The Cheer-leaping Squad!!!

What do you most expect at next year's event?

• Total voters
Hey Chicken Boo <as I sing the theme song to SUPER CHICKEN>, many friendships are lost due to the disrespect of one's political and religious beleifs. Of course that always happens when the other person disagrees so why take the chance. Looking forward to whoopin' it up with you too!

@Bexter: Thanks hon <Baltimorean slang>! I wear baseball caps all the time. That shot was during an AIDS WALK around Angels Stadium in California last weekend. I'm a huge gay rights <and I'm not gay>, civil rights, children rights and animal rights advocate so I flew out to do that as well as sign up a few actors for my event in October.

To all: 1 post per day shoos the blues away. The longer you stay excited about LEAPBACK, the slower the weekend during the event will go. 3 days will seem like 3 hours next year so this is the only way to make the event a year long event.

The top 4 reasons fans from all over the world plan to attend LEAP BACK:

1. A great program.

2. Shaking the hand of the entire committee for what they've done!! 72.73%

Meeting wonderful people for a wonderful weekend. 72.73%

That dude named BRIAN. <coming soon to a theater near you.> 54.55%

An envigorating feeling of rediscovery. 45.45%

Sounds like all good reasons to me.

Classical Theories said:
Since gas prices here are so bad...........................I'm walkin'!

You think your petrol prices are bad - I paid $110 to fill my car yesterday. My car was pretty empty so I needed the full 60 litres but that is still alot of money.

I could nearly buy another Quantum Leap ticket with that. I am thinking I need a second job just to pay for petrol but then I will need more petrol to get to my second job. Maybe it will be cheaper to fly!

If there was ever a movie that could signify the importance of people coming together for a common cause, it was WALL*E. It made me a better cheer leader for LEAP BACK (saw myself the tiny tot too)!!!

I'm a huge silent critic of bad writing and execution. When I see it, I announce it! This movie had none of that.

Let's make it simple: On a scale of 1 to 10, WALL*E is a 15!!!

ris768 said:
I am thinking I need a second job just to pay for petrol but then I will need more petrol to get to my second job. Maybe it will be cheaper to fly!
Ha Ha, I did get a second job Marissa, I'm sorting the post everymorning from 5.30-8.00am, The getting up at 5.00am is killing me but so worth it. I totally love it, Justin is taking every monday off from work now to cut down on his accumulated holidays so i'll be working all day Monday's there as well, from 5.30am to 5.00pm, lucky I totally love it, the people there are fantastic. In the mean time I'm still running my management business during the day. I'm going to need a holiday for sure by next March!!! But it makes is so worth it when you have a goal to work towards. I'll call again soon hey and we can plan our trip some more!! :cheers However it may have to be your turn, I just got my phone bill from last time YIKES!!!

Classical Theories said:
Let's make it simple: On a scale of 1 to 10, WALL*E is a 15!!!

Really, I'll check that out!! I don't know if its out here yet, last time i was at the movies was with the kids to see 'alvin and the chipmunks' (a couple hours of my life I'd gladly have back) and they were promoting it then!! I'm always looking for a great movie to take the kids too, thats not going to bore me to tears ;)

I've applied for 5 weeks Long Service Leave, still working out what I am going to do during 4 of those weeks. I know where I will be 27-29 March 2009, that is the only certainty.

@Bex! Thatta girl! We gotta plan our pre-con fun now. I may be out there for 2 weeks now. I'm bringing my Nintendo DS. I always drive while playing my DS.

@ris768: Hell girl (you ARE a girl, right?)!!! SPLIT THE DIFFERENCE and lets go put out some fires.

Disclaimer: Marc Lee's comments does not constitute that there will be California fires during his stay in the area. He's not THAT good. All remarks made by Marc were approved by the Forestry Service and not deemed harmful to Smokey the Bear or Thumper (not my ex-girlfriend) the rabbit. This has been a paid political announcement made by the SPARE US A FEW DROPS OF WATER Committee. Not valid in Seattle, Michigan or Tennessee(they can't read this). All rights reserved unless you have a LeapBack gold ticket which means you can sit here. Void during Lent.

I hope I am a girl, otherwise I am missing some boy bits.

Should I bring Mario Kart and my DS? We can race each other.
I'm concerned at how you can drive while playing the DS, I'm still expecting to go on the party bus tour of LA but I do somewhat value my life.

ROFL! I'm great at multi-tasking ris! I have Mario KArt also. I always play a few games before I drift off to sleep. Damn thing's addicting!!

I checked out your profile and you are INDEED a girl. A pretty cute one too.

The LA bus tour. I forgot about that. If people still want to do that I think we can get 9 others to join me. Should we start a list?

I changed my flight schedule so I now arrive Monday morning the week of the con but booking into hotel on Wednesday (with Ris768 into 'the party room'') so well have lots of time to do stuff leading up to the con. I think Marissa and I were thinking of doing Universal on the Thursday (were we ris?) so anyone can join us on that but before that I haven't decided what I'm doing yet!

BUT BIG NEWS!!! HUGE NEWS!! I'll actually have met one of my Al's place mates before next March as Lighting McQueenie is in Perth and coming over for Dinner tonight, he and his mate are staying the night here. Beth is sleeping in Samantha's room and he and his mate are sleeping in Beth's Strawberry Shortcake room

:roflmao: ROFLMAO!!! :roflmao:

He thinks I'm joking!! Can't wait until he gets here and finds out I'm not.

Hey Bex,
Since I live 15 mins. from the better UNIVERSAL STUDIOS (muhahahahahaaa) and I have an annual pass (muhahahahahaa again), I might pass on that but may be willing to provide you and your friend a ride (muhahahahahaaa). I won't be booking my flight tix till around February 2009 and plan to come in on the Friday a week before for business.

I suspect the list goes like this:

Marc
ris768
Snish
Bexter
Marissa

Classical Theories said:
Hey Bex,
Since I live 15 mins. from the better UNIVERSAL STUDIOS (muhahahahahaaa) and I have an annual pass (muhahahahahaa again), I might pass on that but may be willing to provide you and your friend a ride (muhahahahahaaa). I won't be booking my flight tix till around February 2009 and plan to come in on the Friday a week before for business.

I suspect the list goes like this:

Marc
ris768
Snish
Bexter
Marissa

ris768 and Marissa are one and the same person - that would be me. Unless I am getting 2 seats - woohoo twice the fun!

Bexter said:
BUT BIG NEWS!!! HUGE NEWS!! I'll actually have met one of my Al's place mates before next March as Lighting McQueenie is in Perth and coming over for Dinner tonight, he and his mate are staying the night here. Beth is sleeping in Samantha's room and he and his mate are sleeping in Beth's Strawberry Shortcake room

:roflmao: ROFLMAO!!! :roflmao:

He thinks I'm joking!! Can't wait until he gets here and finds out I'm not.
Well the joke would be on me now!!

I just ironed his, and his friends shirt so we can go out nightclubbing, believe me I wasn't going anywhere with him in a creased shirt!!

I can't beleive I did that!!!! :hair

And they didn't seem the mind the strawberry shortcake room at all SCARY!!!

Last edited:
Wow, I've missed out on some GREAT posts lately... guess I've been too busy doing a little QL flick.

What I am looking VERY forward to is meeting all the nice folks I've met on here in the last year. This will be my family's first big trip out west, plus my unborn son's first fest/con/event. We're making this a week's vacation to see all of our friends in LA, which will be so nice!

Plus I can't wait to meet this mysterious committee I keep hearing about! :lol

Peace~

Chris :)

Bexter said:
What list is this????

What have I got myself in for????

Is this for the "Leapers in LA" sightseeing van.

Yes it is.

Aren't you more worried that you are sharing with someone who has a split personality??? I hope for your sake that ris768 is the one in the room when you are asleep instead of her evil twin Marissa! :hair

The van is equipped with ejection seats for multi-personality passengers. We have also installed rabid caged gerbils under each seat. Should you get out of line during the trip, these measures will be used with due haste and you might find yourself laying spread eagled on Hollywoood Boulevard or suffering from some serious ankle bites.

Got it?!

Well as you all now I'm really looking forward to meeting all my Al's place buds in LA next year but I had a sneak peak at one on the weekend and here is the evidence!!!

Yes I do realise it looks like Hayden has his arm around his very young and a attractive looking mother!!!

bexter1971

Attachments

• Me & Nags.jpg
    Me & Nags.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 8