you wanted to go to Milton Kenyes to see Dean?

I was thinking of going and even though my heart is breaking, I'm very doubtful I'll go as I know what this event is going to be like and with a big name comes a big crowd and loads of pushing and shoving and yelling. If I never saw Scott last week, I proberly would of faced it but last week was a total blast and after getting a kiss and hug from him, how can I do any better? :)

Hugz

Janine xxx

This event falls on my birthday and during our school holidays, I am sooo tempted to go. When I get back to Australia and to reality I will weigh up my options, maybe 1 Scott sighting a lifetime is all I need ... then again what a great excuse to go to London!

Last edited:
I'm so happy about this - after ten years of crossing the ocean to see Scott in various live events in Los Angeles and Washington, he's finally coming to England! And, better yet, July 19th is my birthday!

The thing I'm most excited about is my mum getting to meet him. She was a Quantum Leap fan before me, and got me to watch What Price Gloria with her when I was 12, back when it first aired in the UK. Nineteen years later, she's still a fan of Scott.

I hope to see lots of Brit and European Leapers there!

I would love to go, since Scott is such a warm and kind and terrific fellow. Unfortunately, it took me about two years to save up for the LeapBack convention, so I don't see any extensive travel in my near future.

There's always 2014! ;)

I'm really tempted to go.. but I don't think I can.. even though it's "close to home" (only about 4 hours flight) & I'd prbably have a place to stay at (Herlee?).. it's still a lot of money & I just got back this Sat. from this trip & I haven't started working yet..

uffff....

lol... I don't think Herlee has recovered from his trip yet.... he just got home (suppose to) this morning.... :)

Last year, there was a UK scifi convention (also one in Texas) that had a TV actress on their list of stars that would be appearing. A week before the convention, they either asked her not to come, or they just didn't return her calls.

There were a lot of show fans who bought tickets just to see her that were disappointed. No refunds, either.

But, Scott's a much bigger star than this other woman. They wouldn't dare jerk him around like that, would they?

The company that is organising LFACC has years and years of experience organising autograph fairs, many of which I've been to, and the events run like clockwork - they have it down to a fine art. I personally don't care for this kind of fair - they're so impersonal and money grabbing - but I have no standards and will be going anyway ...

They've been after Scott for years - trust me, they're going to do everything within their power to make this a good experience for him.

Oh, and BTW - Scott told me we have his wife Chelsea to thank for his agreeing to appear - she's been bugging him for years to make a trip to England!

lol... I don't think Herlee has recovered from his trip yet.... he just got home (suppose to) this morning.... :)

Hey! I'm still recovering from my trip lol. Just got back a day and bit ago-haven't had time to rest yet. Went work and now packing boxes and moving furniture and looking for a new home-Tough times ahead but hopefully will get sorted in a month or two!

But yes off course! Always got a place here for you guys, so if you want to come to the con then go for it! Just going through some of your pics both here and on facebook-ah the memories.....

This is not my favorite group of organizers and I've had my own personal run-ins with them but if any of you NEED to see Scott again, do not expect the same quality of meet and greet the folks at Leap Back gave 'ya. Consider your finances first before thinking you will have more than 10 seconds with him.

This is not my favorite group of organizers and I've had my own personal run-ins with them but if any of you NEED to see Scott again, do not expect the same quality of meet and greet the folks at Leap Back gave 'ya. Consider your finances first before thinking you will have more than 10 seconds with him.

Please bear in mind however that this is not 'again' for some of us.
This is likely to be the one and only opportunity I get. Ten seconds is better than nothing.

I'm right there with you - I've had several run-ins with them over the years at various events. It actually galls me to have to pay out lots of money (I've gone for a gold pass to have guaranteed admission to Scott's talk) when I don't agree with their business method, but what choice do I have? I want to see Scott - HAVE to see Scott, after nagging him for ten years to get his arse over to England - so there you go.

But they know what they're doing, things generally run smoothly, and I know for a lot of people on this board, it'll be the first opportunity they've ever had to meet Scott. And Scott has long since mastered the art of being quick with fans, but friendly and accomodating at the same time, so people hopefully won't come away feeling short-changed.

You should go! Rembember what I said when you wanted to go to Milton Kenyes to see Dean?

I was thinking of going and even though my heart is breaking, I'm very doubtful I'll go as I know what this event is going to be like and with a big name comes a big crowd and loads of pushing and shoving and yelling. If I never saw Scott last week, I proberly would of faced it but last week was a total blast and after getting a kiss and hug from him, how can I do any better? :)

Hugz

Janine xxx

Yeah but it's worth going to see the showdown between Jason (one of the organisers) & Jay if nothing else! ;-)

... but if any of you NEED to see Scott again, do not expect the same quality of meet and greet the folks at Leap Back gave 'ya...
:sing Marc is jealous!! :sing
:sing Marc is jealous!! :sing​

(I know Marc since 3 years ago, maybe because “jealousies”... he didn't talk with me at "The Leap Back" :wacko)

First I ask for pardon by my grammatical mistakes in this forum, but if nobody has patience to speak with me in English, I will never learn.

:nut I have gone about 10 Conventions to USA, one to London and ... of course... FedCon!! in Germany.
Really, I am not a fan of nobody, but I like to see happy people at the Conventions.
:whip It is not only TO NEED to see Scott Bakula, 10 seconds, "again" in London...
(Only 4 hours from my house, this time, thanks).
We can take advantage of the trip TO LONDON to go to the theater (theatre in England)...
Maybe to SEE Patrick Stewart ... 2 hours!!
This link: http://www.trh.co.uk/home.php
:roflmao:
Certainly, the organizers LFACC will never be better that "The Leap Back".
(Now I say "thanks" to them, despite I pronounce very badly in English they were very nice with me, except "the master of ceremonies", of course).
Anyway... I wonder... if Scott Bakula take, at a quiet place like LeapBack, four bodyguards, how many will he send to London?
W e l l .... , July is very far...
--- Marianela... (from Tenerife - Canary Islands) ....:wavey

Marc, I totally understand what you're saying. I've been to several of their events before and...the place scares me, but so many of my friends are going as well as Scott and I know that it's not going to top last month (heck it's almost been a month already!) at the very least it's going to be a chance to meet with friends :)

Actually the first LFCC I went to I ended up in hospital, but that's a story for another time.

Hugz

Janine

It was easy... that Marc was dedicating a few "words" to me...:hair
HEY GIRL! Now I will NEVER come over to the islands to visit you. puh!
Btw, when are you expecting me.
Hugs and kisses baby! Now OFF TO GERMANY I go!!!

:heybaby HEY... BA :baby BY ! ... if you are angered, take revenge with me, not with My Islands...
I will not be waiting for you..., because I continue travelling ...
in May I will go to San Francisco, CA.
in June, who knows?... (If I am alive...)
:cheers Happy FEDCON, Marc !! :cheers
--- Hello Vered ! ... I hope see you in London.!!! ---

Got my ticket! See ya all there!

Wow! I am jealous!!!

I always wanted to go to England. Beyond Scott's convention appearance. Someday I want to go and see all the Beatles landmarks. Liverpool, The Cavern Club, Abbey Road Studio, EVERYTHING!

But this is far too soon for a trip for me. Though I would love to see you guys again. That's even a week after my birthday...

Have Fun!

This is brilliant!
I normally find out about things like this when it's too late but this must be fate!
I might be on holiday then but that just means I'll be closer to London, oh I can't not go...